Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

07' Civic si sedan

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2007, 12:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07' Civic si sedan

First I would like to start off by saying this is not a thread to try to compare our cars (evo's) to this one. But rather just my personal impressions of the car!

I have owned two previous civic si's. First was a used 99', which i did like alot, and only had a few mods too, and then a 03' si which i hated the body stlying but loved the interior and power plant. My 03 had a good amount of work done and i really enjoyed driving it! Then when the car of my dreams came out, i quickly traded the civic in, and got an evo 8, which is my baby and i have been very fortunate to have.

Now one of my close freinds who has been into cars alot longer then i have decided to get a new car (he has had a whole range of qiuck cars, one was a talon that ran low 12's). An evo was out of the question, being that he has a family, and is trying to buy a house. The RSX type s is a lil pricey also! And he really didnt want a coupe. Well we went to honda and checked out the new si sedan, and both of us were surprised about the looks and price. It actually cost a little less then the coupe. One other thing to think about is the fact that it only weighs just over 60 pounds more then the coupe, so that really cought us off guard. So he was set, he got the car about 2 weeks ago, broke it in, changed the oil, using royal purpule synthetic motor oil, and we took for a real drive!

All i can say is that this car realy performs both duties of being a family car, and something to enjoy while pushing the limit, very well. The engine tone is great, and once you hit 6000 rpm, you get that extra kick to pull you all the way up to redline (which is 8000 rpm). The feeling is obviously not like boost, but is definately welcoming! While driving into the corners the brakes perform very very well, and while exiting, the lsd keeps the traction there so the understeer ins't too obvious and speed is kept. The 6 speed tranny felt very nice and tight and easy. The seats are great, (I know not like the evo lol). The steering response is ok, but throttle response is awsome. It is fly by wire, (I think thats what it is called lol). And the interior space comfortable! It does come standard with side aribags which is good for him and his familly. The guage placement is a lil weird, but u get used to it. While driving "normally" it is preety much like driving any another civic. The ride is a lil stiff, but bearly noticable. .

All in all, I must say that this car really surprised me, I know honda puts out great stuff, but i didn't expect it out of a sedan! If I was in the market for a nice lil sedan, with good gas mileage, and the ability to take out and have some fun with, this would be it!

Thanks for reading, and remember, this is not a thread to compare our cars, just MY impressions!

Thanks, J
Old Jan 26, 2007, 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

Right now, I would like to buy a coupe Civic (non-Si) just to put miles on it. If I would have more money I would get the Si coupe.
Old Jan 26, 2007, 01:14 PM
Evolving Member

Good write up.
Old Jan 26, 2007, 01:23 PM
Evolving Member

^ thanks
Old Jan 26, 2007, 01:40 PM
Evolved Member

Nice write up. Good looking car I would buy one for a dd.
Old Jan 26, 2007, 01:45 PM
Evolved Member

My friend just got one. It is a really quick car. Would take a Ralliart in a 1/4 mile. Not to sure about the twistys though.
Old Jan 26, 2007, 01:53 PM
Evolving Member

I sell hondas. The new Si is an amazing car for the money. The 6spd tranny blows ours away as far as some of the smoothest shifting I've ever felt. Redlines really high, tremendous resale value, gas milage, and very safe. Only bad thing right now is that the foor door doesn't even have an exhaust out for it. Greddy was trying to use my buddys car as a test vehicle.
Old Jan 26, 2007, 03:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
I prefer the 4 door model Si look over the 2 door Si. They are great cars for the money.
Old Jan 26, 2007, 03:12 PM
Evolving Member

I'm sure they will have exhuast systems out in due time.
Old Jan 26, 2007, 03:13 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah I really like the new Si sedan, best thing honda could have done to that car, short of making it Turbo form the factory.
Old Jan 26, 2007, 03:18 PM
Evolving Member

^ agreed
Old Jan 27, 2007, 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

My wife just picked up the sedan. I really, really like this car. Feels nothing like a Honda. Solid, good interior, I don't have a problem with the lack of torque, shifter feels good, etc.

Old Jan 28, 2007, 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evocanival
...The steering response is ok, but throttle response is awsome....
I happen to think exactly the opposite. Steering repsones is great while throttle responce sucks. All in all though, for the price, the car is exceptional. Handles well, pretty quick, nice styling.