Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

02 EP3 Civic SI vs New 07 Impreza 2.5i

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2007, 01:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by wu343
I have looked into the non Evo lancer and I amnot a huge fan. I hate the looks of it and I am not that impressed with the motor. To say that the Lancer motor is that much better then the Honda K20 is a Joke.
Than start laughing, because its the funniest thing your ever gonna hear.

4G69 > K20a3

The ralliart and the 4G69 motor was built in regards for one thing only, to do every and anything better than k20a3 Ep3 Si hatch can do. That is exactly where MMC and MMNA set its target at when they released the lancer ralliart and it does extremely well. Obviously you know nothing about the 4G69 and how stout of a motor it is in general and how much better it in stock and modifed form than the K20a3.

If your not impressed with the 4G69 than you'll be beating your head against the wall once you get your hands on the k20a3. Such a sorry excuse for a k20.

Anyways, I wouldnt even buy a em2 SI as your just asking to get jacked for that b16. Just lease the 2.5i and call it a day.

Last edited by Arithmetic; Feb 13, 2007 at 05:40 PM.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 08:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Arithmetic
Kid, don't make yourself look anymore stupid.

The SI is not a sports car, how dare you even mention that. It is slow, torqueless and looks like an egg. Its a sorry excuse for a honda and even worse for owning a 'SI' badge. The k20a2 is a weak motor and make lil to no power with mods. Even the i-vTEC on that thing is a sorry excuse for topend power, more like fuel economy topend. At full throttle the damn car sounds like bees at a honeycomb convention and moves like a tortoises in a rabbit race,

P.S. Have fun waiting for (so called) vTEC to kick in @5200rpms, while the ralliart MIVEC kicks in @3500rpms and pulls all the way to redline. Also, no you will not catch up or reel the ralliart in, with a dyno of 148wtrq to the SI 119wtq all you will see is the mitsubishi logo. If you want even more proof of how easy a ralliart can do a ep3 hatch in, just youtube 'run sir ralliart' and watch the movies ive produce of my dd ralliart.

To the OTS:
Buy a 2.5i. Don't even waste your time on the worse 'SI' to ever come out in the honda camp. I would rather buy a base rsx than a ep3 hatch, plus you can't beat new car smell. Also you link does not work if your not a member of the ephatch forums.
you Ralliart people are funny...

I shoot myself before I get a Ralliart....I don't get why peopel buy them anyways
Old Feb 13, 2007, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wu343
Here is a pic of the EP3. I am also talking with another guy that has a 99 SI. It is sounding more and more like the 02 SI is out of the picture.

I would take the 99 SI before the newer ones you are looking at.. just my opinion. better mods/looks ect. Personally i would buy a beater car $2000 or less and drive it while saving every single penny. This way, you are not one of them people on here paying 600+ a month for 72 months.

I say buy my saturn for 2 G, and then we will both be happy.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

that civic is weak sauce! youd regret buying it... and its fugly imo...
Old Feb 13, 2007, 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

Than start laughing, because its the funniest thing your ever gonna hear.

4G69 > K20a2

The ralliart and the 4G69 motor was built in regards for one thing only, to do every and anything better than k20a2 Ep3 Si hatch can do. That is exactly where MMC and MMNA set its target at when they released the lancer ralliart and it does extremely well. Obviously you know nothing about the 4G69 and how stout of a motor it is in general and how much better it in stock and modifed form than the K20a2.

If your not impressed with the 4G69 than you'll be beating your head against the wall once you get your hands on the k20a2. Such a sorry excuse for a k20.

Anyways, I wouldnt even buy a em2 SI as your just asking to get jacked for that b16. Just lease the 2.5i and call it a day.

Fanboys and cheerleaders crack me up.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 09:03 AM
Evolving Member

kseries>4g69.....kseries i could honestly say is the best n/a 4 banger motors out.

yes ep3 is the worse k20 u can get but ive seen a k20a2 swapped with a rsx-s head and have 180whp w/ bolt ons...but if u r gonna get the older si than u also might look for a gsr...i came close buyin a 97 champ white type r for 9k with low miles...but if you buy one of those cars becareful!!!
Old Feb 13, 2007, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

Let me explain it this way:

Civic = no punnani
Ralliart = some punnani
Buy a shatty saturn and a nice suit + pretend to be someone you are not = LOTS OF SEX.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 05:22 PM
Evolving Member

What about the Scion TC? Anyone have experience with this car?
Old Feb 13, 2007, 05:48 PM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

^^^ I would get that over an EM or EP3 SI.
Originally Posted by AzBlackEvo8
you Ralliart people are funny...

I shoot myself before I get a Ralliart....I don't get why peopel buy them anyways
Dictionary.com says:
No results found for peopel.
Did you mean people (in dictionary)?
Also, for the record it's people, not peopel.

The only thing I see funny is your grammer and the fact you think the SI is a sports car. I would shoot myself if I was your english teacher or if you were a car salesman and I came to your dealership.
Originally Posted by Justindc2
kseries>4g69.....kseries i could honestly say is the best n/a 4 banger motors out.
True, yet your comparing a variety of K motors to the 4G69. That's why I have said k20a3 which is the specific motor for the EP3 hatch. Now I know for a fact the USDM k20a2, k20z1, k20z3 > 4G69, but he's not buying an rsx-s or a new civic si.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 05:54 PM
Evolved Member

get the si and then the evo 10...
Old Feb 14, 2007, 05:25 AM
Evolving Member

Also, what is so bad about the VW Jettas? They are priced very well in my area and I have lots to choose from.
Old Feb 16, 2007, 01:29 PM
Evolving Member

^^^ I would get that over an EM or EP3 SI.

Dictionary.com says:

Also, for the record it's people, not peopel.

The only thing I see funny is your grammer and the fact you think the SI is a sports car. I would shoot myself if I was your english teacher or if you were a car salesman and I came to your dealership.

True, yet your comparing a variety of K motors to the 4G69. That's why I have said k20a3 which is the specific motor for the EP3 hatch. Now I know for a fact the USDM k20a2, k20z1, k20z3 > 4G69, but he's not buying an rsx-s or a new civic si.
So I spelled "people" wrong, big deal

I still think SI is more of a sports car than Ralliart. I stated SI because simply I wouldn't "lease" a vehicle (which is what the guy wants to do with the 2.5i)

Who need to know about 4G69 when you have 4G63

Ralliart
Old Feb 22, 2007, 07:46 PM
Evolving Member

I have it down to two choices. The first is an 03 Mazda Protégé ES and the other is a lease on an 07 Subaru 2.5i. I can get the Mazda for about $50 less a month then the Subaru but I am not sire about Mazda reliability and resale. I have never owned a Mazda before. Also, the torque steer it terrible in the car but other then that it does drive well.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gregivq
Let me explain it this way:

Civic = no punnani
Ralliart = some punnani
Buy a shatty saturn and a nice suit + pretend to be someone you are not = LOTS OF SEX.
fnucker its punanny not punnani
Old Feb 22, 2007, 09:01 PM
Evolved Member

I heard k20 motor is the best 4 cyl engine in the world.
props for honda!

Quick Reply: 02 EP3 Civic SI vs New 07 Impreza 2.5i