Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

02 EP3 Civic SI vs New 07 Impreza 2.5i

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2007, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by FastCoEVO
Your a schmuck. You honestly think that garbage coke can motor in a ralliart will make more power turbo vs turbo than a K20? Bwhahaha your delusional.

but your right I mean companies like Ariel use the 4G69 all of the time for their track cars because its a wildly superior motor. Again when has the 4g69 Powered a car into the 9's all motor? Funny how like a ***** you pick and choose what you want to answer so it suits your purpose.
You really beyond words can describe.

This is about the 4g69 and k20a3... not the k20a, k20a2, k20z1 or even the k20z3, so why do you keep mentioning all these other variants? I already said those k20's are better motor than the 4G69. Ontop of that, you mention the Ariel Atom, but the engine that powers the Ariel Atom is a k20a, not a k20a3, but again... the k20a, which is the JDM Civic Type-R and Integra Type-R motor. Which comes with 220hp, alot more than a stock k20a3 that comes with 160hp. So get your facts straight and stay on topic as we are talking about the k20a3.

You also want to blather on about how the orig poster asked for something specific. Guess what brain child. He didnt ask you or anyone else to throw in their incredibly useless opinion on a completely different car than what he originally asked about did he? No he didnt.
Again, you really don't take the time to read do you? If you did, you would understand that I told him if he didn't want a ralliart to lease the Impreza 2.5i instead. Than when he asked about purchasing a tC, i told him to get that instead aswell. After that, I actually left the thread, but you came in here (quoting me) with your endless world of k20 variant motors and mods (when the guy is trying to save money), which had nothing to do at hand on the Civic Si k20a3 engine. Talk about waaaaaay off topic, so whos the moron now?

So if the guy wants to save money...why buy a ralliart again? Civic Si gets better gas mileage, is twice as reliable, holds its value about 30 times better.....hmmm not to mention that if he does decide to put mods on it theres about a billion of them that can be had relatively cheap. Or he could lease a car for 3 years that will be under warrant, and not have any cares in the world.
Gas is all on driving ability and how you maintain your foot. Ive gotten over 300miles on on tank and than I have gotten alil under 220, it just depends. I agree hondas are reliable, I have a beater accord that is reliable to this date and its a 1990, with over 150kmiles. Ralliart is reliable aswell, go check the ralliart forums (I dare you... you just might learn something instead of bashing), it is the most reliable lancer and one of the most reliable mitsubishi ever, more so than the most popular mitsu, the evo. Im at 60k, not one problem and still have my 10year / 100k warranty, your honda will be done at 60k / 5years. Im not gonna argue (and never have) that the civic hold is value better against the lancer. Far as mods go, again I know the civic has a better tuner market, but having a million different parts does not always equal better, more varitey is good, but thats also where the 'ricer' name comes from and why honda has copyright it for years.

No one in their right mind would use a 6000 greddy turbo kit on their Si, when there are like about a billion different companies like AFI, PeakBoost, Full Race.....need I go on? all of which will make way more power, cost less....etc etc etc.
... just because you wouldn't pay 6gs for a greddy kit (even though its not 6gs to begin with) doesnt mean others won't or havent. It is one of more popular turbokit for the ep3 and probably the most reliable aswell. AFI, Peakboost and Full Race? You must be from arizona with all these local garages. Show me dynos of these bolt on turbokits, because I searh and came up with nothing.

And lastly. Im sure I can find a link to a webpage where someone made 270-300 hp all motor in their stock displacement K20. Still waiting for a 4g69 to do that, with its "superior" engineering.
k20? You mean k20a3 right? Again, as I have said before, mod vs. mod the ralliart will make more power against the k20a3, period.

Your arguing skills and lack of staying on topic sucks. For example, If I say the color pink is gay, your job is too argue why it isn't gay, not tell me that the color orange is a better color. What does the color orange have to do with what im talking about? In refrence, if I say the k20a3 is one of the worse motor in k20 lineup and stock vs. stock the 4G69 is better, your job is to tell me why its not the worse motor in k20 lineup and why stock vs. stock its a better motor than the 4G69, not tell me that the k20a that powers the ariel atom is a better motor and that an all motor k20a can runs 9's. What does that have to do with the k20a3 im takling about. The skunk rsx isnt using a k20a3 and for damn sure there is no all motor k20a3 running 9's, period. Stay on topic. That's like me telling you what a variant of the 4G motor can do, for example the 4G63, ams version running 8's. To bad it has nothing to do with the 4G69, so why would I even bring that up, aka you bring up a different k20 motor besides the one that is the topic at hand? Tisk, tisk, tisk.

Last edited by Arithmetic; Feb 27, 2007 at 04:35 PM.