Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

C6 z51 vs Evo (comparison after the switch)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2007, 02:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GGevoIXSE
Ya i think a Vishnu tuned 335i would keep up with a stock vette if you said its only pushing 350whp thats around what the vishnu 335i has, The new tune they got gives the 335i 380wtq with just a tune and exhaust, i think the only edge the vette would have over the 335i would be the weight difference. Vishnu tuned 335i'z are suppose to run about 12.6 1/4 with good traction.

Waiting for this thing is such a *****, i called bmw today and they told me first or second week of april is when i should be expecting it
Stock c6s are around 12.4-12.6 so that would be a drivers race... but in addition to the huge weight difference the c6 also has a very low coeffecient of drag. Just adding the vararam intake is taking .3 of the 1/4 on the vette.I should be at a solid 400whp after the tune..
Old Feb 23, 2007, 07:33 AM
Evolving Member

im still happy with the evo.. for 1000 dollars i ran a 12.4..

when im bald and 50 i will buy a vette
Old Feb 23, 2007, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evovin
C6 is defenitely a chick magnet dude!!!
Evo is a dude magnet!

Not allways true, the younger chikcs (18-23) know the Evo. I had one liitle hottie scream out her window "OMG I love your Evo". I give it to the Electric Blue Pearl...its a sick lookin color! Had 2 C4 vettes before the evo and drove my dads C5 all the time. I do like my Evo better than the older vettes but my buddys Black C6 looks like the fuggin' batmobile! I got a kid now so I had to have a car seat in my new car! LOL
Old Feb 23, 2007, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Turbo Kyle
My best friend has a Black c6 also. The F'er pulls like crazy up top 100+ MPH (he had a tune and K&N filters). We raced from a dig I a really put it on him 4-5 car to 60 MPH. He didnt catch me till about 130mph.
How much power are you making? 5 or 6 speed?
Old Feb 23, 2007, 09:23 AM
Evolved Member

Great review, the C6 is a very nice car and worth the money. I also like your take on the EVO being the new bang for buck performance car, I agree with you, although I think your big brother (C6 Z06) although more expensive, might have something say about that. Nice upgrade, a C6 Vette is a very nice car, but I would never buy a Vette as my daily driver. Nothing against Vettes, but I need to sit 4 or 5 adults.
Old Feb 23, 2007, 09:45 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evovin
C6 is defenitely a chick magnet dude!!!
Evo is a dude magnet!
It depends on what part of the country you're in. You're not going to attract any chick under 50 with a Corvette around here.

The cars that attract the women around here tend to be luxury brands.
Old Feb 23, 2007, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

id still rather have the evo lol

id take a C6 z06

or maybe the new z07 Mmmmmmm
Old Feb 23, 2007, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

Not allways true, the younger chikcs (18-23) know the Evo. I had one liitle hottie scream out her window "OMG I love your Evo". I give it to the Electric Blue Pearl...its a sick lookin color! Had 2 C4 vettes before the evo and drove my dads C5 all the time. I do like my Evo better than the older vettes but my buddys Black C6 looks like the fuggin' batmobile! I got a kid now so I had to have a car seat in my new car! LOL
I don't know about that. I have only met one girl who knew my car was an evo; I did meet her because of the evo though. Everyone else is like wtf is an evo. Whenever I drove my dads yellow C6 convertible I definately brought home more *** and got more looks. I guess thats the price to pay when you live in Georgia
Old Feb 23, 2007, 09:55 AM
Evolving Member

lol yeah.. ^ there has been a few times i was driving around and heard wtf is that??? I just laugh not to many people know what an "evo" is..
Old Feb 23, 2007, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

ha.. this is somewhat true because normally, a girl figures.. I bet that guys like 50 and bald.. little do they know im 25, but thats where the targa top comes in!

Last edited by bdking57; Feb 23, 2007 at 10:18 AM.
Old Feb 23, 2007, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Pure Playaer
id still rather have the evo lol

id take a C6 z06

or maybe the new z07 Mmmmmmm
Keep telling yourself that .. but if they were the same price you would be in the c6. The fact the evo can complete with a 50K car is impressive! go . Most of the vetteforum guys have no idea about what these cars can do.. luckily there are plenty of former wrx/evo owners to inform them. Alot of members have moved over from f bodies and are still clueless.
Old Feb 23, 2007, 10:28 AM
Evolving Member

The Vette offers so much more. I love the comparison's on here "oh well if I modded my Evo I would run the same as a stock C6" OOOOOOOOOO wow so If you modded your car, you could beat a stock car! Way to go champ. Remind me to call the Guiness book of world records because Im sure thats a first. lol

Mods for Vettes are cheap as hell, and LS motors make tons of power, and most of the parts come straight from GM. You cant beat that. If Mitsu did that they would still void your warranty.
Old Feb 23, 2007, 10:52 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bdking57
Keep telling yourself that .. but if they were the same price you would be in the c6. The fact the evo can complete with a 50K car is impressive! go . Most of the vetteforum guys have no idea about what these cars can do.. luckily there are plenty of former wrx/evo owners to inform them. Alot of members have moved over from f bodies and are still clueless.
No offense, but for the same price a lot of us would still be in the Evo.

It's a fast car, no doubt about it, but once I hit $50,000 I'd rather be in an M3 or an S4. Once you hit $70,000 I'd rather be in an RS4, an M5, etc.

But then again, a lot of us would still want to be in an Evo. That's my situation at least.
Old Feb 23, 2007, 11:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by doccommando
It depends on what part of the country you're in. You're not going to attract any chick under 50 with a Corvette around here.

The cars that attract the women around here tend to be luxury brands.
Hahah, im in texas...

my evo is a dude magnetic ... all the girls want guys in trucks!!!
Old Feb 23, 2007, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by E. Haskell
Sex appeal definitely goes to the C6 nothing for the money can compete there.
I have to totally disagree with this. Maybe because I live in the midwest, but there's tons of Vette's around here. Therefore it's nothing special to see one, and it's usually much older people (ala 50+ overweight males) driving them.
I think that image hurts the car personally. Of course, the Evo has the young foreign racing image to it; so nothing's perfect.

You can get into a C6 for < $40k. I was offered a new 2006 awhile back and was tempted. So, we're only talking roughly $10k difference. But put that $10k into the Evo and things are not equal at all! I personally thought the Vette rode terrible - and I drive an Evo!

Quick Reply: C6 z51 vs Evo (comparison after the switch)