Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

C6 z51 vs Evo (comparison after the switch)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2007, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
C6 is sexy from the outside. The aero line is amazing. But the interior looks/feel cheap. And that is something to say from an Evo driver (cuz you know we got jack compared to other cars in the 30-50K range.)
Old Feb 23, 2007, 11:48 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When are you putting the lingenfelter kit on it?? I was at the track one day and some guy had it on his C6 and he had no traction from 1st to 4th at allll and he had 305s in the back instead of the stock 285s... i mean this guy couldnt punch it for **** the car would fish tail

check this video out
http://youtube.com/watch?v=x58iQwlzkcY 0 to 60 in 1.8 sec

Last edited by GGevoIXSE; Feb 23, 2007 at 11:52 AM.
Old Feb 23, 2007, 11:59 AM
Evolved Member

Meh... now you guys are just making stuff up.. in no way does the ride better in the evo. The evo has super stiff bushings.. part of the reason why its so communcative, but its way to stiff for a normal daily driver. You can glide over speed bumps, even with the z51 suspension that would crack the evo in half... plus the leaf spring suspension is much more advanced giving the car much higher gs. in the turn that a non coilover evo cant touch.

The seats in the car are gourgeous.. same function as the recaros but much better quality all the way around. I dont like the steering wheel( the momo is awesome)... or the center console but its still better then the evos... the clutch is great! Launching the car and not worrying about it breaking is nice.

I cannot believe someone would move to an s4 or an M3 and be happy.. those cars are 50K and the evo is faster! I dont know what is about the drivers trying to challenge vettes, but It seems like every m3 has tried and lost by bus lengths on the highway. Hell the vette is still faster then the RS4 and an M5 can not be purchased for 70K lol. But its not even fair to compare cars that dont fit your lifestyle.. compare the vette to the porshe cayman s or BMW M coupe. If your not in a position to own one of those, the vettes not the car for you either.. but it is more practical then either of the ones mentioned.

Biggest consideration for me is that I will be moving to an Italian exotic after this car hopefully.. Learning how to drive a powerful RWD car is essential. The evo gives you a false sense of really knowing how to drive as you get away with everything on the street..

You will be paying gas guzzler charge in the m3.. not in the vette, also didnt mention my insurance is half of what it was in the evo for a car that costs 20K more.. (hmmm lol)

After having a evo that made 100whp over stock... I was definately not happy with the drivability of this car at this level of power... was really fun to drive occasionally, but almost impossible to live with daily.

Originally Posted by doccommando
No offense, but for the same price a lot of us would still be in the Evo.

It's a fast car, no doubt about it, but once I hit $50,000 I'd rather be in an M3 or an S4. Once you hit $70,000 I'd rather be in an RS4, an M5, etc.

But then again, a lot of us would still want to be in an Evo. That's my situation at least.

Last edited by bdking57; Feb 23, 2007 at 12:27 PM.
Old Feb 23, 2007, 12:06 PM
Evolved Member

c6 is a very well engineered car, shoot for the price it is always been compared performance to porshes, n ferraris. ull always notice a big diff between boosted 4 to na v8, but last time i checked we still got fourdoors. lets not foret about fun in snow, and for the price i would rather get a S4. i guess im just awd and boost happy! nice car though, get some sick deep dish black and chrome wheels and save for twin turbos
Old Feb 23, 2007, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

o damn, did i forget the new gtr?
Old Feb 23, 2007, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mrdevo
How much power are you making? 5 or 6 speed?
5 Speed ( shifted into 5th).K&D drop in filter, MBC 23 psi, Fuel pump, Short throw. He was melting rubber all first and second. Its funny how the brain works. When you get out ahead of someone thats frisky on the gas pedal they tend to smash on the gas more and keep melting rubber If he could drive better he would of cought me sooner. Also, it was also 20 deg outside. Yum Yum for the intercooler! I really love the vette too. He really smoked me from a 75 mph punch.
Old Feb 23, 2007, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wasFWDnowAWD
o damn, did i forget the new gtr?
The GTR will be going to 90K here when it comes out with markup.. just wait lol. The z06 is still superior to that car for 5K less, I know It will be a mod powerhouse but it looks weird.. way to much like a box for that price.

The need for 4 seats is ultimately the most important factor in a car purchase. I ride my bicycle to work.. so no problem there.

Last edited by bdking57; Feb 23, 2007 at 12:31 PM.
Old Feb 23, 2007, 12:46 PM
Evolving Member

No offense, but for the same price a lot of us would still be in the Evo.

It's a fast car, no doubt about it, but once I hit $50,000 I'd rather be in an M3 or an S4. Once you hit $70,000 I'd rather be in an RS4, an M5, etc.

But then again, a lot of us would still want to be in an Evo. That's my situation at least.
Im so sick of seeing stupid BS like this on here. The only reaosn anyone would buy an Evo over a Vette is because they have kids and thus need a 4 door. Notice there isint a economy version of the Vette. Nothing else shares its Chassis other than a more expensive Cadillac.

There isint a ralliart version of the Vette. There isint a cheaper less hp model. Its a SPORTSCAR. The evo is a wanna be sports car/rally car.

There are worlds and worlds of difference in the two cars, the Corvette is vastly superior. No one in the world compares Vettes to Evo's. They compare Vettes to Porsche's and Ferrari's and there are reasons for that. The Evo is a lancer, and the Corvette is a Corvette.

For 70k I might want to buy something else as well but probably not German. I personally would take a new GTR over a ZO6....because seeing it compete against the 911 so well in the videos floating around gives me that same good feeling deep in my *****, which I only get when I go to the titty bar.

Nissan wouldnt make a new Skyline, just to have it be slower, and less capable than its predecessors. Yes it will cost alot of money, but people paid that much to get the old ones that were all ****ed up over here before so why wouldnt people pay that much for a new one, with more power, and better brakes, and a better awd system, under warranty, and legal so they could drive it everyday?

People need to pull their heads out of their asses, and stop being so bent, that their precious Evos arent going to be the best awd car on the track anymore.
Old Feb 23, 2007, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

i like C6s and Z06,someday im hoping to get one as a weekend car.
Old Feb 23, 2007, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

agreed that the mod think is played out.. extensive mods = smelly, no warranty, pita car to drive.. already went through that with one evo and definately didnt want to do it again just to keep up with a stock c6. Other considerations are getting pulled over or harrased constantly for driving and import vs. having cops pull you over just to tell you how bad *** your car is lol. Cops like v8s and hate turbo 4 bangers ( who knows why this is true.. but its a requirement for being a cop)

forget to mention.. what really put me over the edge to switch was being able to hang out at laguna seca the last couple years at the Le Mans... There is no car that sounds better then a c6r on the planet! Its just stands out vs all those ferraris and astons. This site has great vids of the c6r in action http://www.badboyvettes.com/main/main.php?m=show&e=002

c5 vs haybusa lol
http://youtube.com/watch?v=mOeGvNTdN...elated&search=

Last edited by bdking57; Feb 23, 2007 at 01:12 PM.
Old Feb 23, 2007, 01:17 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by FastCoEVO
... The evo is a wanna be sports car/rally car.

..... The Evo is a lancer

....because seeing it compete against the 911 so well .......in the videos floating around gives me that same good feeling deep in my *****, which I only get when I go to the titty bar.

OT:

if you own one you will know instead of looking at videos. the evo is no hype, it is the real thing!
btw, congrats on the C6. nice car!
Old Feb 23, 2007, 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

one more C6R video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YK2ysz0yNQ&NR
The sound..so nice.

To get the best sound possible out of the c6, I have gone a route no others have with a complete catless B&B setup. Should have a sound clip soon... its going to be thunderously loud.. there are no mufflers and no cats anywhere, smooth piping all the way through, but the center section uses a sound deadening material wrapped over the pipes to reduce resonance and rasp.
Old Feb 23, 2007, 01:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by FastCoEVO
Im so sick of seeing stupid BS like this on here. The only reaosn anyone would buy an Evo over a Vette is because they have kids and thus need a 4 door. Notice there isint a economy version of the Vette. Nothing else shares its Chassis other than a more expensive Cadillac.

There isint a ralliart version of the Vette. There isint a cheaper less hp model. Its a SPORTSCAR. The evo is a wanna be sports car/rally car.

There are worlds and worlds of difference in the two cars, the Corvette is vastly superior. No one in the world compares Vettes to Evo's. They compare Vettes to Porsche's and Ferrari's and there are reasons for that. The Evo is a lancer, and the Corvette is a Corvette.

For 70k I might want to buy something else as well but probably not German. I personally would take a new GTR over a ZO6....because seeing it compete against the 911 so well in the videos floating around gives me that same good feeling deep in my *****, which I only get when I go to the titty bar.

Nissan wouldnt make a new Skyline, just to have it be slower, and less capable than its predecessors. Yes it will cost alot of money, but people paid that much to get the old ones that were all ****ed up over here before so why wouldnt people pay that much for a new one, with more power, and better brakes, and a better awd system, under warranty, and legal so they could drive it everyday?

People need to pull their heads out of their asses, and stop being so bent, that their precious Evos arent going to be the best awd car on the track anymore.

I don't think you understand my response.

I would never buy a Vette for 3 reasons:

1. I won't buy American
2. If I'm going to be spending upwards of $50k I want a car with luxury.
3. I don't like the way it looks.

Not once did I say the Evo beats the Vette around the track.

Honestly, I'm getting tired of the Vette fanboys who insist there is no other car to buy than the Vette, which is essentially what I'm hearing in this thread.

I bought the Evo over a Vette because I wouldn't be caught dead driving a Vette, but that's just me. I have no problem with other people owning them, but they aren't the be all end all of cars under $100k, which is essentially what some in this thread are making them out to be.
Old Feb 23, 2007, 01:45 PM
Evolved Member

they are if your comparing sports cars... the s4 and m3 are not real sports cars.. compare 2 door 2 seat cars like the s2000, M coupe, porshe cayman s, 911, aston martin, Jaguar etc. If you want a luxurious sports car, buy an aston martin or 911. The c6 (without z51 ) is a direct comparison to the 911 and matches its performance (with much more power) - luxury for 30K less, dont kid yourself thinking your getting similiar performance out of an M3 (which is a luxury sport compact sedan). Not everyone is can fit a 2 seat sport car into their life.

No ones comparing the c6 to a range rover here..so I dont see why we would compare interior appointments of over weight luxury cars to the c6. Your always going to be giving up something... this is why the comparison was even important here, because the evo and vette both are built with the same philosphy in mind on slightly different budgets.

also.. I dont know how one can argue over the looks

1. I won't buy American

Honestly, I'm getting tired of the Vette fanboys who insist there is no other car to buy than the Vette, which is essentially what I'm hearing in this thread.

I bought the Evo over a Vette because I wouldn't be caught dead driving a Vette, but that's just me. I have no problem with other people owning them, but they aren't the be all end all of cars under $100k, which is essentially what some in this thread are making them out to be.

Last edited by bdking57; Feb 23, 2007 at 01:54 PM.
Old Feb 23, 2007, 03:51 PM
Evolving Member

1. I won't buy American

I must have misunderstood you then. I love Corvette's but I have a limit on how much I am going to spend on one. If Im spending 100k. Ill buy an M6. Best of both worlds as far as I am concerned.

But for sub 50k you cant buy a better sportscar. You just cant.

Oh and to the other guy. I own an Evo. It definitly isint the end all be all of motor vehicles fanboi. Drive a vette around a track once or twice, youll see what I mean.

Quick Reply: C6 z51 vs Evo (comparison after the switch)