Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Official BMW E92 M3 Thread. (Link)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2007, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
damn no engine shots!
Old Mar 7, 2007, 01:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Sharkbite2000
You bugging the M's are the ultimate driving machine , i understand if you drive a 325 or 545 then thats bland. I'm going to moroso in my M and drop some 12's all day on pump gas and drive home.
oh i hope you didnt take that wrong! i was not saying they are bland i was trying to imply that its decieving! there not plain at all they just "bling" in a mature fashion.... you drive an e60 m5, you know all about it.

running twelves... is that the sprayed one???
Old Mar 7, 2007, 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

Yea my evo will be gone in 2008 thats for sure.
Im interested to see audi's answer. the future is just so bright
Old Mar 7, 2007, 01:59 PM
Evolving Member

Man, I can already see the grins on the BMW dealers' faces. When the E46 M3 came out, there was a $10,000 markup and fools were paying them. It will probably take 6 months before we can find one at sticker.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 02:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bchang
Man, I can already see the grins on the BMW dealers' faces. When the E46 M3 came out, there was a $10,000 markup and fools were paying them. It will probably take 6 months before we can find one at sticker.
do you have any clue what the mark up was on the m6????

you dont wanna know it will make you throw up!!!!
Old Mar 7, 2007, 03:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by matyb
all m cars are rather bland jus like the evo. it prob. wont change that much cause it looks pretty similar to current 3 series. you have to be in the car and feel and fondel everything then it doesnt feel so plain
Agreed.....I know after 'touching, turning & pushing' the dials/controls inside they will feel like someone put time and effort into making them 'feel' just right ....i was just surprised not to see a little digital display for the temp controls or something with a screen on it....hell the cd player doesnt even have a display on it......I know I know...it'll probably be on the navi screen on the dash....but still.......just my opinion....i would still own one in a heartbeat!
Old Mar 7, 2007, 05:15 PM
Evolving Member

do you have any clue what the mark up was on the m6????

you dont wanna know it will make you throw up!!!!
Not sure what the markup was in your town, but in Boston the markup for the M6 was also around $10,000. The markup went away pretty quickly though, and I believe there is a couple of dealers that have unsold M6s in their inventory. Porsches also carry HUGE markups nowadays, 911 Turbo has a $10k markup, the new GT3 has like a $25k markup.

If I had a lot of money, I'd probably be willing to pay markup for limited edition cars like GT3 RS or Challenge Stradale. Why anybody would be willing to pay $10k to own a production car like a M3 a few months earler than other people is beyond me. Besides, I'd be hesistant to own a first-year model BMW anyways.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 07:48 PM
El Jefe

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

2 or 3 more generations of Bangle and the cars might finally start looking good again.

The bulge in the hood, no matter what the function, is hideous and I can not believe BMW would accept it. The M rocker panel isn't much better. Overall, just too ugly to spend $60k+ on.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 07:50 PM
El Jefe

Originally Posted by bchang
If I had a lot of money, I'd probably be willing to pay markup for limited edition cars like GT3 RS or Challenge Stradale. Why anybody would be willing to pay $10k to own a production car like a M3 a few months earler than other people is beyond me. Besides, I'd be hesistant to own a first-year model BMW anyways.
Special cars don't come around that often for some dealers, so any chance they get to gouge, they take. I recall when the Civic Si came out last winter that many dealers were asking $3000-5000 over list. For a Civic!

Sadly, many people paid it.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 07:53 PM
El Jefe

Also, you may notice this thread is much shorter. Most of it is in the trash, GGevoIX got a short time out, and several others received warnings for dragging the thread into a flame fest.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 08:08 PM
Evolved Member

^^^Nice Car, I got the slower version of that vehicle
Old Mar 7, 2007, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

i cant wait!!!! im in montvale (bmw headquarters) right now for yet more training
and we all have been talking about it non-stop! we have like 5 or 6 e93's and the way the top functions is just unreal! first time i have seen or been around one!

but the new m3 is gonna be banananas, it is suppose to have a v8 derived off the s85 a couple of guys were sayin it is gonna be called the s65 (s85 minus two cyl. =s65) its bmw's way of thinkin so it dosnt make sense wich makes it all the more believable

I might have to pic that new M3 up. But I'm still hooked on the M Coupe. Is BMW really going to stuff the V8 in there?
Old Mar 7, 2007, 08:41 PM

I can't wait to drive one. I'm loving the 335i but a v8 in a 3 series... man that's ****!
Old Mar 8, 2007, 04:25 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVOM3
I might have to pic that new M3 up. But I'm still hooked on the M Coupe. Is BMW really going to stuff the V8 in there?
i would asume its only a matter of time. im at bmw hq right now so theres alot of buzz and hear say goin on.... but it makes sense, it will fit!

they may keep the s54 in the current m coupe and make a short production run with the new v8 ( all guesses, no fact) but i would assume...
Old Mar 8, 2007, 04:30 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by WestSideBilly
Also, you may notice this thread is much shorter. Most of it is in the trash, GGevoIX got a short time out, and several others received warnings for dragging the thread into a flame fest.
i just noticed... i was wondering why the thread was not progressing??? i figured it would have been alot longer but there was a time that we moved backwards i guess...

Quick Reply: Official BMW E92 M3 Thread. (Link)