Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

World's ONLY Turbocharged V10 M5!!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2007, 09:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i've seen better work on civics. That leather looks like s**t, I would have cloth seats
Old Mar 23, 2007, 01:46 PM
Account Disabled

hahahha @ the haters that are putting this car down..when they own galants and lancers b ahahah shut the hell up...looks better than any galant and lancer...

however, looks like hack job on the turbokit...and yeah 350K could buy nicer things...but seriously the people putting it down ...shut the hell up
Old Mar 23, 2007, 09:54 PM

bleh, not my cup of tea. definitely not worth 350K. i rather have a black F430 and still have leftover cash.

how much boost is it running with that high compression ratio?
Old Mar 23, 2007, 10:22 PM
El Jefe

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
Originally Posted by gatorade
hahahha @ the haters that are putting this car down..when they own galants and lancers b ahahah shut the hell up...looks better than any galant and lancer...

however, looks like hack job on the turbokit...and yeah 350K could buy nicer things...but seriously the people putting it down ...shut the hell up
I generally respect the work people put into cars, even if I don't agree with it, but this car is trash - which is saying a lot given that the start point is an amazing vehicle. The interior work seems to be ok (if you like alligator skin seats), and the wheels and other styling pieces are subjective, but the mechanical work is pure crap. I know high school kids who can weld better than that, and no self respecting "tuner" would use duct tape to hang an oil line 3" off the ground with no protection whatsoever.

I do feel sorry for whoever forks over the money for that car.
Old Mar 24, 2007, 12:41 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by WestSideBilly
I generally respect the work people put into cars, even if I don't agree with it, but this car is trash - which is saying a lot given that the start point is an amazing vehicle. The interior work seems to be ok (if you like alligator skin seats), and the wheels and other styling pieces are subjective, but the mechanical work is pure crap. I know high school kids who can weld better than that, and no self respecting "tuner" would use duct tape to hang an oil line 3" off the ground with no protection whatsoever.

I forgot to mention the interior. The interior did make me shiat out a big poopy. However, the mechanical work is ***. The overall appearance, yes it's amazing.
Old Mar 24, 2007, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by shupadupa
Did anyone else notice the Turbos are mounted near the rear diff? Like someone said, hella long lag and travel. I am thoroughly confused on where the routing of the intake charge is going (both front and rear)?

-Jon
5 liter motor with twin turbos, lag is not going to be an issue unless they are gt42r's, think about how many people on evom deal with a 35R on a 2 liter....

Scorke
Old Mar 24, 2007, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by matyb
they hacked that car to pieces!!! the rear defuser and all under tray areo parts are so important to the e60 m5 you would be suprised! there is like a 20 kw at the wheel loss at 100mph or so with these pieces missing (or hacked up)

im so mad they destroyed that car!
Where are you getting these facts from?

I'd love to know how aero pieces cause a decrease in the power delivered to the rear wheels..... Not to mention the fact that those turbos might have produce a slight increase in the power output.

Scorke
Old Mar 24, 2007, 12:52 PM
Evolving Member

is that the owner of the vehicle?
Old Mar 24, 2007, 04:22 PM
El Jefe

Originally Posted by scorke
5 liter motor with twin turbos, lag is not going to be an issue unless they are gt42r's, think about how many people on evom deal with a 35R on a 2 liter....

Scorke
This is not a normal turbo setup.

The turbos are about 10 feet from the outlet on the cylinder head, with the compressed intake air going another 12 feet back to the intercooler, then to the intake. They say they use small turbos which spool fast, but it takes time for air to move. And given their claims of 800+ horsepower, the turbos are at least a reasonable size - maybe a GT28-32 comparable?
Old Mar 24, 2007, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
In another year it will get better.
Old Mar 24, 2007, 04:25 PM
El Jefe

Is that how long the turbos take to spool?

Old Mar 24, 2007, 04:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WestSideBilly

Look how this shop put my fuel line, things I guess you have do deal with.

Old Mar 24, 2007, 04:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Sharkbite2000
In another year it will get better.
whats up sharkbite... i was wondering where you were this thread has been goin for a day or two now
Old Mar 24, 2007, 04:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by matyb
whats up sharkbite... i was wondering where you were this thread has been goin for a day or two now
Dealing with my car they finally picked it up and it's on it's way to AMS finally!
Old Mar 24, 2007, 04:33 PM
El Jefe

Originally Posted by Sharkbite2000
Look how this shop put my fuel line, things I guess you have do deal with.

First, I'm assuming you didn't pay an exorbitant amount of money to have that fuel line run.

Second, a tie strap is at least marginally better than duct tape.

If they had just run it alongside the block, it would be okay. Well, that and use a real attachment system instead of the 4 cent tie strap. The BMW should be much more professionally done given their asking price.

Quick Reply: World's ONLY Turbocharged V10 M5!!!