Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

What car should i get next???

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2007, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by thaigleshmk
Vette man.. No doubt about that .
I agree. For the money, C5Z performance is hard to beat.

Another option might be a FRC Corvette - same weight as a Z, but about 10k cheaper.
Old May 16, 2007, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BOZZ
Got a Top Secret Gold widebody supra for you to consider if you like.........

If interested, please let me know, will send you pics and specs on this 750whp head turner....

thanks

Bozz Power Tuning
let me guess, this is High end's car right? the replica top secret vehicle. I saw it in person down in socal when i used to live there a few months ago. Nice car, just wouldnt be suitable for DD, i'd be **** about a fly hitting my car
Old May 16, 2007, 02:03 PM

You my friend need to do a little more homework on your cars and why you want them before you actually make a move. You left out some of the best cars and if you knew much about MKIV Supras you would know that the modded ones drop while the stock ones keep climbing in price. I am friends with Steve Theodore the creator of the Supra Hard Top Registry and he had a 1994 HT TT Converted to Single turbo. He sold the car for a z06, and is now selling the z06. When it comes down to it you need to see what you value most and find the car that has the most of what you want, and learn to live with what you don't want. I don't even understand why or how you have "pimp" cruising wit RAMzzz cars on the list when your'e comming from an EVO. MKIV Supra also is very challenging to keep up with once the mileage hits, reliable or not. Modding a Supra and keeping everything going and in the proper shape is a chore, it is not cheap. Also a BPU Supra isn't that fast, I'm sure you've heard the term dyno queen right? You must take into account that higher mileage forced induction cars are not cheap to keep up with, between vac lines, seals, gaskets, hoses etc etc. Replacing snails and other equiptment is not cheap. And if you think you will find a low low mileage Supra for that price range you may want to think again depending on if you are going for an HT or not.

Personally I think you are too all over the place to know what you really want. You have E320 mixed with Single turbo Supra and by the way, single turbo supra is far greater than BPU. You must first figure out what you need. Then go from there. If I were you and could afford it I would find myself an MKIV Supra and keep it forever.
Old May 16, 2007, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

Get a Terminator,Supra,FD RX7 those are really nice cars. E30 M3's are so awesome as well, and are going to be very valuable one day.
Old May 17, 2007, 12:24 PM
Evolving Member

you guys are novices.

turbo civic is the only way to go.
Old May 17, 2007, 12:57 PM
Evolving Member

save up for another year and get the base skyline
Old May 17, 2007, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

If you're going to get the car at the end of this year, then I'd lay my options out like this... TL S, Legacy Spec B, IS350.

Out of those, I've driven the SpecB. NICE! With a few suspenion mods, it'll get rid of the slight boat-like cornering. It's the most mod acceptable out of the bunch; which includes now factory available warrantied performance upgrades from SPT. Great DD! But that new TL S... OMG! Totally Hawt!
Old May 17, 2007, 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

Why don't you just wait for a year or so and get the R35 GTR
Old May 17, 2007, 01:37 PM

I personally owned an 03 zo6 and loved the car. I drove the car a lot!! Did about 15 to 20 track events a season. I owned the car for 2 years and when I sold it I got what I paid for it!! I did not have any issues with the car...All the car wanted to do is run!!!!

They are great cars and you will get better gas mileage than the EVO!

I now own an EVO and I am loving this car

Man!!! What ever you buy just make sure to DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!!!!!

Last edited by zazzopizza; May 17, 2007 at 01:40 PM.
Old May 17, 2007, 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by readrs13
save up for another year and get the base skyline
Isn't the base Skyline going to be $60k+? If so, that'll take some hardcore saving.
Old May 17, 2007, 09:46 PM
Evolved Member

Get a early 90's NSX or LS1 FD.
Old May 18, 2007, 12:16 AM

Go for the MKIV Supra TT
Old May 18, 2007, 04:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RichEd223
You my friend need to do a little more homework on your cars and why you want them before you actually make a move. You left out some of the best cars and if you knew much about MKIV Supras you would know that the modded ones drop while the stock ones keep climbing in price. I am friends with Steve Theodore the creator of the Supra Hard Top Registry and he had a 1994 HT TT Converted to Single turbo. He sold the car for a z06, and is now selling the z06. When it comes down to it you need to see what you value most and find the car that has the most of what you want, and learn to live with what you don't want. I don't even understand why or how you have "pimp" cruising wit RAMzzz cars on the list when your'e comming from an EVO. MKIV Supra also is very challenging to keep up with once the mileage hits, reliable or not. Modding a Supra and keeping everything going and in the proper shape is a chore, it is not cheap. Also a BPU Supra isn't that fast, I'm sure you've heard the term dyno queen right? You must take into account that higher mileage forced induction cars are not cheap to keep up with, between vac lines, seals, gaskets, hoses etc etc. Replacing snails and other equiptment is not cheap. And if you think you will find a low low mileage Supra for that price range you may want to think again depending on if you are going for an HT or not.

Personally I think you are too all over the place to know what you really want. You have E320 mixed with Single turbo Supra and by the way, single turbo supra is far greater than BPU. You must first figure out what you need. Then go from there. If I were you and could afford it I would find myself an MKIV Supra and keep it forever.
yea exactly...IF you were me, the reason i have many different types of cars is because i dont only want a sportscar. By the way thanks for stating the obvious in paragraph form. I am fully aware the supra will hold value better than all of those cars. Im not buying cars for value, im buying it for my enjoyment and liking. It's like me rather owning an Evo over an NSX. PS: there are plenty of 30k'ish supras all over the country(as being a member of Supraforums) im aware of this. Im not saying im gonna get a 25k mile 97 TT for that price, but i can get a supra in good shape for that price. This is another reason why there are choices aside the supra...30k for a 10yr old car is not something i want to do at this point. I would for sure want the supra at that price if i could afford to have another car next to it in my garage.