Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

BMW 335I making extra 100whp/126lbtq with a tune

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2007, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by VR4orceCJ
Noize,
Understand your decision... I'm 35 and looking to pickup a 335xi coupe (yeah they announced it for the 08MY) as a daily driver and of course keep the Evo as a race car. Good luck with the 335i I have a friend that just picked up his 335i convertible a couple days ago (110miles on it now) and he says it is killing him to keep the revs below 4200rpm for the first 1200miles. Enjoy...
Nice choice CJ. It looks like the Coupe XI will be the ultimate GT car sort of speak. I almost order(preorder one) but at the time I sold my Evo and was waiting for the BMWW for 4 months and did not want to wait a single extra minute.

The XI is going to be a very competitive car because the regular coupe does not have a LSD and it cost roughly $2000 to put one in so the AWD will pay off itself when compared to the coupe RWD with LSD.

Keep us updated.

Carlos
Old Aug 4, 2007, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

I was talking to a 335i owner who used to have an Evo, and he said that BMW ECU is "locked" and that timing and fuel can't be messed with too much...just boost. Have no idea if this is true, but he was familiar with both the XEDE (AA) and Procede (Vishnu)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

^^^^They are much harder to unlock than a Japanese car but they are actually breakable.

Carlos
Old Aug 4, 2007, 07:19 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
I was talking to a 335i owner who used to have an Evo, and he said that BMW ECU is "locked" and that timing and fuel can't be messed with too much...just boost. Have no idea if this is true, but he was familiar with both the XEDE (AA) and Procede (Vishnu)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

^^^^They are much harder to unlock than a Japanese car but they are actually breakable.

Carlos

I figured it was just a matter of time.

Carlos, are you logging your car?

The 335i, that is
Old Aug 4, 2007, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by atlvalet
I figured it was just a matter of time.

Carlos, are you logging your car?

The 335i, that is
I haven't mess around much with it, I have a full turbo back on order that should arrive here next week. It is a Ultimate Racing Turbo back with high flow cats and bigger mufflers with 4" tips. The Vishnu Porcede is already in but I am waiting for the parts to arrive so that I can upgrade the software for all the bolt ons at once.

I am more focuse now on the car on my sig, it is ready and just waiting for the tune.

Carlos
Old Aug 4, 2007, 07:43 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
NOIZE,

Congrats on your sedan Sport package. It is difficult to explain to any other Evo owner how competitive the BMW is unless you actually go for a tes drive or someone gives you a ride.

It is not a surprise to me to see so many Evo owners choosing the BMW as an alternative car to replace the Evo. Don't get me wrong, who does not like a Evo, it is a raw performance car but for those that test drove a 335i they were sold on the first test drive.

This car is so addicting that now many tuners are just buying the cars straight up, plain and simple(ultimate racing has one, Vividracing has one, Mynes performance has one,Vishnu has one and I am usre there are other tuners out there with one.

Anyways, I highly suggest that whenever you are tired of your Evo for X or Y reason to please go and take a 335i for a test drive, you will be hard pressed to find a car like that with soo many pros.

Carlos

I agree. It had me at "hello". What a freaking wicked car.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can not wait to get mine. If the my EVO does not sell soon i will be tempted to just tear it down to stock and go trade it in. I am really not wanting to do that but it may even come out better for me money wise. I am wanting the 335i coupe 6-speed montego blue with black leatherette and of course the sport package.