Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

stock srt4 vs stock evo viii

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2007, 10:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Evo8yurAMG
WHOA WHOA WHOA i never said i fear them...i just said they were lighter and that helps them out since they are lower HP...

i was bieng facetious in saying your sig listed all your mods...i know how fast evos run...i also know that there are some serious SRT-4's in San Diego that would eat my Evo alive...somewhere in the world of 450 to 500whp i know of 2 specifically.

and yes it is not hard to beat a "stock SRT-4" especially when you are running 12.1

like i said above. i beat them when i was stock. so saying i beat a stock srt with my setup now is 100000% not fair. we was talking about stock vs stock. and i never siad you in general was fearing an srt. i just ment ingeneral. people seem to think there evo/sti fast. there not.

and 12.1 with a 1.81 60 at 116.78. its faster then 12.1 just needs a driver to do it.
Old Jun 9, 2007, 10:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evodan2004
like i said above. i beat them when i was stock. so saying i beat a stock srt with my setup now is 100000% not fair. we was talking about stock vs stock. and i never siad you in general was fearing an srt. i just ment ingeneral. people seem to think there evo/sti fast. there not.

and 12.1 with a 1.81 60 at 116.78. its faster then 12.1 just needs a driver to do it.
ahhh i see what your saying about the fear thing...point understood.
as for the 12.1 thing...thats great your car would be faster if you had someone else to drive it. im sure that is the case with alot of the people on this site...including myself
Old Jun 10, 2007, 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

we are not pros here. some are better then others. in my eyes there are to types of people when it comes to there times. the ones that say its the track. and blame it on everything other then them selfs or the other type who admits there at fault and need more pratice. for me to see my car run 12.1 at 116.78 with my 60foot i am happy. i know my car has more in it and i know as i inprove so will my times. one time i had a 1.64 60 foot. but i missed 3rd and shut it down. no need to beet on the car when i mess up. never saw better then 1.79. lol. owell. theres always the next day right. go get em.
Old Jun 10, 2007, 03:57 PM

about two weeks ago an SRT4 rolled up next to me, he rolled down his window, i rolled down mine. he asked if i wanted to go, i said sure. the light turned green, all four of my tires stuck like they always do and he was left at the line trying to obtain any traction he could. we get to the next light and he asks me if i want to go from a roll, in second gear at 40mph...i said sure. so we get up to 40mph, he honks 3 times. we're off and he drops back to the mid point of my car, i shift to third and game over baby.....
Old Jun 10, 2007, 04:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by stretch565
about two weeks ago an SRT4 rolled up next to me, he rolled down his window, i rolled down mine. he asked if i wanted to go, i said sure. the light turned green, all four of my tires stuck like they always do and he was left at the line trying to obtain any traction he could. we get to the next light and he asks me if i want to go from a roll, in second gear at 40mph...i said sure. so we get up to 40mph, he honks 3 times. we're off and he drops back to the mid point of my car, i shift to third and game over baby.....

stock to stock???? nice kill i mean win.
Old Jun 10, 2007, 04:08 PM

ya totally stock, three days before i put my new stuff in
Old Jun 10, 2007, 04:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Dnealy
I think the big "Fear" comes form the fact that they all wanna go from a roll, "on a closed course without a doubt". From a dig they are nothing that my truck cant smoke, but from a roll with a few mods can be a little bit frisky. Especially my buddies with a 50 trim on it, its a hand full.

(but might i add that even with a 50 trim the car is still useless, by the time they catch traction which seems like never the other person has already checked out and hit the brakes. With a big turbo the cars can pull hard on a highway pull but the fun aspect of driving that alot of evo owners go for it nearly never attainable with a srt.)

As my friend says, "Racing from a roll isn't drag racing, its driving next to someone." And I couldnt agree more. Evo > SRT4. Not to say they aren't fast cars, they just cant do it from a stop. Remember guys, rolls are for dinner, not racing.
Old Jun 10, 2007, 10:33 PM

From personal experience owning both cars I ran my buddys Evo 8 last week. Long story short my fuel is ****ed up seeing as how i only dyno'd 217/270 to the wheels on a mustang dyno when I should be a lot higher. From a 40mph roll he got about a car but in 4th i had been catching up. He ran 12.8 at the track constantly and put down 294whp or something like that.
Old Jun 10, 2007, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by stretch565

One of the guys here in Chicago was cutting 1.67 and 1.7 60 foots on stock clutch last week. Sure he had slicks and TCS. But he was getting out of the hole faster than some Evo's. No doubt the evo on the street is just insane.
Old Jun 11, 2007, 08:51 AM
Evolving Member

In my opinion the SRT boys should talk to the STI boys and go screw each other because those cars stock, will never be as fast as a stock EVO

EVO POWER!!!!!

ALL HAIL KING EVO X!!!!!!
Old Jun 11, 2007, 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

Not sure what your talking about, the local STi guys around me are pretty cool and we have mutual respect for each other. As far as the SRT owners, well they can go join the but pirates in the *** talking Mustang crowd.

From a roll it will depend on the driver.
Old Jun 11, 2007, 09:05 AM
Evolving Member

dont know what your talking about but ALL the STI guys in my small corner of the earth are jealous dumb***** and the mustang /goat/STI/SRT/honduh morons are jealous of my car......the only really kinda cool guys is my cousin that has a awesome supra and a couple of other guys that have vettes.......but come to think of it maybe all the other guys hate us cuz we like to take their money
Old Jun 11, 2007, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

Stock to stock I smoked an SRT-4 on the way home from the beach with 5 people and all our luggage in the car from a 50mph roll. There are some quick ones out there but stock to stock they dont stand a chance.
Old Jun 11, 2007, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Nez136
Not sure what your talking about, the local STi guys around me are pretty cool and we have mutual respect for each other. As far as the SRT owners, well they can go join the but pirates in the *** talking Mustang crowd.

From a roll it will depend on the driver.
yeah i never get any problems with STi guys...they usually dont want to race me...if they do after the race they always give the wave with a big smile... there are a ton of evo drivers in SD that wont even wave anymore...or say whats up...they just speed off like we are against each other or something. SRT-4's never mess around with me if they are stock...but if they have some aftermarket they are all about it.

oh and BTW i have only lost to one STi and when the dark tinted window came down it was a cute girl... we ended up "hanging out" for a bit... it was kinda cool

Last edited by Evo8yurAMG; Jun 11, 2007 at 09:21 AM.
Old Jun 11, 2007, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

Take their money? wtf?