Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

05 RSX Type S or 06 Civic Si?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2007, 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd go for an F-body ls1. Or a cobra.
Old Jun 14, 2007, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

If you're worried about insurance buy yourself a 94 Accord and do a H22 swap thats what my boy did and he whooped an '07 SI and he can definately can take the Type-S cause the SI is proven faster. But like alot of ppl are sayin the Mazdaspeed 3 is a good way to go.
Old Jun 14, 2007, 09:07 PM

I would never get an american car though. im kinda hazy on the mazdas w/ their rotary engines and i hate the look of the mazda 3s. im considering an si ill do more reasearch into that. car. lol and yea my parents dont want me to get an old car (fyi i pay for it) for some reason. my friend is getting a prelude thogh w/ the h22.
Old Jun 14, 2007, 09:11 PM
Evolved Member

man type s all day... trust me on this one... i just ripped the motor out... it was all worth it... they are not the same speed... plus it's acura dude... lmao... not tha ti makes a difference haha... but it sound's better i have a type s... instead of i have a civic... lmao..
Old Jun 14, 2007, 09:28 PM

it's a tough choice between the RSX Type S (DC5) and the Civic Si (FG2). I looked at the two recently, being that I only have a Lancer (non evo) and as I was doing research for me the insurance was considerably cheaper on the FG2. I like the whole JDM look so I would go for either the DC5 (Integra Type R) or the FOUR door FG2 (JDM Civic Type R). Anyways for the matter of practicality the four door Si is the way to go. Yea the digital speedometer kinda sucks, being that it lags, but it doesn't matter how fast your going if your a true driver you can feel it (i.e. when entering a turn) in fact you don't even look at the speed, why do you think that on most high performance japaneses vehicles they put the tach in the center of the cluster (i.e. Evolution, STI), all that matters is the tachometer and that is not digital. The shifter should feel the same as an DC5 seeing as how it's the same shift knob, In actuality to me the DC5 is just a fancy Civic with nice leather seats and a better warranty with a badass motor. I mean Acura discontinued it because it's not fancy enough for the image they want to portray so saying by saying it's an Acura "big whoop" one could make the argument that any Acura (with the exception of the 3G TL and the 2G MDX) is just a fancy Honda.

RSX = Honda Integra
TSX = Honda Accord (non V6)
TL= built in Ohio
RL = Honda Legend

I mean no power seats, no steering wheel controls, no HID, no NAVI (in the US). The DC5 is a cool car though but it makes more sense to get the FG2 unless you get a terrific deal on the DC5. To each his own.

http://www.mugen-power.com/street/CI...E-R/index.html
something to wet your appetite a JDM conversion would be sick.

Last edited by just _a_oz; Jun 14, 2007 at 09:42 PM.
Old Jun 14, 2007, 09:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
This is sort of the 5.7 Liter GM used on the Pontiac Trans Am and the Camaro Z28 sort of speak. You are talking about one powerplant shared in two bodystyles, again kind of like the LS2 on the Pontiac GTO and the Vette C6.

Looks for clues like insurance, like Front LSD options, resale value, fuel mileage and other little things that would make one car more desirable than the other.

Either way I think they are both bad a$$ cars.

Carlos
Old Jun 14, 2007, 09:49 PM
Evolved Member

i would get the civic because the insurance is cheaper, and less likely to get it stolen.....
Old Jun 14, 2007, 09:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVOx2008
civic engine sound.... all you hear from down the street with a aftermarket exhaust...RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIICCCEEEE

that is not true. the only thing i had on my car was an AEM short ram air intake.
and i couldn't hear the exhaust(stock) when under hard acceleration. honestly even my mostly stock evo cant even make a sound like that.

they didn't have a 4door si back then but i still like the 2 door better.
Old Jun 14, 2007, 11:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tripperfx3
lol He was also driving like a maniac and crossing the double yellows... But seriously the new Si is supposed to be the best handling FWD car since the DC2 Integra. Also if your thinking of the new Si or RSX look at the Mazdaspeed 3. Its able to run low 13's stock and its supposed to handle pretty well.
Are u on crack? a fwd Mazdaspeed3 running low 13's? The best I've ever seen is 14 flat (Car and Driver).

About the Si being the best fwd handling car, haven't you forgot about the Mini Cooper S? It definetely outhandles any other fwd, period.
Old Jun 14, 2007, 11:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ExplosEvo
I wasnt being literal with 50 hp for every lil mod. However he looks at all the research and what not with everything that comes out, and he supposedly gained like 30 hp and 50 tq to the wheels with his intake. Also a ECU flash is supposed to give like 50+ hp to the wheels. Not sure of the exact numbers, but its pretty ridiculous. I can see where its very possible for these type of gains because they had to work to limit the boost to where the car isnt just torque steering the car off the road in 1st and 2nd. His does break the wheels loose quite easily in third gear. I keep telling him hes going to kill himself when it rains. I think its too much power for front drive.
Sure, 30whp/50tq with just an intake
Old Jun 15, 2007, 03:10 AM
Evolved Member

SI....^^^speed 3 is faster than a rx-8 i heard too...lol correct me if im wrong..and a speed 3 can out handle a wrx if not mistakin according to sport compact car. around a track that is...not sure about the 1/4 mile though...that too i think?
Old Jun 15, 2007, 09:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AznX TL
i would get the civic because the insurance is cheaper, and less likely to get it stolen.....
What? a civic is more likely to get stolen....people love stealing those things
Old Jun 15, 2007, 04:18 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by TunerES
I would never get an american car though. im kinda hazy on the mazdas w/ their rotary engines and i hate the look of the mazda 3s. im considering an si ill do more reasearch into that. car. lol and yea my parents dont want me to get an old car (fyi i pay for it) for some reason. my friend is getting a prelude thogh w/ the h22.
Only the the RX-7 and RX-8 have rotory engines.
Old Jun 15, 2007, 04:22 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by izabran
man type s all day... trust me on this one... i just ripped the motor out... it was all worth it... they are not the same speed... plus it's acura dude... lmao... not tha ti makes a difference haha... but it sound's better i have a type s... instead of i have a civic... lmao..
The new Si is faster than the RSX Type-S. If you are about performance you will get the Si. I don't really care what this guy gets. It's up to him to do some research and choose for himself.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 11:03 AM
Evolving Member

my daily driver is a 06 si i love it i have the coupe with all the hfp body accesories and 18's, i have ashort shifter and it isnt sloppy at all and the interior is jsut as nice as an evo, i dont know what all of you are talking about about them feeling cheap. the si isnt hard to work on you can get to everything from underneath, the only problem is the rear struts go bad but will be replaced with no argument, and my car sounds extremly good with a comptech exhaust i have no dissapointments and i get 32mpg

Quick Reply: 05 RSX Type S or 06 Civic Si?