Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

05 RSX Type S or 06 Civic Si?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2007, 01:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd only get the four door si, it's aftermarket will be much better than the coupe's in the longrun. If you really want a 2 door, get the rsx.
Old Jun 21, 2007, 01:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ExplosEvo
My roommate has the Mazdaspeed 3. Im sure im crazy, but it FEELS faster than my Evo. Could just be the difference in driving my car and riding along with him. In any case its a helluva nice car, and I would take it over the civic or RSX for sure. Oh yeah, and it responds to mods REALLY well. You get like 50 HP from every little thing you do. Sounds really nice too. With an intake its got really cool turbo noise, and then the stock exhaust sounds pretty mean too.

You are as absurd as you can get. Your sources of info are as erroneous as false, your comments are far from reality.

Please, I repeat, please show me and show this forum that you can get "50hp for every little thing that you do". You might probably get 50hp (crank) with a custom tune but that is about it.

Carlos
Old Jun 22, 2007, 01:10 AM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Vigo
The new Si is faster than the RSX Type-S. If you are about performance you will get the Si. I don't really care what this guy gets. It's up to him to do some research and choose for himself.
No it's not.

Plus how can the rest of you guys say this:

looks better than this:

The Type-S is aerodynamically shape better. The Si shape is sooo bad. The back looks horrible, like a huge bubble ***. The headlight design is much sleeker and better looking to the aweful shape of the Si. The Type-S front grill is much better suited for the shape, the mesh inserts are much nicer than generic plastic front bars for the Si. The lower grill of the Type-S is much better, it looks well connected, giving it a great presence and stane. The Si huge lower grills looks retarded, like somethings missing, black bars again? C'mon, this is 2007 were is the freaking mesh grill a la GTi or a clean look like a the Type-S? Looks like honda stuck a portable cooler in the front. If you notice a trend with cars today, they try to match the head lights and tail lights to approximate shape, looks good, giving the car an all around nice shape, well looks like honda forgot what "shape" was becauase the Si tails share no shape (not even ) close to the headlights, but atleast Honda Japan got it right with the Type-S, the tail light shape (although not exact) is pretty on point with the head light shape. The rims on the Type-S look better too. Who design the Si rims? So generic? dual multispoke? Genius, , my 2004 ralliart comes with dual multispoke, why does the 07 Si come with it too? C'mon HoA, be different/orignal. The spoiler? God that is the ugliest looking spoiler ever, ewwwww. It looks like an after thought... "hey, lets give the Si a spoiler". The Type-s small intergrated trunk spoiler is very nice, sleek touch, not silly looking like the Si after thought. Plus the Type-R spoiler on the Type-S looks damn damn good. If you put a high spoiler on the Si (god forbid), that **** will tip over, weight to stance ratio.

I could go on, but just incase you didnt get it, the Type-S is a hell of alot better looking than Si and it is faster too. Lets not even bring up interior.

C'mon this is a no brainer, get the type-s and be done with it. Its sooo much more car than the Si, MUCH MORE.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 01:38 AM
Evolving Member

buy my srt-4
Old Jun 22, 2007, 02:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOL2003
grammer, spelling, failure.....get a spec v.....04 to 06
grammar

Si ftw. LSD ftw.

but i agree the best FWD out there right now is the ms3...get it if u absolutely want a FWD car.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 06:33 AM
Evolved Member

EG with a k20 swap. intake, exhaust, cams, and k pro,----250whp
Old Jun 22, 2007, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
have they fixed the motor mount issues on the mazdaspeed 3 yet?
Old Jun 22, 2007, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

Yes, the SI is theoretcially faster, but only if you drive around with the pedal mashed to the floor and who wants to that all day? Get something with some torque.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 10:42 AM
Evolving Member

love my mazdaspeed 3. Nice car u should look into. Extremely comfotable. Alot of torque steer though! Car pulls hard. Nothing a 15 min swap of the lower engine mount cant fix. Mazspeed intake ca carb legal and sounds nice. They make alot of power with bolt ons because it has 2 cats and like 3 resonators and a muffler!
Old Jun 23, 2007, 01:13 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Arithmetic
No it's not.

looks better than this:

The Type-S is aerodynamically shape better. The Si shape is sooo bad. The back looks horrible, like a huge bubble ***. The headlight design is much sleeker and better looking to the aweful shape of the Si. The Type-S front grill is much better suited for the shape, the mesh inserts are much nicer than generic plastic front bars for the Si. The lower grill of the Type-S is much better, it looks well connected, giving it a great presence and stane. The Si huge lower grills looks retarded, like somethings missing, black bars again? C'mon, this is 2007 were is the freaking mesh grill a la GTi or a clean look like a the Type-S? Looks like honda stuck a portable cooler in the front. If you notice a trend with cars today, they try to match the head lights and tail lights to approximate shape, looks good, giving the car an all around nice shape, well looks like honda forgot what "shape" was becauase the Si tails share no shape (not even ) close to the headlights, but atleast Honda Japan got it right with the Type-S, the tail light shape (although not exact) is pretty on point with the head light shape. The rims on the Type-S look better too. Who design the Si rims? So generic? dual multispoke? Genius, , my 2004 ralliart comes with dual multispoke, why does the 07 Si come with it too? C'mon HoA, be different/orignal. The spoiler? God that is the ugliest looking spoiler ever, ewwwww. It looks like an after thought... "hey, lets give the Si a spoiler". The Type-s small intergrated trunk spoiler is very nice, sleek touch, not silly looking like the Si after thought. Plus the Type-R spoiler on the Type-S looks damn damn good. If you put a high spoiler on the Si (god forbid), that **** will tip over, weight to stance ratio.

I could go on, but just incase you didnt get it, the Type-S is a hell of alot better looking than Si and it is faster too. Lets not even bring up interior.

C'mon this is a no brainer, get the type-s and be done with it. Its sooo much more car than the Si, MUCH MORE.
Looks like someone forgot to take their mood stabilizers.

Last edited by Vigo; Jun 23, 2007 at 01:17 AM.
Old Jun 23, 2007, 05:47 AM
Evolved Member

This is how I'm going to sum it up for you.

Civic Si: Has *****, no guts.
Type-S: Has ***** and the guts to blow its competition away.

Your choice.
Old Jun 24, 2007, 04:23 AM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Vigo
Looks like someone forgot to take their mood stabilizers.
Uh, no.

Plus, I really don't see how a car (Si) that has less hp, less trq and weights more is faster. Am I miss something,

05-06 Type-S FTW!
Old Jun 24, 2007, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Arithmetic
No it's not.

looks better than this:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Now that I can see them side by side, I'd take the more futuristic Si. RSXs are well-balanced cars but they score low in looks.