Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

STI: test mule or the real McCoy?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2007, 06:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like a BMW M Coupe, aka "The Shoe". Ick!
Old Sep 11, 2007, 11:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://www.carview.co.jp/fms/2007/ta...pt/default.asp
Old Sep 12, 2007, 06:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jetmn
Looks like a BMW M Coupe, aka "The Shoe". Ick!

Ding! Somebody else sees a shoe when they look at it too!!
Old Sep 12, 2007, 05:37 PM
Evolving Member

[/QUOTE]
Old Sep 12, 2007, 05:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by X_Dragon

sti > win
Looks like someone doesn't know signs

STI /= Win
Old Sep 13, 2007, 04:04 PM

Those new pictures don't look half bad actually, its starting to grow on me, but I'd still rather have an Evo X =]
Old Sep 13, 2007, 07:41 PM
Evolving Member

Still horrible, the back end is disgusting.
Old Sep 13, 2007, 08:18 PM
Evolving Member

At least it has a rear wiper now. The engine specs are for the 2.0L with a twin scroll. I wonder what the 2.5 will do in the U.S. market.

Last edited by mofoSTI; Sep 13, 2007 at 08:23 PM.
Old Sep 13, 2007, 08:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by X_Dragon
when has the sti been a sports car, even the evo for that matter
let me rephrase that. sports sedan, there, that better???
Old Sep 14, 2007, 04:34 PM

dont like it at all
Old Sep 14, 2007, 07:29 PM
Account Disabled

sti doesn't look that bad...
Old Sep 14, 2007, 08:16 PM
Evolving Member

I owned a M Coupe before my Evo IX. I have never had a regret for selling a car before my M Coupe.. I regret that sale badly. I loved that car, and I couldn't believe how many positive comments that I got with it. The old M Coupe was a bad *** hooligan mobile and we could give a rip if some convertible driver thought we were ugly... who're the ones getting the comments and attention again???

Now the new STI looks vaguely similar, but not really. It does look okay, but I sure hope that Mitsubishi makes the Sportback Evo. Till I hear some word, I'm going to hold on to my old WRX wagon. (That's right, we drive both cars. )
Old Sep 14, 2007, 10:00 PM
Evolved Member

Marcus Grönholm to retire
http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl...4009/1531/FREE

BP-Ford World Rally Championship driver and series points leader Marcus Grönholm announced that he will retire from driving at season's end. The 39-year-old Finn has been contemplating his future for several months. Grönholm won the WRC title while driving for Peugeot in 2000 and '02.

"This has been an incredibly hard decision for me to make," said Grönholm. "Rallying has been my life for so many years and when the Monte Carlo Rally comes round in January to start next year's championship, it will feel strange not to be there. But the time is right for me to finish now. I wanted to stop while I still had the speed to win rallies. I didn't want to leave the decision too late so that I wasn't capable of winning any longer.

"This will allow me to spend more time with my wife and three children. They have fully supported me all the way through my career and I would like to thank them for that. I could not have achieved what I have without their encouragement. Now this decision is made, I want to concentrate on the remaining five rounds of the season. We lead both the drivers' and manufacturers' championships and I would like nothing more than to end my career with another title." he said.

Grönholm arrived late in the WRC. After winning the Finnish championship four times, he made the breakthrough into the WRC in 1999 but did not complete a full season until the following year, when he won his first title. He and co-driver Timo Rautiainen, 42, have scored 30 career wins so far, second on the all-time pairings list, with five of them coming this season. Rautiainen also announced that he will retire. "To be honest, I can not imagine continuing my co-driver career with anyone else," he said.

Ford of Europe President and CEO John Fleming acknowledged Grönholm's contribution to Ford's recent WRC successes. "Marcus has done a superb job for the team and it is no coincidence that his arrival in 2006, coupled with the introduction of the new Focus RS World Rally Car, signaled the start of one of our most successful periods in the WRC," Fleming said. "We greatly appreciate his contribution during the last two seasons and will miss him and the inspiration he brings to the team."

BP-Ford team director Malcolm Wilson also paid tribute to Grönholm. "I'm sorry that he is going to stop but I fully respect his decision," he said. "His driving achievements speak for themselves but his input to the team, in particular his encouragement and help to Mikko Hirvonen, will be greatly missed as they have formed the strongest driving partnership in the WRC. We knew his retirement was a possibility. We are developing plans for next season and when they are finalized we will confirm them."

Both Petter Solberg and Markko Martin have been mentioned as possible replacements for Grönholm.
Old Sep 15, 2007, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

SRT at X games: photo gallery

http://jalopnik.com/photogallery/SubaruRallyX13/2588994
Old Sep 15, 2007, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

Colin McRae feared dead in helicopter crash

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...ncopter115.xml