Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Evo to C6?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2007, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have both...and enjoy each for what it is.

Evo in my sig and a 07 Z06 with light mods.... two different cars..apples to oranges. AWD Rally bred Sports sedan vs 2wd Gt Sports car. Both fun rides

If you are looking to get into a Vette I would say depending on your budget.

1st Choice would be find a low mileage used 06 Z06. You can find them at a good price and there are older people that buy them and then realize that the car is to much for them so they trade them in for something else. I see it happening a lot on the Corvette fourms.....

They truly are a divided group....half of them are into having one because it's the king of the Vettes ( for now) being seen in one, shinning them up and looking at them in their garages and also taking them for a drive once in a while on a nice sunny day Then there are the people like me that daily drive the Sh** out of ther cars and take their cars to different venues of racing,. Dragstrip, Road courses, and mile shootouts and Auto X....there seems to be a growing number of Corvette owners and they are getting younger.

2nd - Choice would be get the 08 C6 with the new LS3 in it. It is a great motor and is mod friendly.

3rd - Choice would be a C5 Z06 again tons of mods out there and you can find a good used one for a great price.

You could get a much newer Vette for the price of an older Viper and do't get me wrong they are great cars ( a little to Bling for me ) but they need mods to really go fast and they cost a lot to mod also they are not good Daily drivers....they get very hot inside the cabin. There are a lot of guys on the Vette fourms that own both Vette and Viper and that seems to be the verdict on the comparision. But some people have to find out for themselves. To each his own I guess.

Hope this helps and sorry guys for the long post
Old Sep 28, 2007, 03:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ultimate CC
I went from an evo to a c6z51 and loved it...
Man, I must have been under a rock. Another cool Evo owner leaves the fold. Oh well, I'll still buy a snow kit from you if/when I ever get the ***** to run it...
Old Sep 28, 2007, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by jenx1976
get the new M3!!!!
He's right man. Get the new M3. Car and Driver and Automobile won't stop publishing pages about it. Read up on the new specs and areodynamics. Actually, I don't suggest you read Car and Driver for that though. They're bias with any 3-Series Bimmers.
Old Sep 28, 2007, 03:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Get a 335i and save yourself 10 grand...
Old Sep 28, 2007, 08:20 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by APEX1
yo ultimate what does your z51 package inclued?
its suspension, tires, brakes, oil coolers and some other bits and pieces...slightly different gearing...its like an autox package...
Originally Posted by k270kmh
The 08 Vette is a good idea. What do you say about the chevrolet quality?
I love the 08s...they make some great power and are just a tad over what the 07s were...
Originally Posted by mdsevo06
Have fun changing Spark Plugs in a Vette.
Are you serious, it takes all of 10 mins to do 8...hell to do the full exhaust (headers back) took less than 2 hours...cars a breeze to work on...
Old Sep 28, 2007, 08:26 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Exciting News
Man, I must have been under a rock. Another cool Evo owner leaves the fold. Oh well, I'll still buy a snow kit from you if/when I ever get the ***** to run it...
Don't worry the vette has already been sold haha...I will be back shortly...in the spring I will be getting another car just not sure what I want to wait and see the new evo, sti and gtr and whatever else comes out over the winter...
Old Sep 28, 2007, 08:27 PM
CGK
Evolving Member

I had a LS1 Z28 and the car kicked a** up & down the road. The LS engines IMO are bullet-proof, and they sound amazing the higher they rev.

I had zero problems with the car. I regret ever getting rid of it. Chevrolet service was great. No problems. Go for a Corvette. There is no way you will be disappointed. Add about $2K in mods and you don't have a car; you have a jet without wings!
Old Sep 28, 2007, 08:46 PM
Evolved Member

that domestic is good for about 40k then its downhill..
Old Sep 28, 2007, 08:54 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Evozster
I say viper...just to be different....really though i would hold out for the new GT-R it's got 4wd, 4 seats (not that it might matter to you though), close to or over 500hp and its only bout 65 grand for a base model....
I wouldn't call a Viper different, but maybe that's just my area (SE Michigan.) In the summer, I see a LOT more Vipers than Z06 Vettes.
Old Sep 28, 2007, 09:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
new base c6
Old Sep 28, 2007, 10:05 PM

a ford pinto

jk lol yea man Vettes are good and the LSx engines are the best built engines America has ever produced also Chevy warranty> Mitsubishi warranty lolol

i got a buddy of mine that put a LS7 from a 07 z06 in his little s13 hatch hauls *** and the motor is all aluminum so that big 7 liter v-8 weighs less then my little 2.0 turbo I-4 sr20lol... sad yes i know
Old Sep 28, 2007, 10:13 PM
Evolved Member

If I lived in a warmer climate, a C6 would've been exactly what I would've bought. there was a red one down the street from me at a dealer for 40k... Stupid snow!