Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

335i traps 111mph/runs 12.7 with just a chip

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2007, 07:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EVOfunk
Can you list your mods? Just curious
This was when I had a XSpower TBE and a road tune($150)
Old Oct 22, 2007, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
correction factor for a turbo car is different than a N/A car, I figure at sea level it would have been a 12.5@113 which is still really good obviously. And if your VIII was only trapping 110 considering the mods you had some serious, serious issues.
Old Oct 22, 2007, 09:08 AM
Evolved Member

Location: Where you come to vacation and go home on probation! Vegas!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carlos way to go man. Did you post this up on E90post?
Old Oct 22, 2007, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 3000ways
I hate to beat a dead horse, but wasn't your wife's IX with basic bolt ons and tune running nearly 112mph traps at that same track. Maybe you should ask your self why your full bolt on VIII with methanol was nearly 2mph slower than a basic bolt on IX. I am in no way trying to discredit your achievement with your 335i, you have one of the fastest ones with your mods in the States and you should be proud of that. But it kind of irritates me that you keep comparing your 335i which is pretty strong one (most 335i w/ 1.47 chip aren't trapping 110.XXX mph) to your VIII which was obviously down on power. You are misleading people.
I do understand Carlos' point when comparing both the 335 and his Evo MR, but I will have to agree with you on the way he is presenting the facts: "BMW 335 with just a piggyback gets better trap speed than Evo with a godzilla list of modifications". mmmmm. His 335 is probably one of the three fastest in the nation as we speak, but there're thousands of Evos out there with half the price in mods off the price of a Procede that already went into the 11's at 115+mph. And there's another factor to take into consideration: we're comparing a small displacement 2 liter engine against a mighty 3 liter I6 twin turbo

I don't know, I guess that I'm a little bit tired of watching youtube videos of 335s beating the crap out of 911 Carrera S, modified M3s, Evos, STIs... When I raced the 335s on the autobahn I was mentally ready to get a severe spank and surprise, surprise...David ate Goliath. Geez I wish I had a camera when it happened!
Old Oct 22, 2007, 12:30 PM
Evolving Member

I dont think he is misleading, just stating facts.
Old Oct 22, 2007, 01:09 PM
Evolving Member

That sucks the 335 doesnt even have a LSD.
Old Oct 22, 2007, 01:17 PM
Evolving Member

Thats very impressive for the Mid level 3 series. I'd love to see how the continued aftermarket support for the 335 impacts the new M3. Its a lot easier to extract power from a Turbo motor then an NA...
Old Oct 22, 2007, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

I seen those times on E90 post Carlos,,,, nice driving.

I have the "Big AL" kinda ecu in my 335ic, Considering the battle between the 2 over on the bimmer forums, the Juice box 2. $349 and from what has been said it is about the same as the V1.47 from Vishn. Best bang for the buck I have seen, including the Dynoflash I had in my Evo that was what?$200?

The 335ic is head over heals a better car than the Evo wanted to be, IMHO.
There are so so many features that are just sweet *** in the 335i. I find new ones each week, lolol

Not to mention its mucho mucho easier to lanch without thrashing your tranny. Simple 2k lanches and your off!. I can spinn 1st, chirp second and then it just wants to run north of 120 all the time.

I took a 2004 sti a couple times the other night, was very simple, All he could say was man that thing is fast,..lololol.....made my night.

I have in the back of my head the 135i,,,,, after my lease is up on the 335i, or close to I might have to Purchase me a 135i,,,,,,, maybe they will have uncorked the turbos a little from the factory then. Maybe even an M version in a few years?

O yea,,,,,, the exhaust on the bimmer is a joke,,,,,,, but very nice sounding. But man 4 cats and a huge *** resonitor,,,,,,wtf?????? lololol But the car still moves out right smartly.

Keep up the great work Carlos!
Old Oct 22, 2007, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fastrob691
I dont think he is misleading, just stating facts.
You can state facts and still mislead, politicians do it all the time. The FACT is that his full bolt on EVO VIII wasn't running properly if he could only manage 110mph trap speeds out of it and he shouldn't make it seem like his VIII is a good example for all VIIIs. Hey all he had to do was just tell what he ran in his 335i and called it a day, but no he once again had to compare his obviously underpowered VIII (for the mods) to his new 335i.
Old Oct 22, 2007, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4 Wheel Slide
nice time....

but you cant compare that bmw with "just a chip" to the evo...

with less money than u spent on the chip i was trapping 116 and running 11's.

now with my clutch and fmic added i've trapped 120 and should be trapping 122-123 now.

Cheers!

always gotta brag... lol... i trap 113 with intake and exuast... lol....and the 4WS tune...
Old Oct 22, 2007, 06:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 3000ways
I hate to beat a dead horse, but wasn't your wife's IX with basic bolt ons and tune running nearly 112mph traps at that same track. Maybe you should ask your self why your full bolt on VIII with methanol was nearly 2mph slower than a basic bolt on IX. I am in no way trying to discredit your achievement with your 335i, you have one of the fastest ones with your mods in the States and you should be proud of that. But it kind of irritates me that you keep comparing your 335i which is pretty strong one (most 335i w/ 1.47 chip aren't trapping 110.XXX mph) to your VIII which was obviously down on power. You are misleading people.

3000ways,

You truly impressed me by still remembering all the data. You are so correct, I did 111.95mph in Tucson once on the Evo 9 with a 3"TB, air filter,LICP,MBC and a mail in flash from Dynoflash, the difference is that I was on a race mix and running 28-29psi on the turbo.

I then took the car(same Evo 9) to Phoenix and was hoping for 114-115mph and only got a best of 110.52mph but with a faster time(12.2) . Coincidently all my best records have been during decent events(street class AWD in Phoenix), NOPI in Phoenix and always in front of other Evo owners to validate my runs.

The only reason why I haven't post the 111.95 mph on the Evo 9 in Tucson is because it was racegas.

Changing the subject, congrats to all of you that can trap 118mph or even more with similar mods. Don't ask me why , just watch the videos and listen to any Evo 8 or Evo 9 member that tried hard to run 12s with similar mods. You guys make it sound very easy but the highest trap speed on stock Evo 9 turbo is Rob's which he was running racegas and putting 38x whp(MD) and with excellent driving and cold temp.

Absolutely everyone else with the $1000 mods traps 106-108mph on this track on a Evo 9. Look the only 3 Evo 9 that ran 12's at SIR, OJ(V8haha) ran low 12's at low 110's but he spent a few thousands), SRT42EVO9(Justin) ran mid 12 but without hiting 110(also spent about $2000), I also ran 12.5 and ran 107 ish on 91oct.

Changing the subject, my Evo8 MR was badly hurt by the shifting and a massive boost drop. I complained many times about this. I might not be the best driver around but I have many many launches and over a decade drag racing under my belt.

Look at what people ran on Phoenix on the Stock Evo 8 turbos, how come no one never ran a 11?, how come the fastest ever stock Evo 8 turbo without NOS is only 1 MPH faster than mine. How come the fastest Evo 8 turbo ran a best of 12.1? Cmon, guys, I am being fair, in this part of the country not really many Evos have been that sucessfull with the exception of Rob(Fastrob691) and Mike(AZ EVO IX MR) and a hand full of other experience drivers, other than that I ran one of the quickest and fastest Evos in AZ with stock turbo (not braggin) and still sounds very slow when comparting to others in other parts of the nation.

Regardless of all that, the botton line is that this topic wasn't meant to be a hostil topic, I am just saying that I ran 12.71@110.69 with such mods and people had hard times trying to break 12's on the Evo -SRT4 shoutout we had here.

I am just going to keep it very simple guys, I am just going to start filming everyone with Evos in Tucson and let you judge. I want to see those 11 sec/low 12 sec 115mph Evo owners that can do that with $500-1000 budget in Tucson... this can turn really embarassing I am afraid

peace

Carlos

Last edited by fromWRXtoEVO; Oct 22, 2007 at 06:58 PM.
Old Oct 22, 2007, 06:46 PM
Evolved Member

LOL dont forget me Carlos!!!
When I was on stock turbo...we were the fastest viii's on stock turbos in Az.
PJ

Last edited by pjsevo8; Oct 22, 2007 at 06:48 PM.
Old Oct 22, 2007, 06:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by pjsevo8
LOL dont forget me Carlos!!!
When I was on stock turbo...we were the fastest viii's on stock turbos in Az.
PJ

^^^ you are right PJ, I completely forgot about you. By the way, I was asking about you to your co worker(Ivan).

PJ, since you also lived here and raced at the same track so many times could you please give your opinion on my times vs what we have seen over the years on the Evo 8 and Evo 9 at this track?

PJ how many thousands of dollars did Abner, you, me, Edwin and everyone else had to spent and bearly saw 110mph at this track? Look Scott, he ran 3"TB, air filter and NOS and did 114mph, Ray ran 118mph but he had a few grand plus NOS. Your input is critical.

Thanks!!

Carlos

Last edited by fromWRXtoEVO; Oct 22, 2007 at 06:55 PM.
Old Oct 22, 2007, 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

Sure! SIR is one of the hardest tracks in the country to run a good time at. We have horrible temps, elevation, and even the track itself is not that great. Most ppl that run their car here at SIR and then go up to Firebird in phoenix can shave off significant time. What me and carlos were doing on the stock turbo would have ran 11s up in phx. Here it was impossible to get lower than 12s.... thats my .02

PJ
Old Oct 22, 2007, 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
3000ways,

You truly impressed me by still remembering all the data. You are so correct, I did 111.95mph in Tucson once on the Evo 9 with a 3"TB, air filter,LICP,MBC and a mail in flash from Dynoflash, the difference is that I was on a race mix and running 28-29psi on the turbo.

I then took the car(same Evo 9) to Phoenix and was hoping for 114-115mph and only got a best of 110.52mph but with a faster time(12.2) . Coincidently all my best records have been during decent events(street class AWD in Phoenix), NOPI in Phoenix and always in front of other Evo owners to validate my runs.

The only reason why I haven't post the 111.95 mph on the Evo 9 in Tucson is because it was racegas.

Changing the subject, congrats to all of you that can trap 118mph or even more with similar mods. Don't ask me why , just watch the videos and listen to any Evo 8 or Evo 9 member that tried hard to run 12s with similar mods. You guys make it sound very easy but the highest trap speed on stock Evo 9 turbo is Rob's which he was running racegas and putting 38x whp(MD) and with excellent driving and cold temp.

Absolutely everyone else with the $1000 mods traps 106-108mph on this track on a Evo 9. Look the only 3 Evo 9 that ran 12's at SIR, OJ(V8haha) ran low 12's at low 110's but he spent a few thousands), SRT42EVO9(Justin) ran mid 12 but without hiting 110(also spent about $2000), I also ran 12.5 and ran 107 ish on 91oct.

Changing the subject, my Evo8 MR was badly hurt by the shifting and a massive boost drop. I complained many times about this. I might not be the best driver around but I have many many launches and over a decade drag racing under my belt.

Look at what people ran on Phoenix on the Stock Evo 8 turbos, how come no one never ran a 11?, how come the fastest ever stock Evo 8 turbo without NOS is only 1 MPH faster than mine. Cmon, guys, I am being fair, in this part of the country not really many Evos have been that sucessfull with the exception of Rob(Fastrob691) and Mike(AZ EVO IX MR), other than that I ran one of the quickest and fastest Evos in AZ with stock turbo(not braggin).

Regardless of all that, the botton line is that this topic wasn't meant to be a hostil topic, I am just saying that I ran 12.71@110.69 with such mods and people had hard times trying to break 12's on the Evo -SRT4 shoutout we had here.

peace

Carlos
Now that you bring it up, I do find it quite surprising that your 335i with only the chip mod is somehow running faster than 99% of the other 335i and damn you did this at 3100ft. But hey let's not go into that. The point is, and I am sorry I can't speak for all the horrible EVO drivers you guys have in Arizona (maybe their skill level is as bad as mine), but my point is that with full bolt ons and meth your VIII should atleast be with a bolt on IX regardless if it is running 1/3 race gas and 2/3 pump gas. Infact when you think about it, a IX with those mods and the 1/3 110 octane is about 350-360whp (Dyno Jet) at most and you got nearly 112mph trap speeds out of it at 3100ft, which tells me it was making the power it was suppose to, so what happend to your VIII???

Quick Reply: 335i traps 111mph/runs 12.7 with just a chip