Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Got beatin by a Subaru WRX!?!? How?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2003, 10:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is my scooby its a 94-wrx.STI-1 ltd 1-100. jap build this is no,86 my mate has one no,25 moded his has a decatted exhaust, and a hks filter, on the rollin road dyno it gave a figure of, 301-bhp. now subaru claim these had 250-bhp, and this model actually came with a 3".stainless exhaust, as std, but with the cat, ive not had mine on a dyno as of yet, and 1 moor pic

hope this worked, also got mate,s with evo,s and cosworth,s and other subaru,s if your happy with what youve got, whatsthe prob,
Old Jul 20, 2003, 11:01 PM
Evolved Member

i knwo what happend he spent some time and some money on his car and thats what you get
just ccause he got a wrx dont mean its gotta be slow
Old Jul 21, 2003, 06:08 AM

Re: got beaten by a subaru wrx how

Originally posted by exesspeed
lol i cant believe so many of you have replied to such a post, honestly it make,s me laugh, what does it matter, mod,s or not as long as your happy with what you drive, then youve no reason to gripe, and yes i have a wrx sti-1, but honest guys, here in the uk we find that all subaru,s are totally diff, you can have 4 exact model car,s from the same year, and yet if you were to drive all of them, you would swear they were totally diff model,s some std car,s can put out 280 bhp, import,s that is then someone else has same car same model same year, and it will only put out 230-bhp so he spends 1000,s modding it and still cant get past the 280-bhp brackett, honest, guys dont worry these subaru,s are a strang beast, some are rapid, and some feel so bad you want to get out and push it. lol bye for now mark

four of the same model and that big of a delta? no way,,, and if that is true, there would be a lot more of unhappy scuby customers.

racing against other supras i have noticed wins do correspond with two things. 1) the > number of mods 2) the driver.

I'm new to the evo thing and only time can tell how well they respond to bpu upgrades.

kirk
Old Jul 21, 2003, 10:09 AM

got beaten by a wex

well over hear there is , i was one of them my last scooby felt slow, and the u.k version, i drove was crap, thats why the imports sell for more, i guess, a lot has to do with how well it has been treated, and how often it has been services, when i first got a subar, after owning 3 cosworth,s it felt real bad. but the scooby,s have a much smoother power deliver,y there wasnt that rush like the cosworths had when the tubo came in, then i realised subaro had made them this was so they could use, i supose lighter drive, train componente, as they are derived from the rallyind experience, but the scooby,s pull from much lower down the rev,s thats why they are so good in the twistie,s your not searching for power, as its torque is coming in al low rpm. and you can feel it, well thats my opinion and ive spoken to many owner,s and tuner,s who agree with this, any way i think my car is the bollox mate and in the end thats what, it all boils down to, if your happy with what youve got ,nice one. mark, this is my94 wrx-sti- ltd jap build 1 - 100. made mine is no 86 and there are 8 in the uk we know of, not bad for a 9,year old car
i hope this work,s as the link is playin up
Old Jul 21, 2003, 10:11 AM

j
ava script error its playin up was going to put pics up, no,
Old Jul 21, 2003, 02:28 PM

Re: Re: hmm

Originally posted by VOLSBimmer

I was just going to say the same thing! I would consider a 13.1 a "low 13", and that's what a stock EVO has hit! Now how is the "low 13" WRX gonna put a hurtin on that????!!
How many have hit low 13s? Seriously..can you still count them on your fingers?
Old Jul 21, 2003, 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

Re: Re: Re: hmm

Originally posted by S8ER95Z

How many have hit low 13s? Seriously..can you still count them on your fingers?
I can count the number of Evos I've seen on the street on one hand. What the hell is your point, are there gonna be more Evo drivers with superb driving skills than there are Evos on the road. Seriously... what the hell are you trying to say.
Old Jul 21, 2003, 02:35 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: hmm

Originally posted by MrMeaner

I can count the number of Evos I've seen on the street on one hand. What the hell is your point, are there gonna be more Evo drivers with superb driving skills than there are Evos on the road. Seriously... what the hell are you trying to say.
Simple.. A very small amount of Fbodys have run high 12s bone stock. However everytime I measure cars up to one another I don't automatically assume that all of them run high 12s. Get my drift?

BTW.. your statement I quoted.. did you pull that out out of thin air?

"are there gonna be more Evo drivers with superb driving skills than there are Evos on the road"

?? Really.. have you been drinking already today?

Last edited by S8ER95Z; Jul 21, 2003 at 02:37 PM.
Old Jul 22, 2003, 06:11 AM

If you guys trace back to 2002, there was a comparison done by SCC mag, they pitted a Vishnu Stage I WRX against a EVO VII JDM type.

The Stage I WRX beat the EVO VII on the straight line race test, they said on the straight line test, the EVO feels most awkward and out of place, on the gravel test and skidpad, it pretty much kicked butt but the WRX was still very close in numbers.
Old Jul 27, 2003, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

He obviously had more mods than he claimed.
Old Jul 28, 2003, 01:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Hellacious
He obviously had more mods than he claimed.
That is probably a 100% fact. The thing is, if you don't know how to drive the EVO (not how to drive in general, but a stock USDM EVO8) you can add a second to the 1/4 time.

Mark
www.Quantum-Racing.com
Old Aug 2, 2003, 02:54 PM

He had to be lying to you man. My brother has an 02 WRX with upgraded intercooler, bov, piggyback computer, turbo back exhaust, upgraded 550 CC (Ithink) fuel injectors, boost controller, silicone hoses (I know don't do much but still), and maybe one or two other things I am over looking. Anyways I raced him when I had about 1000 miles on the car, first he had his wife in the car and I smoked him by like three car lengths in third, then he kicked his wife out (it was kinda funny) and it was close but I still kept a good 3 ft. - 4 ft. on him. We both aren't all that little he weighs in at about 250 and I weigh abouth 210 so that guy had to have been lying to you.
Old Sep 3, 2003, 10:22 AM
Evolving Member

I have come over from the dark side (wrx) and it seems possible this guy is lying, but having a wrx that had about 700 in mods (gutted cats, ecu, ic pipes) and it pulled much more cleanly from 40-140 that the evo does.

WRX was close 0-60 4.9-5.1 this is more than close enough that inexperince as is stated when the guy said car has 1300 miles on it could be more than compesated for.

Also they dint race a 1/4th mile they just raced who knows acctualy how facr it was.

Black Smoke = Catless not NOS REX's run just as rich as evos

It seems as though this guy also had an ecu though which could give him a 290 hp car w/exhaust
Old Sep 3, 2003, 11:00 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My brother has an 02 WRX with upgraded intercooler, bov, piggyback computer, turbo back exhaust, upgraded 550 CC (Ithink) fuel injectors, boost controller, silicone hoses (I know don't do much but still), and maybe one or two other things I am over looking.

I don't see how thats possible if you were stock. I'm not saying it's not true, but I had a 2002 WRX modded with a Vishnu stage 0 kit. That consists of an up-pipe, Unichip piggy back ECU, MBC set at about 1.1 bar and an under drive pulley. I currently have a bone stock EVO and I can tell you for sure that my WRX faster.
Old Sep 3, 2003, 11:20 AM

I talked to him again, and he said he had taken out his piggy back. I didn't know that before. But still besides an alarm my car is bone stock (for now).

Quick Reply: Got beatin by a Subaru WRX!?!? How?