Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Modded 335i runs a 117mph/12.399 at track

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2007, 01:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by _ceteuro
It's not hard to get to this point and I am not impressed. Now watch how hard it will be for the car to get into the 11s and also be reliable. BMW is really crappy in reliability and I know because I owned BMW before and they stink. Once again. I am not that Impressed. I have done just 3 modds to my friends 06 STI for $500 and we ran 12.2 plus we didn't use race gas.
apparently u have no idea what it took to get to this point w/the 335i:

1) all new cars (especially BMW) have ECU's that are getting harder to crack. my cousin is trying to built a turbo Mini & he will have to send his ecu to BMW for them to "approve" what he has done. they don't want to give up anything not to mention u can only read the ecu if the car is exactly at 13.8volts or u fry the ecu.

2) i'm sure Vishnu has many nights w/out sleep cracking the ecu for his Procede so my hat is off to him.

3) BMW is not designed for the 1/4mile so any low times are worth noting especially since that's the ONLY 335i to run a 12 in the US that i know of

4) BMW will attract more girls than ANY evo or sti allday long. 335i is also a very nice DD to have. EVOs & STIs only attract pimply face boys who look like they rubbed mayo in their hair to look like Sonic The Hedgehog.

5) IIRC, i think that motor is aluminum block (like the EVO X) so brute power is limited.

bottom line is that it is a serious accomplishment to have 12sec 335i's on the street in just the little time they have been out. + they have a higher top speed than an evo & can get there w/less effort. it is also obvious that u have never been to Germany to see real BMW's. or ur just mad because the 1 u had didn't workout.

Congrats to Vishnu Tuning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!{ thumbup}
Old Nov 17, 2007, 04:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
very impressed with the trap speed, the ET will obviously improve with a little practice. BMW is doing it right and it makes me want the 1-series TT more and more once I pay the evo off.
Old Nov 17, 2007, 04:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by housedj
apparently u have no idea what it took to get to this point w/the 335i:

1) all new cars (especially BMW) have ECU's that are getting harder to crack. my cousin is trying to built a turbo Mini & he will have to send his ecu to BMW for them to "approve" what he has done. they don't want to give up anything not to mention u can only read the ecu if the car is exactly at 13.8volts or u fry the ecu.

2) i'm sure Vishnu has many nights w/out sleep cracking the ecu for his Procede so my hat is off to him.

3) BMW is not designed for the 1/4mile so any low times are worth noting especially since that's the ONLY 335i to run a 12 in the US that i know of

4) BMW will attract more girls than ANY evo or sti allday long. 335i is also a very nice DD to have. EVOs & STIs only attract pimply face boys who look like they rubbed mayo in their hair to look like Sonic The Hedgehog.

5) IIRC, i think that motor is aluminum block (like the EVO X) so brute power is limited.

bottom line is that it is a serious accomplishment to have 12sec 335i's on the street in just the little time they have been out. + they have a higher top speed than an evo & can get there w/less effort. it is also obvious that u have never been to Germany to see real BMW's. or ur just mad because the 1 u had didn't workout.

Congrats to Vishnu Tuning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!{ thumbup}

Well put, especailly point number 4, which is true beyond belief.
Old Nov 17, 2007, 05:39 AM

This Shiv guy just can't drive or better put "Drag Race". Like he stated" his mother could of outlaunched him". I feel all the hate on this site is funny. The BMW 335I is an awesome platform and should be respected. If Shiv took off his Pradas' a better 60ft might have been accomplished.lol

Give that car to Danimal and it would hit 11s. LOL! Shiv pulled a 2.1 60ft when he tried to launch his Red Shop car back in the day. Some things never change. Don't have to worry about him becoming "King Of the Streets".
Old Nov 17, 2007, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 3000ways
I don't really see 11 seconds, even with a better launch. 335i is just not a drag car.
This was Vishnu's 4th trip to a dragstrip ever. He did a 2.054 60' which is nothing impressive but definately can be improved. Let me remind you that someone else also with a 335i and no LSD was able to cut a 1.6 sec 60'. I am sure everyone heard the rule of thumb about one tenth on the 60' usually means 2 tenths on the ET or someone already forgot? Just by using this simple rule of thumb it wouldn't be crazy to think that the high 11's is within reach.

It is very very possible to get high 11's with as better launch. Another member trapped 113mph with a Helix tune and 98oct, that is still with a stock exhaust that has 4 catalitic converters (did I said 4 catalitic converters on a turbo powered car?) one 30lbs resonator and 2 restricted mufflers..

Carlos

Last edited by fromWRXtoEVO; Nov 17, 2007 at 04:55 PM.
Old Nov 17, 2007, 10:03 AM
Evolved Member

That car's potential impresses me more and more everyday.
Old Nov 17, 2007, 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

FTW of what? While 12.399@116.8 is impressive, it not earth shattering dude . Oh your thinking because it has limited mods, to repeat what Shiv has done with the exact same parts, would cost you at least $3,000 and that isn't counting the hours of tuning Shiv has personally placed on this car. Honestly an hour of Shiv's time on the dyno is worth $500 or more.
335 have 4 cats....

Its says the only power mod this 335 has is ECU and 98 octane.

2.0 60ft that can improve to run a high 11. Let alone that trap is pretty good.

Look up Walk U on E90fanatics.com watch how his car pulls vs other cars like Evo's, cobra, M5's, etc.......
Old Nov 17, 2007, 02:45 PM
Evolving Member

What i think is his speed is 116 and his 60ft is 2.0 he should be in the 11's
unless the car is not fast in the 1st,2nd and 3rd Gear and in the 4th she fly's
Old Nov 17, 2007, 11:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by _ceteuro
It's not hard to get to this point and I am not impressed. Now watch how hard it will be for the car to get into the 11s and also be reliable. BMW is really crappy in reliability and I know because I owned BMW before and they stink. Once again. I am not that Impressed. I have done just 3 modds to my friends 06 STI for $500 and we ran 12.2 plus we didn't use race gas.
OK your comparing your friends STI to this 335i. One thing we all know is that STI's have good low end when it comes to launching. Your friend ran a 12.2 but with what trap speed? I bet nothing close to a 117MPH trap. This 335 did a 2.0 60ft that is nothing close to a good launch.

Has your car seen 11s yet? I bet not Cosmin. You've prob spent more on your mods than this BMW did to achieve this time and trap. You've put cams in your car, IX turbo, 02 housing, full exhaust, handful of different tunes, $2,000 clutch, etc....... and I bet you would still loose to this 335i from a roll. When the only power mod this 335 has is a ECU.

I don't really see 11 seconds, even with a better launch. 335i is just not a drag car.
What are you talking about? It did a 2.0 60ft if it gets any better trust me that trap already says it should be in the 11s.

It seems like your just hating that a car this new, this nice, and so easy to make fast, is achieving these HP accomplishments in so little time.

BTW Evo's are no way a drag car either.
Old Nov 18, 2007, 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by beemerfreak
OK your comparing your friends STI to this 335i. One thing we all know is that STI's have good low end when it comes to launching. Your friend ran a 12.2 but with what trap speed? I bet nothing close to a 117MPH trap. This 335 did a 2.0 60ft that is nothing close to a good launch.

Has your car seen 11s yet? I bet not Cosmin. You've prob spent more on your mods than this BMW did to achieve this time and trap. You've put cams in your car, IX turbo, 02 housing, full exhaust, handful of different tunes, $2,000 clutch, etc....... and I bet you would still loose to this 335i from a roll. When the only power mod this 335 has is a ECU.

What are you talking about? It did a 2.0 60ft if it gets any better trust me that trap already says it should be in the 11s.

It seems like your just hating that a car this new, this nice, and so easy to make fast, is achieving these HP accomplishments in so little time.

Evo lovers, there are other badazz cars out on the road that are easy to make comensuratly fast. I agree that the Evo is a great bang for the buck badazz car but the Sti appears to have caught up and other new cars on the market are also makin their mark. To me the 335i is impressive and needs to be recognized as good competition for the Evo in straight line performance. From a roll they appear to be superior but only time will tell. Heck I hear that new SS Trailblazer Suv can run 13s and be stupid fast with minimal mods. Stop the hate and go out there and race a couple and find out how the great Evo compares.
Old Nov 18, 2007, 02:51 AM
Evolved Member

preatty fast
with bolt on the 335i in general will probably be faster from a roll than stock turbo /pump gas evos. espically evo 8's
Old Nov 18, 2007, 06:16 AM
Evolved Member

335 have 4 cats....

Its says the only power mod this 335 has is ECU and 98 octane.

2.0 60ft that can improve to run a high 11. Let alone that trap is pretty good.

Look up Walk U on E90fanatics.com watch how his car pulls vs other cars like Evo's, cobra, M5's, etc.......
So what is your point, it still has a catback exhaust that shiv charges like a grand for. WTF is wrong with you dude, has reading comprehension failed you. The mods are clearly listed, so shut the f*ck up!!!
Old Nov 18, 2007, 06:21 AM
Evolved Member

Never said EVO was a drag car, but at least it has AWD. Also I never said it couldn't hit 11s, as in it not at all a possibility. Just in my opinion I don't think it will and I don't think it is as easy as you make it out to be. Hey maybe I am wrong, not not really a big deal to me. Nobody is hating the 335i here (all my hate goes to Stupidarus), I think it is an awesome car, but I think you guys exaggerate sometimes.
Old Nov 18, 2007, 06:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by FKNDonk
Evo lovers, there are other badazz cars out on the road that are easy to make comensuratly fast. I agree that the Evo is a great bang for the buck badazz car but the Sti appears to have caught up and other new cars on the market are also makin their mark. To me the 335i is impressive and needs to be recognized as good competition for the Evo in straight line performance. From a roll they appear to be superior but only time will tell. Heck I hear that new SS Trailblazer Suv can run 13s and be stupid fast with minimal mods. Stop the hate and go out there and race a couple and find out how the great Evo compares.
The STI hasn't caught up to nobody dude, talk about exaggerations. Quickly make me list of 11 second stock turbo STIs
Old Nov 18, 2007, 06:26 AM
Evolved Member

I mean seriously why don't you guys do some research before you type out sh*t, it is like arguing with the ignorant and blind.