Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Modded 335i runs a 117mph/12.399 at track

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2007, 06:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Dam that's faster than my M5 of the line
Old Nov 18, 2007, 06:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
that 11-second stock turbo argument is the dumbest thing ever. It's not STi owners' faults their car comes with a tiny turbo.
Old Nov 18, 2007, 06:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mcwop23
that 11-second stock turbo argument is the dumbest thing ever. It's not STi owners' faults their car comes with a tiny turbo.
LOL
Old Nov 18, 2007, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by 3000ways
The STI hasn't caught up to nobody dude, talk about exaggerations. Quickly make me list of 11 second stock turbo STIs
Since 2003 the Suby's have closed the gap. Heck the newer ones are capable of 11s (bigger or redesigned turbo for efficiency, but not sure due to research lazyness)) but I must admit I don't get out much anymore and all the claims could be hype. BTW How quick have u gone in ur Evo 3000ways? Have u gone modded Suby fast or modded Evo fast. Back in the day Subys with turbo upgrades stayed in the mid 12s but I am sure they are doing alot better now.
Old Nov 18, 2007, 08:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
they aren't really doing much better somehow, a couple tenths better maybe
Old Nov 18, 2007, 09:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well too me with those mods even though they are not a whole lot I dont think its that impressive. If it was really 400whp it would trap higher even considering the weight...plus it having lsd and drag radials doesn't impress me at all. People talk like 117 is insane. Go look at what evos trap at with 400whp...120+ is easily attainable. Not trying to compare the two but I guess its nice BMW has a car that can be fast for not a whole lot. Big thing is though we will see how reliable it is at these levels...if something does break well say hello to BMW repair costs.
Old Nov 18, 2007, 09:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A. 335's are ridciulous. Those cars are freaks and you get what you pay for. Granted this car was NOT on pump and had other modifications (although minimal) I am very impressed.

B. 07 STI's are the STI's that have caught up...subaru has narrowed the gap and to further that point, sit in a stage 2 07 STi and it will keep up with a tbe mbc intake evo IX...its' a drivers race in that situation
Old Nov 19, 2007, 01:03 AM
Evolving Member

So how much boost over stock?
Old Nov 19, 2007, 01:18 AM
Evolved Member

Lol shiv cant drag race.. 2.1 is pretty weak lol!! but imagine, if he had cut a 1.6-1.8 and was powershifting? it woudl be a LWO 12 if not high 11. They need to get a good drag racer in that car for a few good passes. Where is I.E. EVo at?
Old Nov 19, 2007, 03:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by beemerfreak
335 have 4 cats....

Its says the only power mod this 335 has is ECU and 98 octane.

2.0 60ft that can improve to run a high 11. Let alone that trap is pretty good.

Look up Walk U on E90fanatics.com watch how his car pulls vs other cars like Evo's, cobra, M5's, etc.......
i've met up with shirwin a few times, cool guy and very nice and FAST 335i

if there were a better local 1/4 mile track i'm really curious what his time and trap speed are...maybe i'll try talking him into goin' at it at SAC
Old Nov 19, 2007, 06:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sliqdaddy91

B. 07 STI's are the STI's that have caught up...subaru has narrowed the gap and to further that point, sit in a stage 2 07 STi and it will keep up with a tbe mbc intake evo IX...its' a drivers race in that situation
I love how people claim this, but where is the proof to show this I on the other hand have provided ample evidence to suggest otherwise. Don't get me wrong is the 07 STI better than the 04-06 STI, most likely, but that still doesn't mean it has significantly closed any gap. Also it depends on what you are talking about, are you talking simple bolt ons like Exhaust, Intake, and Tune, then yes a Subaru is a match for a EVO IX, but after that the EVO pulls away. The stock STI turbo is good for at most 350whp while bolt on and Cams EVO IX make more than that. The EVO IX stock is fully capable of hitting 400whp or more, and in all honesty I don't even think we have hit the limit of what the stock turbo is capable of achieving. Also even do I admit I think the 07 STI is better than the 06 STI, I am having a hard time understanding why the 06 STIs keep running faster times.

Last edited by 3000ways; Nov 19, 2007 at 06:57 AM.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 06:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by FKNDonk
Since 2003 the Suby's have closed the gap. Heck the newer ones are capable of 11s (bigger or redesigned turbo for efficiency, but not sure due to research lazyness)) but I must admit I don't get out much anymore and all the claims could be hype. BTW How quick have u gone in ur Evo 3000ways? Have u gone modded Suby fast or modded Evo fast. Back in the day Subys with turbo upgrades stayed in the mid 12s but I am sure they are doing alot better now.
Huh since 2003 stupidaru closed the gap, the STI was a 2004 model last time I checked.

Last edited by 3000ways; Nov 19, 2007 at 06:52 AM.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 07:20 AM
Evolved Member

My last post in this thread. What do you want me to say? Honestly I just speak the truth and for some reason it angers people. I mean I am all about to post great job and stuff, and then I read "just a tune and fuel?" and I am like here we go again, I mean how can the OP say this, when he posts a link where the modifications are clearly spelled out. That is what I am talking about when it comes to exaggerations. There is no need to exaggerate, the accomplishments of the 335i are already impressive, just leave it at that. Then we have people say, well the STIs can hit 11s on the stock turbo now. Huh??? You would think that when people post such sayings, they would have the decency to the back up such statements by researching to make sure it was true. The truth is, as far as I know one STI hit 11s on the stock turbo (a 06 STI hit 11.7@113mph) and it was modded to death and not on pump gas. I mean come on guys, if a STI or BMW runs a good time, great job, move on. It is like fans and owners of these cars need the approval of EVO owners for some reason. I mean I don't know if I find this annoying or flattering, I guess the EVO is like the Mustang of the import car world, meaning that the EVO is some how the measuring stick.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 07:55 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 3000ways
My last post in this thread. What do you want me to say? Honestly I just speak the truth and for some reason it angers people. I mean I am all about to post great job and stuff, and then I read "just a tune and fuel?" and I am like here we go again, I mean how can the OP say this, when he posts a link where the modifications are clearly spelled out. That is what I am talking about when it comes to exaggerations. There is no need to exaggerate, the accomplishments of the 335i are already impressive, just leave it at that. Then we have people say, well the STIs can hit 11s on the stock turbo now. Huh??? You would think that when people post such sayings, they would have the decency to the back up such statements by researching to make sure it was true. The truth is, as far as I know one STI hit 11s on the stock turbo (a 06 STI hit 11.7@113mph) and it was modded to death and not on pump gas. I mean come on guys, if a STI or BMW runs a good time, great job, move on. It is like fans and owners of these cars need the approval of EVO owners for some reason. I mean I don't know if I find this annoying or flattering, I guess the EVO is like the Mustang of the import car world, meaning that the EVO is some how the measuring stick.
Envious much? OK so it had a reflash. (just because it had 2 different maps doesnt make it 2 seperate mods) a CBE, and an intake and drag radials. Not to mention the car is heavier than an Evo and it still ran a 12.2. Probably would have run a 12 flat or 11.9 with a better launch. All of that with leather interior, sound deadening, and navi. In a car 3 times as luxurious as an Evo, and not to mention twice as good looking.

I love my Evo and all, but Id take a 335i over an Evo ANY day of the week.

Lastly. I have NEVER seen a Evo run a 120mph trap speed on pump gas. Maybe pump and meth injection but never on straight pump.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 08:02 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by FastCoEVO
Envious much? OK so it had a reflash. (just because it had 2 different maps doesnt make it 2 seperate mods) a CBE, and an intake and drag radials. Not to mention the car is heavier than an Evo and it still ran a 12.2. Probably would have run a 12 flat or 11.9 with a better launch. All of that with leather interior, sound deadening, and navi. In a car 3 times as luxurious as an Evo, and not to mention twice as good looking.

I love my Evo and all, but Id take a 335i over an Evo ANY day of the week.

Lastly. I have NEVER seen a Evo run a 120mph trap speed on pump gas. Maybe pump and meth injection but never on straight pump.
But isn't there a significant price difference between a 335i and a IX(gsr)?
Also i thought it was much more expensive to mod a BMW than a IX?
Am i wrong?