Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Modded 335i runs a 117mph/12.399 at track

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2007, 02:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EVOfunk
Yep...11's finally

And to make things even more interesting, there's a tuner war going on. Vishnu Procede is not alone anymore...
Oh no is Big Al going to tune beamers?
Old Dec 29, 2007, 09:58 PM
Evolved Member

A Haltec piggyback and exhaust made by Harmonmotive.... I'll bet any good tuner could do that unless it's a proprietary harness.

It takes guts to risk the warrantee of innocent BMW owners. And what does that do the resale value of the car?
Old Dec 30, 2007, 03:57 AM
Evolved Member

fail
Old Dec 30, 2007, 07:27 AM
Evolving Member

I think the huge low end power and well over 112 mph trap speed is what makes a nice car.

I would be very happy with a low 12 second 335xi (notice the "x").

Very nice DD I would say, and the mods seem minimal.

I wonder if one would still want a LSD with the xi?
Old Jan 1, 2008, 08:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by _ceteuro
When the track opens up I will easily hit 11s'. Last time I went to the track I was spinning all for tires and hitting 117.9 mph with 5 major leaks that where found later and then re-tuned. If you like BMW so much go buy one. No one is stopping you. Personally I think it's an ok car, nothing I will save my money for. What is really funny that my friend from church does have a 335i and raced my friend with the stock Volvo S80 T6 stock and they where tie. Hmm imagine the Volvo with a tune and exhaust. My point is this, All the evo needs is a slightly bigger turbo like Evo Green and then it's over. I haven't seen any BMW compared to the Lambo, but I have seen the Evo. Also why was the Evo in the top 5 greatest cars ever built, they showed it on CNN I am sure you can find it if you search. I will not give my car for 100 BMWs.

You said I spent more money then the BMW to modd the car. With all my modds and the price of the car after is paid, it's still cheaper then that ugly a$$ BMW. You must be a smart one.
anyone got a link to this CNN article/show etc.???
Old Jan 2, 2008, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jaylenospoolboy
A Haltec piggyback and exhaust made by Harmonmotive.... I'll bet any good tuner could do that unless it's a proprietary harness.

It takes guts to risk the warrantee of innocent BMW owners. And what does that do the resale value of the car?
+1

It all fun and games until something expensive breaks.

With evos you have aftermarket options for TC, trans, axles, motors, for the newer bimmers you do not and stuff can add up very quickly.

Either way bmw has excellent build quality IMO, my 160k bimmer drives great.