Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

new cars at a young age?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2007, 09:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i'm also from Brooklyn so don't use the excuse "i ride the subway too muc so i never notice cars"...
Old Dec 29, 2007, 06:00 PM

first of all im 17. i do research but as soon as i have my mind set on one car someone tells me not to get it for some reason. So finally i'd like to get the public's opinion on which car i should get. So any car name u guys say will be researched like crazy(thats how i found this website!). oh btw cars ive arleady looked into are
335xi
535xi
Evo 8,9,10
chrysler crossfire srt 6
and 350z's
Old Dec 29, 2007, 06:08 PM
Evolved Member

What kind of car are you looking for? Seems like a very VERY wide range if you don't narrow it down, and it looks like all you want is a car and not an SUV/Truck as far as narrowing it down goes...

AWD, 4 door, coupe, sporty, luxurious, RWD, FWD, new, used, 4 seater, 2 seater, 2+2, gas mileage, insurance, etc. What do you want, what do you need, and what have you liked so far?

If you don't need AWD, and don't care otherwise, I would get an '06 or '07 C6 Corvette... That's what I would've got when I ditched the Evo if it weren't for, you know, the whole snow thing.
Old Dec 29, 2007, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by M1lkman
first of all im 17. i do research but as soon as i have my mind set on one car someone tells me not to get it for some reason. So finally i'd like to get the public's opinion on which car i should get. So any car name u guys say will be researched like crazy(thats how i found this website!). oh btw cars ive arleady looked into are
335xi
535xi
Evo 8,9,10
chrysler crossfire srt 6
and 350z's
17 year old in a 50 grand car?

Old Dec 29, 2007, 06:30 PM
Evolving Member

a Daewoo. A 17 year old shouldn't own any of those cars that was posted by the OP. But of course, the OP is going to digress the notion and justify his reasoning on why he should be able to own and drive one of these vehicles.
Old Dec 29, 2007, 07:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
A Delorean, that way you can go back in time and seduce your own mother. Be careful of the pedophile scientist though and the latently homosexual bully.
Old Dec 29, 2007, 07:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by theEVOdream
a Daewoo. A 17 year old shouldn't own any of those cars that was posted by the OP. But of course, the OP is going to digress the notion and justify his reasoning on why he should be able to own and drive one of these vehicles.
Yep. Save your parents cash and buy something sensible for gods sake.
Old Dec 29, 2007, 09:15 PM
Evolving Member

Please tell me this isn't a first car or you might as well just go to the scrap yard get a sheets of metal and put it in your driveway b/c thats what one of those cars will end up as.
Old Dec 29, 2007, 09:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
y get a car when u can get a private jet. i bet the 0-60 times are crazy...
Old Dec 29, 2007, 11:43 PM
Evolved Member

Naa the launch in a jet's not that good But they'll pull to like 450 or better if you give them the room.
Old Dec 30, 2007, 07:11 AM

wow u guys r funny!... yes its my first car and no its not my parents ash, ive been working since 15 to et a nice car and now that i have the money id like a car with nice looks and performence. Oh and btw i wont justify my reason for wanting a nice car because it isnt like any of you would really want a daewoo
Old Dec 30, 2007, 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

89 ford probe
Old Dec 30, 2007, 08:07 AM
Evolving Member

wow u guys r funny!... yes its my first car and no its not my parents ash, ive been working since 15 to et a nice car and now that i have the money id like a car with nice looks and performence. Oh and btw i wont justify my reason for wanting a nice car because it isnt like any of you would really want a daewoo
No thin skin kid. The experience on this forum is youngsters getting expensive performance cars and turning them into paper weights. No, this doesn't apply to everyone but statistics prove bad results will happen more times than not. We love and appreciate nice cars, performance, and the work it takes to be able to effectiviely drive one and keep the car and own body in one piece.

On another note, who cares what the public thinks. Be an individual and make your own decision. If you want experienced information on a specific car, then by all means, ask. If you want us to pick your car for you when we have no idea what your looking for specifically or no idea as to what your into then people are goin to have fun and throw comments and jokes at you.
Old Dec 30, 2007, 09:17 AM

So you're rolling in 25k a year after taxes at age 15?
Old Dec 30, 2007, 09:55 AM
Evolving Member

Alright guys lol, regardless of who money it is, he asked a simple question. Im 18 and ive had three cars, lexus, ram 2500, now my 06 evo. Im very responsible, Not all teens are stupid with their cars. M1LKMAN.....if you want a nice car, girls love, guys love and you will enjoy, get a BMW. Luxury, decently quick, and who doesnt love one. The new Twinturbo 3 series is beautiful. Thats just my two cents, hope you find one you like.

Quick Reply: new cars at a young age?