Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Stolen Rare NSX

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2008, 03:07 PM
El Jefe

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
Originally Posted by SlowSportSedan
woah woah woah... wheres the vid..... did i miss somethign?
It's in the NSX Prime thread.
Old Jan 11, 2008, 01:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DSMorBUST
in the beginning of the video, the dispatcher immediately asks if the robbers are black/hispanic i still dont know why it took the cops so long to respond
the dispatcher did say white/black/hispanic. guess you can put the race card back up your sleeve and use it at a later date.
Old Jan 11, 2008, 01:27 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by evilution8
the dispatcher did say white/black/hispanic. guess you can put the race card back up your sleeve and use it at a later date.
yeah i think if the dispatcher only said black or hispanic.... it would've hit the news everywhere... esp. naacp LOL
Old Jan 11, 2008, 02:37 AM
Evolving Member

lol at the video
"move, and your dead.......POW!!!"

and wtf??? corona is like 20min. from me!!! a car that rare is bound to show up, you cant hide it. hope he gets it
Old Jan 11, 2008, 10:10 AM
Evolving Member

THat video is F'd up! Im glad canada doesnt have laws like this where you can shoot anyone for beiing on your lawn! haha Gun violence is pretty bad in Toronto now, but i think it would be worst if i had these kinds of laws...Guns/weapons/bombs/ tanks, etc all dumb anyways. I mean they are cool but if people really have issues or feel the need to fight, use your fists and dont be a *ussy and use weapons. Anyone could blow anyone up and you could always have the bigger weapon than the other guy too...it's a visicous circle!
Old Jan 16, 2008, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by IMR-TIM
If you listen closely, the dispatcher asks white/black/hispanic. It was spoken very fast, but it is in there prior to. So no reason for the thumbs down. But I do agree about the lengthy time it took for law enforcement to show up.
youre right i guess.... didnt listen too closely...
Originally Posted by WestSideBilly
Downside of living in suburban hell, I guess. The cops probably need permission from the HOA to enter the area.
you rock..... i know that you know that.... ya funnay bastud!
Originally Posted by evilution8
ok.... maybe i need to start cleaning my ears better
Old Jan 16, 2008, 11:20 AM
Evolved Member

wow i wonder in WI where if hes from wisconsin
Old Jan 16, 2008, 11:37 AM
Evolving Member

Hes moving to wisconsin! I wonder what location.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

The incident that you hear in that 911 call happened here in Southeast Houston. The majority including myself don't think it was racism. The guy never mentions their race (which he got wrong) other than the one time the dispatcher specifically asks.
In the call he says they were black, but they were hispanic.
The neighborhoods are so large down here that there is no way a cop could make it only within 4 minutes of the 911 call. I have to drive 2 miles just inside my neighborhood to get to my house, never mind how far a cop might be outside the neighborhood.

Last edited by TearItUpSports; Jan 16, 2008 at 11:39 AM.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Prosicutor will go after you for that kind of action. He was not being threatened and the neigbor was not home. If they were home and they broke in, then hell yea, GET SOME! Sounds like he wanted to be a hero and use his gun or maybe revenge for something in the past. I'm sure the neigbor being robbed, had house insurance and they could get more then was actually being stolen.
Someone comes in to my house, with my wife and child in house, they better be wearing kevlar. But if I was not home and my house was being robbed, I would hope my heigbor would just call the cops.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 11:51 AM
Evolving Member

That video was awesome. Wish I had Joe Horn as my neighbor!
Old Jan 16, 2008, 12:16 PM
El Jefe

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
Originally Posted by mdsevo06
Prosicutor will go after you for that kind of action. He was not being threatened and the neigbor was not home. If they were home and they broke in, then hell yea, GET SOME! Sounds like he wanted to be a hero and use his gun or maybe revenge for something in the past. I'm sure the neigbor being robbed, had house insurance and they could get more then was actually being stolen.
Someone comes in to my house, with my wife and child in house, they better be wearing kevlar. But if I was not home and my house was being robbed, I would hope my heigbor would just call the cops.
Texas /= California

Very different mentality and laws.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

yeah also i think the old man said that the 2 burglars came into his yard and came toward him or something, thats why he shot. the dispatcher said dont shoot, and he came back on the phone and said something to the effect of "they came toward me, what was i supposed to do." now granted the guy could have never gone out there with a shotty in the first place, but whatever. as long as he can articulate in court that he felt for his safety and felt the need to shoot someone he will be fine. if im his defense attorney i say "my client just witnessed these two bums commit a felony, he has no reason to think they wont commit another. he went out to investigate and the two felons came onto his yard and toward him in a threatening matter. he is old and feared for his safety. plus its texas so he shot the **** out of them."

hopefully the burglars both died anyway. one because they are felonious bums, two because if they are dead they cant sue the old man. case closed haha.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Liberal State

Texas /= California

Very different mentality and laws.
I definitely agree with this. Here in Cal. they expect you to ask the burglar in the middle of the night, if he's armed or not.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 02:36 PM
Evolving Member

wow, gotta love florida gun laws

Quick Reply: Stolen Rare NSX