Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Airborn M5 wreck

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2008, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Trail Slide
I dont blame the parents at all, your A+ honor-all / star athlete / non-smoker / non-drug user / non-drinker / virgin could of done the same thing.

When I was 18 I owned a 520rwhp cobra that had 499rwtq. I actually only raced it a few times & one of those cars was an m5 of which I beat. So lets just say it was faster than a new m5?

Anyway, I never got a ticket, never got pulled over, and never crashed it .... and I have it because my parents trusted me enough to have it. It's all about the head on your shoulders, it has nothing to do with the parents.
I agree 100%
Old Feb 1, 2008, 12:20 PM
El Jefe

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
Anyway, I never got a ticket, never got pulled over, and never crashed it .... and I have it because my parents trusted me enough to have it. It's all about the head on your shoulders, it has nothing to do with the parents.
It has everything to do with the parents. Your parents are the main reason you had a good head on your shoulders. You were taught responsibility and respect for what you had. Josh's parents trusted him with an M5; but they apparently forgot teaching him to be responsible.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 01:02 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When I was 18 I owned a 520rwhp cobra that had 499rwtq. I actually only raced it a few times & one of those cars was an m5 of which I beat. So lets just say it was faster than a new m5?

Was this at the track or on the streets?
Old Feb 1, 2008, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

^^ track
Old Feb 1, 2008, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WestSideBilly
It has everything to do with the parents. Your parents are the main reason you had a good head on your shoulders. You were taught responsibility and respect for what you had. Josh's parents trusted him with an M5; but they apparently forgot teaching him to be responsible.
Only to some degree, its more maturity than the parents (IMO). Sure my parents raised me good .... but what i was trying to say in my previous post is being immature and not thinking about the potential consequences of your actions is what make young guys do stupid things. Like i said, i know plenty of kids who dont drink, dont do drugs, etc but who still make stupid decisions and drive like *******s.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 01:02 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by rane
Irresponsibility, as I mentioned later in the post, can be found at any age. But yes, given the lack of experience at that age an M5 (or Evo for that matter) is a poor choice. Again, that may not apply to everyone, but I think it applies to many.
Of course you can give the standard platitudes of how not all 18 year olds speed, etc. , etc.

However, if you look at the statistics, they don't lie. 18 + powerful, fast car = bad news. Why do you think insurance rates are higher when you're younger? Because they crash more.

I was a responsible 18 year old driver too. Should I have been given the keys to an M5? No way in hell.