Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Evo X vs. Evo VIII and IX

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2008, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
thats good for stage 1 you will love it. and you will see why who at least got the tune say why the X is just an awesome Evo.
Its like you open the door to the racing world , literally...
Old Nov 8, 2008, 03:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Robevo RS
thats good for stage 1 you will love it. and you will see why who at least got the tune say why the X is just an awesome Evo.
Its like you open the door to the racing world , literally...
yeah ive really been meaning to take it to sean ivy, but ive been super busy and had to travel to asia a couple of times in the last few months.

The IX is for racing, the X is my daily driver
Old Nov 8, 2008, 03:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Parikh1234
yeah ive really been meaning to take it to sean ivy, but ive been super busy and had to travel to asia a couple of times in the last few months.

The IX is for racing, the X is my daily driver
"The IX is for racing, the X is my daily driver"
i think that will change, if you are a road racer
Old Nov 8, 2008, 04:12 PM
Evolving Member

"The IX is for racing, the X is my daily driver"
i think that will change, if you are a road racer
haha, i love the AYC on the X, but the IX is so much more raw. Ive driven both extensively and thats why i began tearing up the IX for the track. I guess its personal preference. But who knows, maybe when the XI comes out ill sell the IX, and gut the X :P
Old Nov 8, 2008, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Turbodemon
last i checked the 9 posted better numbers in just about every test. dont talk down on our cars just cause u got a x
i think the x looks like **** compared to a previous version of the evo but regardless of that it is still a great car. the ppl that are crying over this issue are ones that cannot deal with change. The x is here like or not, and it isnt going to dissapear. Besides this aggresion should be redirected towards our rival car the subie now thats one ugly **** of a car.
I think VIIIs, IXs, and Xs are all cool. However, your statement about the IX posting better numbers is 'just about every test' needs more explanation. I haven't tested them, so I can only go on what I've read - so take it with a grain of salt. What I've read suggests that the X posted higher lateral g's on the skid pad and faster lap times. I don't recall how it stacked up in the slalom. Straight line acceleration goes to the IX.

They each have their strengths as far as I can tell. And please, calm down a little. You started off saying the IX is better in most ways, then said people with Xs shouldn't 'talk down' on IXs, then said everyone should get along. It might be hard for for people with the X (who have put up with constant badgering about how their car 'sucks') to be civil when you throw stuff into their face.

Anyway, they are all badass cars, so everyone just get along
Old Nov 8, 2008, 04:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SpaceMonkeyAndy
I think VIIIs, IXs, and Xs are all cool. However, your statement about the IX posting better numbers is 'just about every test' needs more explanation. I haven't tested them, so I can only go on what I've read - so take it with a grain of salt. What I've read suggests that the X posted higher lateral g's on the skid pad and faster lap times. I don't recall how it stacked up in the slalom. Straight line acceleration goes to the IX.

They each have their strengths as far as I can tell. And please, calm down a little. You started off saying the IX is better in most ways, then said people with Xs shouldn't 'talk down' on IXs, then said everyone should get along. It might be hard for for people with the X (who have put up with constant badgering about how their car 'sucks') to be civil when you throw stuff into their face.

Anyway, they are all badass cars, so everyone just get along
both cars are amazing in their owns ways. I dont think one is better than the other, they are just different. But then again thats just my opinion I have just as much fun when I get into my IX as I do with my X
Old Nov 9, 2008, 03:57 AM
Evolved Member

both cars are amazing in their owns ways. I dont think one is better than the other, they are just different. But then again thats just my opinion I have just as much fun when I get into my IX as I do with my X
and that is the truth .
and this goes all the way back to the Evo 1.
Old Nov 9, 2008, 09:12 AM
Evolving Member

and that is the truth .
and this goes all the way back to the Evo 1.
i think im gonna go take my 9 out for a spin. Its only gonna be street legal for a few more weeks
Old Nov 9, 2008, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

me too
Old Nov 9, 2008, 02:19 PM
Evolved Member

i just took my IX out for a spin too. drove the audi all week. missed my baby.
spent the whole day workin on her. adjusted my clutch pedal for better travel (thanks to the HOW-TO section), re-badged the trunk with CarbonFiber UK lettering, went to a wash, vacuum, clean wheels, wax tires, and then .... beautiful day... open road... old abandoned racetrack with free public entrance... now clutch smells...
Old Nov 9, 2008, 02:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by S6devil
old abandoned racetrack with free public entrance... now clutch smells...
Where is that?!?!?
Old Nov 12, 2008, 06:25 PM

same here...
Old Nov 12, 2008, 09:15 PM
Evolved Member

Where is that?!?!?

Pm me
Old Nov 12, 2008, 10:45 PM
Evolving Member

i dont have a biased opinion, im the kind of person that can love driving anything

the new is different and hard to adjust or get used to in all circumstances(except girlfriends, i could use a new one...NOW!). but give it time and the X will be more popular than the 8s and 9s. thats the fact. they already make more power easier, and have better handling capabilitys.

i enjoyed flying around the clover leafs off the highway when i drove the X gsr. AYC is very cool, and with the driving aids off it is as pure of a evo as any other. the clutch could use a stiffer replacement, but thats nothing a quick mod cant fix. im not too particular about the interior, it feels claustrophobic, cramped, cheap and not very sporty, in my opinion.

but all in all, all bs aside, the evo X is an evo too just like all the others, and as time goes people are realizing it has more potential and better build than the previous models, successfully continuing the evo tradition of each model being improved over the last.

in the mean time ill be keeping my IX rs, it has more of the raw sports car traits that i like and cant get enough of.(ie; noisy as hell, very stiff ride, vibrations, no creature comforts or electronics, and a very loud engine). plus ive become attached and love her more than my girlfriend

just my thoughts.

Last edited by chad99evo; Nov 12, 2008 at 10:51 PM.
Old Nov 13, 2008, 08:02 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by S6devil
Pm me
PM Sent.

Quick Reply: Evo X vs. Evo VIII and IX