Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Evo X vs. Evo VIII and IX

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2009, 01:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honestly, I love the fact that they FINALLY gave it a double-din dash. The front of the X looks great, but the rear looks like a kia....

Overall I'm going to stick with the IX until they come out with a re-defined XI or XII.

There definitely are some X's that I drool over though.....
Old Jan 20, 2009, 02:36 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by .MM
Well if you are one of THOSE people who want to leave it stock and keep the precious mitsu warranty...lol, then so be it...

modded, the evo 10 is in a different class than the 9 is modded.

ive owned 2 9's and ive only sat in 1 evo 10 and i can honestly say this.

and i couldnt care less about the warranty. i had my evo 9 mr se sitting at 340whp with only 1600 miles on the car. The evo, if taken care of and driven right is dead nuts reliable. Warranty is rarely an issue.

but for the common tool bag who drives the car to the ground, leaves it stock, uses it for all his everyday crap, lugs the kids around, doesnt treat the car as such and doesnt know 2 ****s about how to drive the car...then yeah, the warranty is good for you, because you suck at life.
well, obviously, since you've only sat in one, your opinion holds no worth. not to be mean or anything. there's been a lott of threads and information about this, including one's i've built to figure things out, and in the end they can't say anything more than hat the tools have made it an easier car to drive. yes, it has it's advantages, yet when compared with another car with similar advantages for similar weight penalty, situation changes and the bias becomes clear.

i'm not biased either way. i'm a consumer looking for the best car to get, so i can learn and practice in it. what i don't care for is a car i can be faster in just because it's easier to drive.
that said, the evo is still the fastest car around when tested by professionals. 370z looks very tempting though, i'll have to see how it does on the track.

also, haven't you posted the exact same thing before? i hope i didn't just feed a troll
Old Jan 20, 2009, 02:40 AM

An Evo IX or X is still an Evo, why doesn't everyone understand that and just leave the topic alone? Are the IX's pissed off at the X's because they got a newer style car? Are the X's pissed off at the IX's because they wanna flaunt their new car? Just get over it and realize that both have their advantages as well as disadvantages. Wow....
Old Jan 20, 2009, 02:41 AM

BTW, the Evo IX's are still better in all aspects than the Evo X's...
j/k
Old Jan 20, 2009, 08:59 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Kinda early to tell yet because not prices on parts are still high, and alot more testing is still needed for the new motor on the evo x. i wasn't to fond of the body style when it first came out but then again it kinda grows on you now i guess. i still enjoy the evo 8/9 cause of how aggressive it looks still.
Old Jan 20, 2009, 06:56 PM
.MM
Evolved Member

i love all evos, 1-10, period

they are all very good. there is no such thing as a bad evo
Old Jan 20, 2009, 08:47 PM

test drove a X. i loved it and so did my dad who will be the one buying one haha
Old Jan 20, 2009, 08:48 PM

but i myself would take a IX.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 12:24 AM

Location: Adelanto, but I work in Riverside and sometimes stay in Moreno Valley.
Originally Posted by Robevo RS
???

the Evo is twice as much everywhere else in the world. And they even sell more.
I think the worst case scenario they will pull out the Evo line and keep selling them everywhere else.

Also i do think we are in depression , so very unfair to compere the 05 -06 vs 08 selling numbers.
the big trouble started i mean big in 07 ...

also the X is achive something what the IX or earlier versions cant even dream of.

http://www.iihs.org/ratings/ratingsbyseries.aspx?id=354

"Mitsubishi announced today that the Mitsubishi Lancer has earned the IIHS (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) Top Safety Pick award. The Mitsubishi Lancer received a top score in all three safety tests conducted by the IIHS. "
http://www.zercustoms.com/news/Mitsu...fety-Pick.html

and besides that after a year is more impressing the track numbers then the VIII did in 03... or the IX in 05...
Think about that for a second

Lol I don't think people who bought an EVO care about crash safety rofl

I rather not have airbags to just be quicker.

=p
Old Jan 23, 2009, 12:28 AM

Location: Adelanto, but I work in Riverside and sometimes stay in Moreno Valley.
I think the EVO X is just going to a new direction. It has more safety and convenience. If you prefer that, get a X. If you rather save 7k-10k, just buy a used IX with less than 15k miles. No cruise control, way less air bags, no good sound system, but who cares.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EVOlv'd
Lol I don't think people who bought an EVO care about crash safety rofl

I rather not have airbags to just be quicker.

=p
Don't mean to be rude, but that is just immature thinking there . You can make the car go faster, but it should never be at the expense of safety. Drive Safe
Old Jan 23, 2009, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by EVOlv'd
I think the EVO X is just going to a new direction. It has more safety and convenience. If you prefer that, get a X. If you rather save 7k-10k, just buy a used IX with less than 15k miles. No cruise control, way less air bags, no good sound system, but who cares.
Ummmmm, I care.

I've owned an Evo III, Evo IV, and Evo VIII, and driven a X.

Just because the majority of people on this board like to modify their Evo to make XXXhp, not all of us care so much about numbers. So for me, the extra conveniences like better safety features, SST, creature comforts (CC and Navi), nice stereo, full warranty, etc, make it a no brainer. It's also a car my wife could hop in and drive if her car is being serviced or something.

I normally limit my modding to a nice high-quality exhaust system, intake, suspension, tires, and a good tune. I understand the modding bug, but I don't have it nearly as bad as some of you.

I don't care if the Evo IX is lighter, faster, quicker, more mod friendly, etc, etc. Because "I" like the X better overall. So once it comes time, I'll be buying a 2nd or 3rd year run X (or XI), once they have time to iron out the bugs in the SST.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 03:45 PM
Evolving Member

my ix mr is stock...i just put a pioneer system in it...now its awesome...lol....but yeah the ix takes more driver input to drive than the x mr does...u can just put that thing in drive and go....so in your case yeah that's a better car....but that's why i enjoy the ix..cuz it's raw and requires more driver input....more rough around the edges i guess...less luxury...i guess that's just what i'm used to since i've never owned a luxury vehicle....luxury vehicles scare me cuz they are too nice to be used almost...scared i'm gonna make a scratch somewhere or something...lol....but to each his own...i know the majority of people in the world would rather have more comforts, luxury than the ix....but if i was looking for that i wouldn't buy an x either...i would go buy an acura or a lexus....that's kinda the whole deal here between the ix and the x....it's like the x is evolving towards more of a luxury type car.....which raises the price alot...the x mr is almost 10k more than the ix mr......the older evo owners liked the pure raw nature of the previous evos....maybe mitsu should make the mr a luxury car and make the gsr more raw or something in the future....it's just 40k + for an evo is getting nuts...i thought 35k was too much for the ix....they should try to keep the price around 25k-30k range...they would sell alot more...maybe have a gsr in that range and have the mr in the 40k range....that would make more sense to me

Last edited by kilgoja; Jan 24, 2009 at 09:06 AM.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 04:05 PM

$10k more?

The MSRP on the Evo IX MR was $35,189

The MSRP on the Evo X MR is $38,290

Where are you getting $10k from?
Old Jan 23, 2009, 04:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by kilgoja
my ix mr is stock...i just put a pioneer system in it...now its awesome...lol....but yeah the ix takes more driver input to drive than the x mr does...u can just put that thing in drive and go....so in your case yeah that's a better car....but that's why i enjoy the ix..cuz it's raw and requires more driver input....more rough around the edges i guess...less luxury...i guess that's just what i'm used to since i've never owned a luxury vehicle....luxury vehicles scare me cuz they are too nice to be used almost...scared i'm gonna make a scratch somewhere or something...lol....but to each his own...i know the majority of people in the world would rather have more comforts, luxury than the ix....but if i was looking for that i wouldn't buy an x either...i would go buy an acura or a lexus....that's kinda the whole deal here between the ix and the x....it's like the x is evolving towards more of a luxury type car.....which raises the price alot...the x mr is almost 10k more than the ix mr....that's nuts....the older evo owners liked the pure raw nature of the previous evos....maybe mitsu should make the mr a luxury car and make the gsr more raw or something in the future....it's just 40k + for an evo is getting nuts...i thought 35k was too much for the ix....they should try to keep the price around 25k-30k range...they would sell alot more...maybe have a gsr in that range and have the mr in the 40k range....that would make more sense to me

"but yeah the ix takes more driver input to drive than the x mr does...u can just put that thing in drive and go....so in your case yeah that's a better car....but that's why i enjoy the ix..cuz it's raw and requires more driver input"

can you explain this one better for me? I dont really know what you mean.

".it's like the x is evolving towards more of a luxury type car.....which raises the price alot...the x mr is almost 10k more than the ix mr...."

Well, the X is so far away from luxury its not even funny. the $10K difference is just plane wrong.

you need to drive a X GSR, if you think that is luxury ride...and you will be surprised how wrong you are on this...
Specially since you are coming from the IX MR line.

Quick Reply: Evo X vs. Evo VIII and IX