Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Evo X vs. Evo VIII and IX

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2009, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
does anyone live in cliffton NY (up state NY)? i talk to the manager at the mitsubishi there and he said that he would sell his silver_sss with 11miles for 30.5K and 23K for my car, now my question is do you think that this is a good deal or could i do better?? i told him i didnt want to spend more then 7k with my car and after playing phone tag for an hour he said that the best he could do was 30.5 his 23 mine witch is almost 8k after taxes... its very close to the deal i want

if any of you guys live in that area hows the dealer??
Old Mar 15, 2009, 04:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just saw a commercial on the tube for a brand new X GSR for $30k. Haven't really looked into the SSS, so not sure how much more those are going for, but to me, it sounds like they should be able to do a little better.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 243 Likes on 219 Posts
Originally Posted by bbyevo8u
does anyone live in cliffton NY (up state NY)? i talk to the manager at the mitsubishi there and he said that he would sell his silver_sss with 11miles for 30.5K and 23K for my car, now my question is do you think that this is a good deal or could i do better?? i told him i didnt want to spend more then 7k with my car and after playing phone tag for an hour he said that the best he could do was 30.5 his 23 mine witch is almost 8k after taxes... its very close to the deal i want

30.5k is gonna be at least like 33k OTD isnt it?
Old Mar 16, 2009, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bbyevo8u

I just googled for mitsubishi near clifton, NY and the search came up with no results. Are you sure its a mitsu dealership?
Old Mar 16, 2009, 12:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by diego88
i love my evo x gsr, but always wanted a ix
i agree with you 100%. but if i would of gotten the nine i would want a x. the only way to win is buy both. I still believe the nines look more aggressive all the way around than the Xs.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 03:06 PM

With all the discounts they are offering now you can get a brand new X for almost $8k below MSRP.

I went and test drove a GSR and an MR. I wasn't too impressed wither either though.

I did not like the bland looking interior. The 8 & 9 may be made with cheaper material, but at least their interiors look interesting unlike the "rental car" bland styling of the 10. I didn't like the seats poking me in the legs. I didn't like the sloppy feel of the GSR's 5 speed. I didn't care for the MRs flappy paddles and cared even less for its "automatic" sports mode. They both have a nice amount of power, but its too linear. It feels waaaay too smooth and boring compared to the aggressive punch of my 9.

However if I was going to get an X, I would definitely prefer the MR over the GSR.

Last edited by helli0n; Mar 16, 2009 at 03:08 PM.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 03:10 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, sorry to say I'd rather have the STI. Have you test driven one?
Old Mar 16, 2009, 09:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CatalystGod
I just googled for mitsubishi near clifton, NY and the search came up with no results. Are you sure its a mitsu dealership?
otto mitsubishi
Old Mar 16, 2009, 10:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by number 8
Yeah, sorry to say I'd rather have the STI. Have you test driven one?
lol can i admit that i love the new sti's.. i know they're all not that fast and what not.. but they're still very capable, quick etc.. great for a family. lots of nifty little electronics, and hatchbacks are hot..
and japan's sti engine is really nice

has anyone been checking out the new acd flash development for the ix? looks promising
Old Mar 17, 2009, 09:07 AM
Evolved Member

Its such a tight little ride. It looks so nimble and like a rally- based car should.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 02:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kyooch
lol can i admit that i love the new sti's.. i know they're all not that fast and what not.. but they're still very capable, quick etc.. great for a family. lots of nifty little electronics, and hatchbacks are hot..
and japan's sti engine is really nice

has anyone been checking out the new acd flash development for the ix? looks promising
nah i havent, however do tell more about this...
Old Mar 17, 2009, 03:30 PM

i gotta say i hate the look of the new STi's then again i hate the old look also. The old was too boring and the new is hatchback. i hateee hatchbacks no matter what car
Old Mar 17, 2009, 09:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Aar0nsite
nah i havent, however do tell more about this...
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...available.html

This, plus geometry bushings, plus tre rear diff and properly set up suspension = a very potent CT9A
Old Mar 18, 2009, 03:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
as i heard the new STI rear collepsing under heavy load. Like when you do stickier tires and coilovers , and you are road racing with heavy turns.
Plus the blown engine even before the first oil change... Yes its under warranty, but what they will swap with the blown engine? Another 08 Sti engine...
ETC.

As much as like the new STI look in white, i would very worry about race that car. And there are many good reason for that.

The X is a mile a head that 08 STI.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 03:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by kyooch
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...available.html

This, plus geometry bushings, plus tre rear diff and properly set up suspension = a very potent CT9A
Many car become very potent with those mods. Even without the ACD...

Quick Reply: Evo X vs. Evo VIII and IX