Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Evo X vs. Evo VIII and IX

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2009, 05:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Have you driven an IX MR? I drove a X GSR and didn't really like it. :/
Old Dec 28, 2009, 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I'd stay in the X, but I also own an 8 I find myself driving the X a whole hell of a lot more.

What's your end game goal? How strapped for cash are you? I can't imagine a scenario where you'll end up NOT losing some money trading an X in for a 9, especially with mods already done to it, but if it'd lower your monthly payment, might well be worth it for you.

Since I know nothing of your financial situation, my personal opinion would be to keep the X; it's a better car in my mind, for my goals. However, if your goal is "the quickest possible 1/4 mile time", then I'd think the 9 would be a much better option.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hotdog
I can't imagine a scenario where you'll end up NOT losing some money trading an X in for a 9
Bingo. IX's are pretty pricey so you'll save a few K tops and have the unknown of the IX's history. I love IX's too though!
Old Dec 28, 2009, 05:24 PM

I want an out of the box tuner friendly insanely fast affordable daily driver with endless potential........and fun to drive
Old Dec 28, 2009, 05:31 PM
Evolved Member

I have had an IX and I now have an X. I liked the rawness of my IX, but after I got my X tuned I was very happy with it. The X is proving to make some great power and makes a better DD IMO.

Boith are great cars, it's a tough decision. I would stay in your X.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

From the information you provided it doesn't seem like a good idea. I don't understand the rationale. Please explain.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
the evo x are not that bad of course way more pricey. I would have thought before you got the X and you saw how much a month it would be you would have considered something else. If you can sell your X might be better as trade in price will be low. you dont want to be hugely upside down there your def stuck in whatever car you get
Old Dec 28, 2009, 05:36 PM

Its all in the eye of the beholder...if ya really have to do it for financial reasons then it makes sense.. There is nothing wrong with the X. I loved havin an VIII but, its time to move on.

Originally Posted by 1GTURNZ
what do you guys think? stay in the X or go for the 9 MR.... could lower my monthly payment...... tuned MR is unˈquestionably a bad a$$ EVO!!

some may say better then the X will ever be! <---------Really? Can't say I agree with that statement.

06 MR grey 37k miles on it ..bone stock

my car 08 gsr 24k miles .... some mods......
Old Dec 28, 2009, 05:41 PM
Evolved Member

I want an out of the box tuner friendly insanely fast affordable daily driver with endless potential........and fun to drive
You already have one.

Not to pry, but is it simply a financial issue right now? If the savings of the 9 per month will make you more comfortable than what you're currently paying on the 10, any of the added benefits of the 10's DD, AYC, ASC, etc, etc, is pretty much worthless if you're eating Ramen to make the payments.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 05:50 PM

Sounds like your just more interested in saving some money on a monthly payment is just so you can modify a IX? correct me if I'm wrong? This doesn't sound like your really financial distressed.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 05:54 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
I thought about this hard recently. I want a white IX MR closest to stock possible with low miles. I drove my friend's IX, and I really love both cars a lot. They are very different, though, and there are things I value more about each.

In the end, I could not find a IX that is nearly as clean as my car for low money. I have 7200 miles and 0%. Even if I gave up my car and got the IX and 6k in return, I'd only drop $120 a month to add another full year on and pay interest? When I thought it like this, screw that, only 4 years left on this car.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
if financially help you and you need that help , then do it.
Dont drive a car it makes you straggle. Takes away all the fun.

Rob
Old Dec 28, 2009, 06:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BOO, you make us x guys look bad. lol
Old Dec 28, 2009, 06:17 PM

doesn't make sense. you want to trade and get the IX for "financial" reasons but you are just going to end up modding the IX. so you will loose money off the trade then loose even more money possibly modding a IX AND you are going back in time to get a IX w/ 37k unpredictable miles on it. But if its for "financial" reasons then i guess go for it, what ever helps you sleep at night.

A Newb's $.02
Old Dec 28, 2009, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

Your judgment seems clouded. What you want you already possess. The Evo X is an out of the box tuner friendly insanely fast affordable daily drive with untapped potential (at this point)....and fun to drive. The performance is documented and the Evo X is one of the best handling sedans in the world. The Evo X has tremendous upside. It's early on and that is an easy observation. At the end of the day, it's your decision. Do what works for you.

Quick Reply: Evo X vs. Evo VIII and IX