Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Evo X vs. Evo VIII and IX

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2010, 07:26 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sinister_X
Man, I am sorry to have to bring out the crap spewing from the Evo IX owners, but it seems you guys are still stuck in the past. All the while X owners answered with more more rationale. If you are going to voice your opinion, don't base it off you own personal preference just because you happen to own one. I personally advise to drive them both and then make your choice. Both are great cars.
+10000000000000

Could not of said it better, and I own a ix mr
Old Oct 2, 2010, 07:31 PM
Evolving Member

i personally love my 9 but the X anre starting to grow on me quite a bit, clean 9 are always a plus to come by tho
Old Oct 2, 2010, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sinister_X
Man, I am sorry to have to bring out the crap spewing from the Evo IX owners, but it seems you guys are still stuck in the past. All the while X owners answered with more more rationale. If you are going to voice your opinion, don't base it off you own personal preference just because you happen to own one. I personally advise to drive them both and then make your choice. Both are great cars.
It's just an inferiority complex. They own a dated car that's been replaced by a better looking, safer, batter handling car. No different than any other car forums. People will always defend what they own even if they know the other car is better.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 08:12 PM
Evolving Member

if you want a fast street car and highway car buy the evo 9.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 08:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by heavyD
It's just an inferiority complex. They own a dated car that's been replaced by a better looking, safer, batter handling car. No different than any other car forums. People will always defend what they own even if they know the other car is better.
i love the x and i love my car the 9, the 9 IN MY OPINION is a better looking car, now i know the x is newer and in some ways a better car, but there is nothing wrong with people being satisfied with thier car, yes some people on here have a so called "inferiority" complex but thats because the the previous evo has been unchanged for such a long time that it will take people some time to fully appreciate the new model!!! and it goes both ways, alot of evo X owners are so stuck up about their car. Im not gonna lie, i love both and can see my self owning a evo x gsr in the future!!
Old Oct 2, 2010, 09:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by egydude15
i love the x and i love my car the 9, the 9 IN MY OPINION is a better looking car, now i know the x is newer and in some ways a better car, but there is nothing wrong with people being satisfied with thier car, yes some people on here have a so called "inferiority" complex but thats because the the previous evo has been unchanged for such a long time that it will take people some time to fully appreciate the new model!!! and it goes both ways, alot of evo X owners are so stuck up about their car. Im not gonna lie, i love both and can see my self owning a evo x gsr in the future!!
I guess there are people out there in the world that find fat people sexy.

Yeah your opinion 9 is a better looking car and that’s fair it's your opinion. Although I have never read one magazine where someone referred to an EVO as a good looking car until the X's came out. So at least from a professional journalists point of views EVO X's > IX's looks wise.

http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/ca...2839689Km44BQt

Lol here is a 5th gear video pitting evo VI vs IX and in the video she calls evo IX softer and it turns out a slower time than the evo VI. Sound familiar? (except the part about being slower around the track since X's actually are quicker than the IX's)

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...evo-9-a-2.html

Another thread same forum from 5 years ago pitting VIII vs IX. Funny thing is one guy posts that the mivec will be a big crutch for the tunners, another guys posts that the IX's interior will be "classier". Hater gonna hate emma right?

Last edited by EvilRob; Oct 2, 2010 at 10:05 PM.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 10:03 PM
Evolved Member

It's personal preference. I own a IX and love it. I think the X's are just a bit too much for me. lol
Old Oct 2, 2010, 10:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You're every bit as bad as the people you're bashing.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 10:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 243 Likes on 219 Posts
this thread is headed straight to lock or merge with viii/ix vs x
Old Oct 2, 2010, 10:13 PM
Evolved Member

Not to start anything, but I'd have to disagree with the looks. The IX looks much better. The X has too much gaps in the body design. It looks incomplete. =/
Old Oct 2, 2010, 10:14 PM

i just think we should all be one big happy family!
Old Oct 2, 2010, 10:17 PM
Evolved Member

The X is a bigger car. If you plan on having the car and a family, the X is the way to go. If it is just you, get the one you like the best. To me the IX has a much poorer interior. The more I run into IIIX and IX cars, the boxier they look and they are starting to show their age. However, done up they are still killer in all regards. The X is a better daily IMO also. Good luck.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 11:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4G63punk
Not to start anything, but I'd have to disagree with the looks. The IX looks much better. The X has too much gaps in the body design. It looks incomplete. =/
Obviously it's in the eye of the beholder but the X has the advantage of being based on the first base lancer that doesn't look terrible. It doesn't have nor need nearly as many boy racer add-ons to look good. The IX has that narrow, tall box look that looked ten years outdated even when it was new. Let's face it Mitsubishi got it right on the VII and then it was all downhill on that body style after.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 11:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Blitz
You're every bit as bad as the people you're bashing.
Why better handling, safer, better looking (arguably) is more factual than an IX owner calling the X a boat. I'm not bashing IX owners as I said before it's the way it is with every manufacturer when the new models come out. Owners of the outgoing model like to crow how much the new car is too heavy, ugly, not as raw, etc. Go to a Subaru forum and take a look the GD owners that call the GR's ugly, and less raw (sounds familiar) but the truth is that the GD was a hideous car no matter what year and the GR while certainly not perfect at least doesn't look like a 12 year old's wet dream with massive hood scoops and spoilers (well at least until the regrettable 2011 sedan and it's back to the 90's spoiler). We can't all be kids forever.

Last edited by heavyD; Oct 2, 2010 at 11:30 PM.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 11:32 PM
Evolving Member

By the looks of how some people are modding their older evos its beginning to look like the evo viii and IX are becoming the new 1 gen and 2 gen eclipse. It seems that people who are picking these cars for dirt cheap are ricing the crap out of them and doing ****ty jobs and mods!! Now this does not go for all of you ix and viii owners but holy crap i am beginning to see a lot of riced out older gen evos.

Quick Reply: Evo X vs. Evo VIII and IX