Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Evo X vs. Evo VIII and IX

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2011, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you got in a wreck and got child was hurt, regardless of an evo 8 or an evoX... Wouldn't you at least be able to live with yourself a little better knowing you went with a car that at least gave them the better chance?
Old Apr 19, 2011, 09:34 AM

I cant remember for sure but I think the X has more room in the back for a car seat. I know that was one of my factors switching from STIs to the Evo
Old Apr 19, 2011, 10:01 AM
Evolving Member

Don't forget about the lack of trunk space in the Evo X. You may be able to fit a stroller as long as it's not one of those ridiculously huge suv strollers.

You may also want to consider a 2006 + Legacy Gt (turbo AWD) and i believe the have a 5 star crash rating.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 10:13 AM
Evolving Member

Bigger, heavier, and more room for family would make it seem like the X is the way to go. Trunk is limited but you'll just learn to compromise. The IX is def a more raw styled evo but is smaller and lighter. If safety is your main factor in your decision, the X is probably your best bet. But like stated before, if safety is your main concern, a SUV would probably be your best bet (I would never suggest you buy a minivan!) Good luck with your decision! Post pics with whatever (evo) you pick.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 10:26 AM
Evolving Member

Mass may allow for more crumple zone and strength but you also lose agility. An SUV is more likely to roll over and may not be able to manuver to avoid an accident like a car would. Also SUV driving enjoyment typically which seems to have some importance if looking at Evo

Stats and reports seem to go either way:

http://www.thetorquereport.com/2007/...n_regular.html

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0...uv_safety.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/...n1174072.shtml
Old Apr 19, 2011, 11:58 AM

had an IX SE and got rid of it becasue baby on the way. Got X MR-Touring and its much better for ride/noise/smooth powr delivery. It's a better trim level though but still, very much different car and better for the children IMO.

Until you try to fit a stroller in the trunk...dropped a napkin in the trunk and now its completely full, lol
Old Apr 19, 2011, 12:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
for family and safety on public road , EVo X. and that is many reasons for that.
Body structure, 7 airbags ,etc.

End of the day both is an Evo , so you have to decide more or less safety.

Any other category , wont matter what a a blind fanatics say, specially in performance wise wont matter.

Rob
Old Apr 19, 2011, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by icrnk
Don't forget about the lack of trunk space in the Evo X. You may be able to fit a stroller as long as it's not one of those ridiculously huge suv strollers.

You may also want to consider a 2006 + Legacy Gt (turbo AWD) and i believe the have a 5 star crash rating.
Great point, I was going to flame away about how much better the X is, but my wife went grocery shopping and filled up the trunk and backseat so it is not the best grocery getter. But she got there in style
Old Apr 19, 2011, 12:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 2011MR_Lover
Great point, I was going to flame away about how much better the X is, but my wife went grocery shopping and filled up the trunk and backseat so it is not the best grocery getter. But she got there in style
It is the better choice if there is a second car with more space is available due to the safety improvements on the X over the IX. Remember, having loose items inside the car reduces the safety aspect in a collision as these items then become flying debris in the cabin. Just have to think ahead on what trips will require.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 12:41 PM
Evolving Member

You can consider the Acura MDX. It handles very well for an SUV, safe, reliable, and easy to maintain. Overall excellent for families and easy to load baby seats.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 12:58 PM
Evolving Member

Too bad the ralliart hatch doesn't come in
Old Apr 19, 2011, 05:03 PM
Evolving Member

I have an X. I heard many times a IX is faster than X. I test drove a IX before getting my X but I didn't like its interior. I think IX and older's interior have dated design. X has a way better interior design. Give and take buddy.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 05:24 PM
Evolving Member

08+ is more suitable for family car. The features are better and more comforable.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 05:51 PM

The IX is more raw and truly stands to the original appeal of what an EVO should be. That said, the X is more refined and works better stock vs. stock in every way. I must say that I agree with the fact that the IX is way better looking, but In all other categories the X is the choice. Just make sure you can get a stroller to fit. My golf clubs barely do...
Old Apr 19, 2011, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
IX is so raw the X had to win all the rally events.

Quick Reply: Evo X vs. Evo VIII and IX