Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Evo X vs. Evo VIII and IX

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2012, 08:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thats almost a sad story hahaha......stage 2 never hurt anybody...
Old May 7, 2012, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 243 Likes on 219 Posts
^^ totally agree with the mods, but to be fair, like someone said it incites reaction.. no one says anything about 'i switched from an sti to an evo no regrets' because there aren't stis on this forum (and because it's a given)

also, to be fair - any thread about 'i switched from x to ix no regrets' in the ct9a forum would be locked up immediately.

but like i said, i agree with you guys. so old.. who would want to go to a forum to be heckled on their brand new purchase

just hit the ban hammer on some of these guys for flaming, it's not good for the community
Old May 7, 2012, 11:16 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Noize
I'd like to apologize to the OP because we can't keep the thread intact sans drama, so it's about to get merged here: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-ix-merge.html

I'm just leaving this up for a few hours so you don't think I nuked your thread.
I understand why a mod would feel the need to do this, but couldn't we change the subject to Another happy X owner?

I don't feel I've done anything wrong, but I suffer from others posts?

I find this ridiculous to be honest.
Old May 7, 2012, 12:08 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by Hardware
I loved my 8 while it was stock. Each morning was easy to go to work because I looked forward to driving my car (2 blocks) to work. Once I started doing performance mods is when my love for the car started going downhill. For the past 2 years I dumped about 25K into my 8 and ultimately I wasn't happy the entire time. I felt overwhelmed with the amount of $$$ I had into it and felt I had to keep it. Almost every day I was depressed knowing I had owed money on something I didn't care about.

Back in February I had a friend with an X MR who expressed interest in buying my 8. At that point the wheels started turning. I was able to drive his MR and was honestly very impressed and it felt like a very nice car to drive. It wasn't anywhere close to the power my 8 had, but it was a more practical daily driver.

At that point I started getting serious about making a change. I was originally looking for used X's, but no WW MR's were showing up near me. Just over 2 weeks ago I decided to do a search for new cars and by dumb luck a 2011 WW MR in my budget showed up very close to me. I test drove it the next day which was a Monday. I definitely liked the car, but didn't want to rush my decision. I thought about it all week and made my decision. That Saturday I traded in my 8 and left with the X MR.

It feels so good to get into a car that you enjoy. You truly can't explain it. It took me a bit to realize this was reality so that's why I didn't post until now.

I'm sure it's a corny post to many, but I wanted to post something positive for a change. I absolutely love the car. It has a 10 year 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. It will ONLY use OEM fluids and will NEVER get a power mod done to it.

There is a lot of WW X's driving around so people are probably sick of seeing them, haha. I'll include a picture anyway.

-Brian
I find it ridiculous too. I get emails, PMs, and the occasional reported post every time a thread comes up that compares the two cars.

Can you tweak your original post to just be about your X and I'll move it back out there for you?
Old May 7, 2012, 12:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Noize
I find it ridiculous too. I get emails, PMs, and the occasional reported post every time a thread comes up that compares the two cars.

Can you tweak your original post to just be about your X and I'll move it back out there for you?
I appreciate the offer, but it's going to feel generic if I do something like that. I'll wait to get some seat time in the X and start a new thread a month or two down the road. I'll be more aware of the words I use as some people are very sensitive.

If I owned an 8 for 4 years and chose to trade it in towards an X I don't understand why anyone would waste their time telling me the 8 is better? It's just ridiculous.
Old May 7, 2012, 01:13 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
I appreciate the offer, but it's going to feel generic if I do something like that. I'll wait to get some seat time in the X and start a new thread a month or two down the road. I'll be more aware of the words I use as some people are very sensitive.

If I owned an 8 for 4 years and chose to trade it in towards an X I don't understand why anyone would waste their time telling me the 8 is better? It's just ridiculous.
Check PM.
Old May 7, 2012, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

If you were looking for something more daily driveable and friendly to drive, then what was the point of even modding the car in the first place ??? should have just kept it stock.... or purchased another car to drive around. seems to me you just got the "itch" that everyone gets and wanted a new toy and said Oh the hell with it let me get a X.... i dont knock you about that either it's happened to me a few times as well, but i never actually got rid of mine because i have too much sentimental value in it.

I don't knock the X, but its a post like this just makes no sense, i don't daily my 8 anymore it's garaged mostly now. but i just bought a brand new 2012 vehicle to daily to work and what not. but if you felt bad or strange that you dumped so much into the car why even get rid of it ??? your whole original post sounds so contradicting of itself

Last edited by donmeca2020; May 7, 2012 at 01:39 PM.
Old May 7, 2012, 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
if you want to drive your car get an evo 1 to 6 if you want a computer to drive it for you get a 7 to 9 ,and was there another after the IX
Old May 7, 2012, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by todd6027
if you want to drive your car get an evo 1 to 6 if you want a computer to drive it for you get a 7 to 9 ,and was there another after the IX
lol, you from ireland , you should be know better .. but looks like you lost somewhere...

Let the stupid "computer drives for you" comment alone for now, just look in the mirror and say the 1-6 evos are better mechanically then the rest of them above just for a good start . how come you have a MIVEC in your IV , which wasnt aviable before the IX? LOL

your post is a clear trolling.

Rob

PS every evo has an RS model where you from... and for the rest the add on's are just an option and comfort whis is great for 99% of the people. The rest can by the RS where you from.

And only for that i am jelous of you

Last edited by Robevo RS; May 7, 2012 at 03:48 PM.
Old May 8, 2012, 02:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
lol, you from ireland , you should be know better .. but looks like you lost somewhere...

Let the stupid "computer drives for you" comment alone for now, just look in the mirror and say the 1-6 evos are better mechanically then the rest of them above just for a good start . how come you have a MIVEC in your IV , which wasnt aviable before the IX? LOL

your post is a clear trolling.

Rob

PS every evo has an RS model where you from... and for the rest the add on's are just an option and comfort whis is great for 99% of the people. The rest can by the RS where you from.

And only for that i am jelous of you
trolling is for fishermen.

mivec has been around since early 80s in the 4g92 1.6 given though its now a slightly different setup.
looks like im in the 1% minority , yes from ireland
nice avatar
Old May 8, 2012, 03:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by todd6027
trolling is for fishermen.

mivec has been around since early 80s in the 4g92 1.6 given though its now a slightly different setup.
looks like im in the 1% minority , yes from ireland
nice avatar

Thanks.

And i know, but i bet you have a 4g63 mivec would be funny if you have a 4b11t mivec though .

off topic , but i love irish rally

Old May 9, 2012, 05:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
Thanks.

And i know, but i bet you have a 4g63 mivec would be funny if you have a 4b11t mivec though .

off topic , but i love irish rally

it would alright but il stick with the 4g63 .

yes its good craic alright
Old May 9, 2012, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

^^^ Put the 4g63 in the X lol
Old May 10, 2012, 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by khmerguyx
^^^ Put the 4g63 in the X lol

it has been done already to a X rs rallycross car he got fed up swapping out broken 4b11s
Old May 10, 2012, 02:38 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
^--- Perhaps he should have got a better tuner.

Quick Reply: Evo X vs. Evo VIII and IX