Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Evo X vs. Evo VIII and IX

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2012, 07:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I'm 39 and I love my IX. To me the IX is the last true drivers car. The 10 seemed to really focused on taking choices away from the driver. It's a nice ride but more of a family sports car to me. It's also pretty damn big compared to the previous models. But I love the lines of the IX and the overall feel. I test drove a couple of X's and honestly, it didn't have that "Evo" feel to me. Just my opinion but I'm sticking to it.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:26 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FJF
"Point an Evo down a challenging two-lane, and you'll understand why the Evo already won our Automobile of the Year award in 2004. Unlike many modern cars--even sports cars--which usually have too many layers of insulation between the road and the driver, the Evo has the most tangible, direct, and kinetic communication between the tarmac and your palms, your soles, and your backside of any production car this side of the Lotus Elise. Ignore the silly rear wing, and don't be fooled by the Evo's economy-sedan body: it's a real sports car. In fact, the Evo is more like a Porsche 911 than a Porsche 911. "

http://www.automobilemag.com/feature...cer_evolution/

You like reviews. They weren't talking about the Evo that comes with an automatic. BTW, which Carrera did you have in mind? Sure seems like all you know is a brand name. Like BMW. I wonder which word in the English language best describes such an individual?

Folks aren't laughing at you for having an opinion. They're laughing due to the bases for your opinion. Citing ignorance only adds to the irony. Too, keep in mind that our forum has been a bit dull lately. With that in mind, thanks.
Didn't know evo came automatic. Or were you referring to the dual clutch automated transmission. This clearly shows that you just want to hate the car regardless Mitsubishi accomplishments. You can argue or argue until your blue in the face but the Evo x is the better car. I know you probably feel threatened by the car or just can't afford the price tag so whatever bash all you want and make it seem I'm ignorant. Lol.

So now I need to demonstrate a basis to present my opinion to you or else? Bro opinion is opinion. Get over it. I came to illustrate my opinion on the cars. Not to console you on your problem with the evo x Mr. These arguements have already been covered in the x vs iv thread. Go vent there.

Originally Posted by mrowka
Not to threadjack, but to me to IX RS is overly loaded with creature comforts and gadgets, so an X is a major step backwards. Not to mention ugly, IMHO.

BTW, I'm 42.
Evo x is a step backwards and is ugly....ok

Originally Posted by FJF
...but, but...are the women intrigued?

I'm 49.
Maybe the x will help your situation.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by tellme718
You can argue or argue until your blue in the face but the Evo x is the better car.

Bro opinion is opinion. Get over it.
Contradiction is a b!tch isn't it
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:35 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by FJF
"Point an Evo down a challenging two-lane, and you'll understand why the Evo already won our Automobile of the Year award in 2004. Unlike many modern cars--even sports cars--which usually have too many layers of insulation between the road and the driver, the Evo has the most tangible, direct, and kinetic communication between the tarmac and your palms, your soles, and your backside of any production car this side of the Lotus Elise. Ignore the silly rear wing, and don't be fooled by the Evo's economy-sedan body: it's a real sports car. In fact, the Evo is more like a Porsche 911 than a Porsche 911. "

http://www.automobilemag.com/feature...cer_evolution/

You like reviews. They weren't talking about the Evo that comes with an automatic. BTW, which Carrera did you have in mind? Sure seems like all you know is a brand name. Like BMW. I wonder which word in the English language best describes such an individual?

Folks aren't laughing at you for having an opinion. They're laughing due to the bases for your opinion. Citing ignorance only adds to the irony. Too, keep in mind that our forum has been a bit dull lately. With that in mind, thanks.
Didn't know evo came automatic. Or were you referring to the dual clutch automated transmission. This clearly shows that you just want to hate the car regardless of Mitsubishi accomplishments. You can argue until your blue in the face but the Evo x is the better car. I know you probably feel threatened by the car or just can't afford the price tag so whatever bash all you want and make it seem I'm ignorant. Lol.

So now I need to demonstrate a basis to present my opinion to you or else? Bro opinion is opinion. Get over it. I came to illustrate my opinion on the cars. Not to console you on your problem with the evo x Mr. These arguements have already been covered in the x vs iv thread. Go vent there.

Originally Posted by mrowka
Not to threadjack, but to me to IX RS is overly loaded with creature comforts and gadgets, so an X is a major step backwards. Not to mention ugly, IMHO.

BTW, I'm 42.
Evo x is a step backwards and is ugly....ok

Originally Posted by FJF
...but, but...are the women intrigued?

I'm 49.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:38 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Didn't know evo came automatic. Or were you referring to the dual clutch automated transmission.
Does it shift automatically? Yes?

This clearly shows that you just want to hate the car regardless Mitsubishi accomplishments.
I thought it was Porsche who was first with a dual-clutch automatic, and VAG who was first to sell it on a mass scale in the USDM. Interesting.

You can argue or argue until your blue in the face but the Evo x is the better car. I know you probably feel threatened by the car or just can't afford the price tag so whatever bash all you want and make it seem I'm ignorant. Lol.
...says the guy with a lease.

Ummm... excuse me. Those are your arguments. I simply pointed t the absolutely ridiculous nature of their existence, given the topic at hand. You like your automatic? Great. Enjoy the duration of your lease.

The X can take a few years off? Why didn't you say so! If it can grow hair, too, I'll buy one later today.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
newer is not always better, Evo IX SE FTW. It's a real car, none of the pansy creature comforts necessary
Old Oct 25, 2012, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 243 Likes on 219 Posts
lol i hate when people whine about the distinction between automatic and automated dual clutch.. it's only because of the stigma that automatic transmissions have..

if it shifts automatically, then it is an automatic transmission. the term 'automatic' doesn't mean it's a traditional torque converter automatic trans.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by FJF
Does it shift automatically? Yes?

I thought it was Porsche who was first with a dual-clutch automatic, and VAG who was first to sell it on a mass scale in the USDM. Interesting.

...says the guy with a lease.

Ummm... excuse me. Those are your arguments. I simply pointed t the absolutely ridiculous nature of their existence, given the topic at hand. You like your automatic? Great. Enjoy the duration of your lease.

The X can take a few years off? Why didn't you say so! If it can grow hair, too, I'll buy one later today.
Not sure why you keep referring to the initial method of purchase I chose to obtain the vehicle. It's completely irrelevant to the subject. Your just trying find anything to enforce your personal attacks. Pathetic.

I never said that was the first manufacturer to develop and incorporate dual clutch. Please read what I wrote slowly and try to grasp the concept.

Originally Posted by kyoo
lol i hate when people whine about the distinction between automatic and automated dual clutch.. it's only because of the stigma that automatic transmissions have..

if it shifts automatically, then it is an automatic transmission. the term 'automatic' doesn't mean it's a traditional torque converter automatic trans.
Whine or simply calling it by its name?

Originally Posted by ILuvJDM
newer is not always better, Evo IX SE FTW. It's a real car, none of the pansy creature comforts necessary
LMAO
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You can argue until your blue in the face but the Evo x is the better car. I know you probably feel threatened by the car or just can't afford the price tag so whatever bash all you want and make it seem I'm ignorant. Lol.
You uh... might want to check our cars before you say that. We don't need to "make it seem" that you are ignorant, you are doing a bang up job all on your own.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:52 AM
Evolving Member

sold X and bought 9...what a difference...
Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:10 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Not sure why you keep referring to the initial method of purchase I chose to obtain the vehicle. It's completely irrelevant to the subject.
You're not sure? Like seriously? You mean the text in bold - uploaded by you - right above that comment didn't say, "read me, I'm the basis for the reply?" You brought financing into this. Not some Fairy Godmother. It was you.

I never said that was the first manufacturer to develop and incorporate dual clutch. Please read what I wrote slowly and try to grasp the concept.
You said the automatic was an "accomplishment" for Mitsubishi. Define "accomplishment" without them being first to design the product or the first to implement it, aggregately. What, then, is the accomplishment? A ~$9,000 replacement cost and a lack of tuning proficiency? Nice.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 01:37 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
I don't care what anyone says, this is always going to be the rule when arguing about anything someone owns on teh internetz:

Dude A (that owns item A): Everyone knows that the A is the best around. I read that A was blah blah blah...
Dude B (that owns item B): No way man, B was always better than A. B is better than A because of blah blah blah...

People will do and say anything to justify their purchase.

/thread

Old Oct 25, 2012, 04:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by golgo13
I don't care what anyone says, this is always going to be the rule when arguing about anything someone owns on teh internetz:

Dude A (that owns item A): Everyone knows that the A is the best around. I read that A was blah blah blah...
Dude B (that owns item B): No way man, B was always better than A. B is better than A because of blah blah blah...

People will do and say anything to justify their purchase.

/thread

I agree with closing this thread. Evo X guys aren't even replying to the 9/8 fanatics because there is no point. They will always deny the truth. #Lame

Close thread.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 05:05 PM
Evolving Member

I like the 9 more than the X for the same reason I like blondes over brunettes. I'd drive either but something about 9's and blondes does it for me.

You can drive an X with a brunette, I'll drive a 9 with a blonde and we can both laugh at the guy in the Camry with the fat redhead.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 05:05 PM
Evolving Member

Have many experiences with a 06 MR. But I waited for the X and it didn't fail. I've done much research beforehand and waited until the very last year of production. I love all previous generations of the Evo's but, I wouldn't exchange my X for any of its predecessors.

Quick Reply: Evo X vs. Evo VIII and IX