Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Evo X vs. Evo VIII and IX

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by surensm
Personally I wanted a 9, simply because more tuning capabilities and it's just a nicer looking car to me. Sadly, the last 9 was made in 2006. It would be stupid to get an evo that's older than 3 years and has more than 40k miles. It's an evo, it's just not reliable, and you don't want an Evo with no warranty. I haven't heard of a single person who drives an evo confidently thinking it will never break on him.
This post is a crock of ****

Please omit this from you memory bank OP.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Personally I wanted a 9, simply because more tuning capabilities and it's just a nicer looking car to me. Sadly, the last 9 was made in 2006. It would be stupid to get an evo that's older than 3 years and has more than 40k miles. It's an evo, it's just not reliable, and you don't want an Evo with no warranty. I haven't heard of a single person who drives an evo confidently thinking it will never break on him.
Clearly you aren't familiar with 4RETECH's Evo.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Rik84
This forum is predominately Evo ix and viii biased. The "other" forum is obviously Evo x biased.
The way that I look at it is a bit different from the above. This site has sub-forums for the different generations and, for example, the Evo X sub-forum is rather "biased" towards ...wait for it ... Evo Xs. And in stark contrast to the other well-known site, we try to keep the amount of misinformation about Evo Xs to an absolute minimum, rather than allow said misinformation to become common "knowledge."
Old Aug 6, 2013, 02:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I 'm just a CTA9 sorta dude. Hell I would personally pick up a VI or a VII before I would pick up a X. Just my preferance and bias.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 02:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hearing about someone that actually benefited from having the car been under warranty is a lot more rare than hearing about someone complaining about Evo reliability IMHO.

Drive them both and see what you like better. The VIII/IX's I've driven have been the most fun cars I've ever driven. X was fine, but wasn't the same feel. I'd go for VIII/IX all day long. Probably IX.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 04:23 AM

I'm not sure what mis information you are referring to - but I'd be interested in seeing what it is you think is being spread around...

Originally Posted by Iowa999
The way that I look at it is a bit different from the above. This site has sub-forums for the different generations and, for example, the Evo X sub-forum is rather "biased" towards ...wait for it ... Evo Xs. And in stark contrast to the other well-known site, we try to keep the amount of misinformation about Evo Xs to an absolute minimum, rather than allow said misinformation to become common "knowledge."
Old Aug 8, 2013, 04:51 AM

Evo X's have been out for 5 years and the last year there making it is 2014 .
Old Sep 24, 2013, 06:31 PM

what i have is much older, its an Evo 4 but the last time i sprint in a quater mile drag i still beat some latest evo, no offense guys.
from what i think it doesnt matter how old your evo is, its how you know how to take care of them and how to give them mods and enhancement for additional power.
Old Oct 26, 2013, 12:40 AM

I love my Evo X just wish it wasn't so heavy :/ the block could be stronger also I suppose but nothing sleeves can't fix
Old Oct 27, 2013, 07:28 PM

Damn, I love the nine. Idk about the body structure of the ten. The concept is too big of a change that it just doesn't seem like it could fit in an evolutions category.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 07:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 243 Likes on 219 Posts
Originally Posted by Blong Moua
Damn, I love the nine. Idk about the body structure of the ten. The concept is too big of a change that it just doesn't seem like it could fit in an evolutions category.
evo 4-6 guys probably said the same thing about 7-9
Old Oct 28, 2013, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Blong Moua
You realize that it is THE Evolution category right? It's been out since 2008 and has proven the platform on a number of different stages.

Ugh - 3rd post and already spouting nonsense.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
6 TME then 9 (haha) then 5 then 8 then 10 then 7 then 4 3 2 1 iMho
Old Oct 30, 2013, 01:51 PM

Evo X vs evo 9

What so much better about the x? aside from the obvious changes is it better to get an x or ix? personally i like how the ix looks better but the x is pretty mean looking too
Old Oct 30, 2013, 02:05 PM
Sev
Evolved Member

Well, what are your plans for the car? If just a DD and a fun street car, then the X is a better choice since it has a few more creature comforts than the IX. But if you're going for a high HP build then the IX is a good choice.

Quick Reply: Evo X vs. Evo VIII and IX