Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Evo X vs. Evo VIII and IX

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2008, 01:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by DylanPS
Dear Sir,

Have you driven an Evolution X? If not, please don't criticize. People like you are the reason people like me do not like the new Evo.
No am not talking out of my *** here, I driven a 5spd GSR, even the turbo Diesel lancer we get here in Europe..! so yes sir I have.. and must I say it looks way better in person, I have drawn my own conclusions and its all right !! I drove it for a good 1000+miles if someone wants to know..
Old Feb 3, 2008, 01:19 PM

you drove a car you do not own for more then 1000 miles?
Old Feb 3, 2008, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

All evolution are great cars 1-10. they are great cars. But i absolutly hate people who says "The evo (1-9) was the last true evo" Like what the hell is that supposed to mean! WTF. If mitsu names it an evo X sure enought it i an evo! Right. Stop making the dumb remarks like "wheres the 4G63" Honestly we get the point the 4G63 was a great motor and a legend. but it is time to move on. Thats why they called it an evolution! Evolution means change not keep the same design. I am pretty sure the 4b11 is just as good. Just becasue the motor is all aluminum does not mean you can just jump to conclution that the 4b11 will not handle nearly as much power as the cast iron 4g63.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Red Dragon
All evolution are great cars 1-10. they are great cars. But i absolutly hate people who says "The evo (1-9) was the last true evo" Like what the hell is that supposed to mean! WTF. If mitsu names it an evo X sure enought it i an evo! Right. Stop making the dumb remarks like "wheres the 4G63" Honestly we get the point the 4G63 was a great motor and a legend. but it is time to move on. Thats why they called it an evolution! Evolution means change not keep the same design. I am pretty sure the 4b11 is just as good. Just becasue the motor is all aluminum does not mean you can just jump to conclution that the 4b11 will not handle nearly as much power as the cast iron 4g63.
It's like the 2JZ Supra motor. That car was astoundingly engineered. So over-engineered in fact, that it wasn't even decided until recently to try and pursue re-engineering a successor to the Supra. The resale value on that car is enormous and probably won't change even when the new Supra hits the dealer lots. 20 years of work on the 4G63 and the VIII/IX are indeed the last generation of that motor. So I can see why people would say the 4B11T isn't a REAL evo. The evo reputation came from both it's handling as well as its motor. We really know nothing about the new motor, and it's hard to place it on the same leveling plane as the 4G until a few more years of playing with it.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by loosekannon87
you drove a car you do not own for more then 1000 miles?
Yes my dumb *** friend bought one to show me off... (I doubted him as he cant drive stick..!) but the retard still bought it! So I ended up driving it to the house and at the same time giving him lessons.. must I say the clutch is hell of a lot stronger..

and yeah he didn't mind he wanted to see what this thing could do..! and I didn't care either.. not my car.!
Old Feb 3, 2008, 03:18 PM
Evolving Member

I JUST WONDER WHAT WOULD OF HAPPENED IF MITSUBISHI JAPAN DID NOT SEND THE EVO 8 & 9 TO US HERE IN THE USA, BUT SENT THE EVO 10 TO THE USA MARKET FIRST AS THE FIRST EVOLUTION IN THE USA?............THERE WOULD NOT BE ANY HATING PERIOD!!!!!!!!..............we would be one big happy family.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 03:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
And we would all sing Kumbaya around a camp fire.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 03:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kidneythief13
And we would all sing Kumbaya around a camp fire.
LOL I love the 10 and I what one sooooooo bad, but I haven't even started to modify my 03 Evo 8. Maybe I should start robbing banks and then I could get it and maybe a 2008 GTR too! ( Now that's a car!!!!!)
Old Feb 3, 2008, 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
more then 3/4 of us do not drive in the WRC.... and do you also feel the corvette should have cloth interior because of the car it is?

so you didn't get it, don't you?
Thanks for bring the corvette up. Just think a little more about that , and you will might get it.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 06:15 PM
Evolved Member

Evolution: a process of continuous change from a lower, simpler, or worse to a higher, more complex, or better state (Merriam-Webster)
What dont you under stand about evolution. Its about change. ITs an Iron block! how many car manufancture builds motors from iron any more. Its time to move on. Its time to EVOLVE! Every car manufacture is using aluminum. Aluminum is alot lighter than iron. Its time for change. Technology is evolving. your not living in 1992 any more! it is 2008. In order to compete with other manufacture you must move with the technology. That is why mitsu has gone into making advance awd systems, and electronic trans. If mitsu created a car with no change then that would not be an evolution because an evolution is change! Dont tell me its not an evolution becasue if mitsu made a car thats called a mitsubishi lancer evolution then its an evolution. It is time to be more enviormentaly friendly. you hear it on the new all the time. people complaining about polution and global warming.
I mean thats fine that you have an evo8/9. you have a nice car. i am not making fun of you for owning a evo. But dont go around and telling everyone that the new evo X is not a true evo and telling everyone that the car is crap and mitsu does not know what they are doing. Stop littering all the evo x threads and making stupid remarks that the evo x is not a true evo or the evo is crap or the evo is not as good as the pervious evos. By all means voice your opinion. we have a freedon to voice out opinions and belive what things are true. But not go in every single tread bashing the evo x. dont jump to conclutions.

Last edited by Red Dragon; Feb 3, 2008 at 06:35 PM.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 06:47 PM
Evolving Member

more then 3/4 of us do not drive in the WRC.... and do you also feel the corvette should have cloth interior because of the car it is?
89-91 C4 Vettes had a bucks down cloth option I have seen them in person. I believe it even had roll ups? If the new C6 had a 'club racer' version w/ no interior options and dedicated running gear a few people would be all over it.

I left a super rare, hand made AMG Benz to a 250 per year per color RS without blinking cause I didn't believe in a common, tarted up econo Evo interior w/wanna be Audi leather+50lb sunroofs & higher price. You can put a bow on a pigs head all you want but an MR or SSL is a waste of 5K bucks imo. My RS weighs 3150 lbs daily driver w full tank of gas. When your driving the car you got too much going on to ********** in your brain about how nice the grain texture is on the dash pad's and switch gear detail. The new Evo crowd will be ok w/ the X interior and 'look like all' frowning/wincing Jap tailights/reflectors and the tuners will have a ball making money off the yawn inducing, 98mph trap speeds.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 07:16 PM
Evolved Member

^that does not make any sense???
Old Feb 3, 2008, 08:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Robevo RS

TODAY... the Evolution X made for selling wider audience.... and more family oriented more liveable . wich is a good purpouse for the minivan.

dude, no offense but what the hell are you trying to say, are you saying that the Evo X is not a true Evo anymore because of the upgraded refinement such as a navigation system, blue tooth and cruise control?

what the heck is so wrong about mitsu stepping up the evo and turning it into a more DD friendly performance monster? This is the 10th interation of the Evo, and the Evo is Mitsu's prized posession, if they want to contend with the STI and other performance cars, they needed to step up and they did with a much better chasis, better handling, and better safety features than the evo 9.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As shiv, of vishnu tuning said, there really is no category that the x doesn't trump the 9. Better handling, brakes, and with a rough, unfinalized tune the x makes more power to the wheels than an evo 9 with a tune AND a TBE, catless. It doesn't matter if part of the huge gains are due to the car running so rich from the factory, that just shows how detuned the car is from the factory. Why can't you people just accept this and move on. This isn't like a start from scratch car. It may have a new platform, but it's technology built off of the years of experience designing the evo, and it is an improvement. Every tuner so far gives the nod to the car. Every magazine says it's better than the 9. A lot of X buyers are new evo owners, but that just shows that true enthusiasts appreciate the car. They don't have an 8 or a 9 to jade their view. As I've mentioned many, many times before, the 9 is a great car, but the x is the more capable machine. Don't take my word for it, take every tuner and car magazine's word for it. Arguing against this is becoming more and more of an uphill battle for you guys. Get over it and move on. Keep your 9 if you can't accept this and stfu.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 09:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by goforwand
In regards to the financial and performance end of things, I find myself thinking in the same train of thought.

Logically, I can't find a way to justify "stepping up" to the X. My car came new from California for $28,725 including the shipping cost to my city. Throw on $3000 of suspension work from Robi, a new $500 catback and testpipe, Works drop-in, a tune, an Autopower rollbar for the track, and misc stuff, I'm in to it for around $34K.

So the X comes from California for $32,500 shipped to my city, that gives me $1500 to make the X as good as the IX. So assuming I can get a catback and test pipe, tune, and some misc stuff for $1500, I'm left with a X that is equal to (or maybe eventually slighting better) in terms of power, but where am I in terms of suspension?

I guess until I get the chance to drive the stock suspension X on a race track (which will likely never happen) I'll just have to go with the quote that one of my instructors said to me as he was picking off GT3's at PCA event while driving my IX; "This is one of the best handling cars I've ever driven, period."

Certainly Kudo's go to Robi on the set up, but until X elicits quotes like this from those who race them, I'm content with the IX both from the financial and performance perspective.

I hope that the X does develop into a better performer than the previous generations, as in a few years I would be more than happy to get one
Thanks for the kind words.
I have an even Better setup for the X!
2"wider track and LOTs of suspension travel along with the active diff will give the "Evo" name even higher mid corner speed...when we figure how to get the weight out WATCH OUT!

Quick Reply: Evo X vs. Evo VIII and IX