Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Evo X vs. Evo VIII and IX

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2014, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by kyoo
if i ever got a x it'd be the MR or SE version with the DCT. otherwise, no point for me. but then, no point (for me) to own two evos.
i own two evo and i cant be happier
Old Sep 30, 2014, 06:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Noize
I agree the Lightning Lap times are suspect.
All 2010+ Evos dyno about 30whp higher than 2008s stock. The factory tune on the 2008s was really bad. The power difference is really noticeable behind the wheel as well.
my tuner said there are some updates on teh 2014 stock map. Anyhow i dont have that one anymore

SO i got a pro rally tuner tuned my car , and he did a pops tunning for me. SO my car over 3600RPM pops like crazy on off throttle. Under behave as any other car. with 3600 in fifth gear i am over 80 mph just about so it is a perfect cut of for the pops.

Car pulls like crazy. I have nothing but drop in filter and a cat back and stay like that for sure. I LOVE this car now. I have 275's on it and this tune... it is a great thrill every time when i drive it.

for me X wins hands down in any segment vs the CT9A for DD too.

Last edited by Robevo RS; Sep 30, 2014 at 06:21 PM.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 01:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help please.. Thank you so much..

Is this ok with my lancer GLXI 94 model?
http://www.google.com.ph/imgres?imgu...lSgPOF0Avr1tw=
Old Oct 16, 2014, 09:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by jeksquared
Is this ok with my lancer GLXI 94 model?
http://www.google.com.ph/imgres?imgu...lSgPOF0Avr1tw=
I don't think those wheels have been made in years.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 04:33 AM

ok... do you have any idea that will make my lancer handsome?
thanks for the reply man. appreciate it.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 04:49 AM

for my wheels specifically.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 02:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by jeksquared
ok... do you have any idea that will make my lancer handsome? thanks for the reply man. appreciate it.
If you can afford them, Volk Ce28 or Re30 are the way to go. If you are on a budget, just pick up a used set of OEM Evo 8/9 MR BBS wheels.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 07:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 243 Likes on 219 Posts
speaking of the lightning lap, i'm fairly impressed with the sti's results this year. obviously grain of salt as is with these lightning laps, but

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...p-2014-feature
Old Dec 18, 2014, 09:46 PM

So deeply in love with the IX, I'd take it as a track car any day. The X is just something else. the best daily ever.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 01:19 AM
Evolved Member

look up the times at the end of this video

Old Jan 7, 2015, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

that test has about as much meaning as who can push their car faster lol.. except maybe to prove that drifting is slow
Old Jan 10, 2015, 03:07 AM
Evolved Member

that test has about as much meaning as who can push their car faster lol.. except maybe to prove that drifting is slow
this is what they called a real life, not a magazine test or comparison about 1 lbs or 2 hp... this is racing.
( All these drivers are top of they game, and they do push it , and drive they equipment very well)

This is one more video, just to understand how wrong when people stating the Evo X is not a real Evo or the usual BS they come up all the time, with 0 personal experience or even knowledge about rally or even any kind of racing.

Press on

Last edited by Robevo RS; Jan 10, 2015 at 03:17 AM.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 07:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
this is what they called a real life, not a magazine test or comparison about 1 lbs or 2 hp... this is racing.
( All these drivers are top of they game, and they do push it , and drive they equipment very well)

This is one more video, just to understand how wrong when people stating the Evo X is not a real Evo or the usual BS they come up all the time, with 0 personal experience or even knowledge about rally or even any kind of racing.

Press on
lol!! THAT is real life racing huh?

it would have almost been believable as a legitimate test except when the stock seat leon nearly beats all of them.. guess anyone rallying an evo 9 or X should swap platforms and start on one of those

right now i'm not even saying X isn't better - maybe it is, but that drifting show certainly doesn't prove it lol, and it's definitely not real life racing. look up any recent motorsport result in scca nasa, time attack... you're stretching to find results where the X beats the 9 lol
Old Jan 11, 2015, 06:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
lol!! THAT is real life racing huh?

it would have almost been believable as a legitimate test except when the stock seat leon nearly beats all of them.. guess anyone rallying an evo 9 or X should swap platforms and start on one of those

right now i'm not even saying X isn't better - maybe it is, but that drifting show certainly doesn't prove it lol, and it's definitely not real life racing. look up any recent motorsport result in scca nasa, time attack... you're stretching to find results where the X beats the 9 lol
If that's not real racing, what is? Lol! It's no different than any SCCA event. All he's saying is that it's a better comparison than some magazine that just lists stats about the car. Hp, weight, etc.

I understand you may not know who Robevo is, but don't be so quick to disregard others opinions who have done much more "real racing" than you ever will. He's braten MANY Evo 8's and 9's with his X.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by steinvb12
If that's not real racing, what is? Lol! It's no different than any SCCA event. All he's saying is that it's a better comparison than some magazine that just lists stats about the car. Hp, weight, etc.

I understand you may not know who Robevo is, but don't be so quick to disregard others opinions who have done much more "real racing" than you ever will. He's braten MANY Evo 8's and 9's with his X.
lol. it's because i DO know what rob does - that i can hardly believe he considers that to be real racing. i can't figure out if you guys are trolling me or actually believe it.

i bet a stock evo, 9 or 10, NOT drifting the entire course would be faster than all of those runs. so yea, i say SCCA results are more legitimate than the show they put on. or if it makes you feel better, i'll say that the evo x is a much much better drift car than the evo 9 is lol.. but that drifting isn't the fastest way around a track.

and again, i'm not even saying the X is slower, not an evo, whatever - if it makes you feel better, i will even say that the X is the fastest evo of all time - but I STILL wouldn't call that show a real race lol. get your head out of your bias

and finally, i believe these are some real results that DO show multiple times the Evo X beats the Evo 9 - of the very guys in that show. would have made much more sense if Rob had post these up instead of that. so as far as saying the video above was a real race.... no

http://www.ewrc-results.com/season.php?s=2013&nat=44
http://www.ewrc-results.com/season.php?s=2014&nat=44

Last edited by kyoo; Jan 11, 2015 at 09:08 AM.

Quick Reply: Evo X vs. Evo VIII and IX