Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Evo X vs. Evo VIII and IX

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2008, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
And on the side note the WRC really f&*cked the Mitsu up when they excluded the AYC etc. That is a main reason why is the Evo cant beat the WRC's any more.

Remember when Tommi with the grouppe A car destroyed any competitors who are was running in the WRC cars.... Now i think that is why they stopped the AYC's and the mirsu. Because was sooooo embarresing.
One more thing i hate Subaru for. They are one of the main reason this is happened. But they could keep they "driver" adjustable version...
i hate politics,,,,,
Old Feb 4, 2008, 12:16 PM
Evolved Member

what i heard it is not hard to stripped down the X lighter then the IX RS. Good news!
Old Feb 4, 2008, 12:26 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah the X needs to go on a diet
Old Feb 4, 2008, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

I was 23 when the Evo 8 came here, I'm 28 now... I have a 2 year old and I travel 70 miles a day to work ... I loved my evo 8... I'd get the new mr evo x... My priorities have changed and its nice to have great performance and some civility that I didnt have in the 8 ..... If you want something more raw I think an rs version is coming?

And as for the 4g63... It was a great engine, but I don't drag race so who needs 800 hp??? Things change the engine changed... Probably more Eco frindley, cheaper to make and it is lighter.... etc....
Old Feb 4, 2008, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

Its not just the car but the driver. the car does not pilot the driver, but the driver pilots the car. with out a good driver you got nothing!

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
And on the side note the WRC really f&*cked the Mitsu up when they excluded the AYC etc. That is a main reason why is the Evo cant beat the WRC's any more.

Remember when Tommi with the grouppe A car destroyed any competitors who are was running in the WRC cars.... Now i think that is why they stopped the AYC's and the mirsu. Because was sooooo embarresing.
One more thing i hate Subaru for. They are one of the main reason this is happened. But they could keep they "driver" adjustable version...
i hate politics,,,,,
Old Feb 5, 2008, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

Boostez, I'd appreciate it if you sucked it up and acted like an adult. No one cares that you don't like the X. I'm not a fan of the looks of the car, but its the new Evo, and its still going to be very interesting. You are acting like a little girl and giving the rest of the 8 owners a bad wrap. STFU and find something constructive to do with your time. You aren't any better than the "fanboys" of which you "hate."
Old Feb 5, 2008, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Red Dragon
Its not just the car but the driver. the car does not pilot the driver, but the driver pilots the car. with out a good driver you got nothing!
In 2001 he finished 3rd , when the new mechanical rules came in...
Old Feb 5, 2008, 08:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by A418t81
Boostez, I'd appreciate it if you sucked it up and acted like an adult. No one cares that you don't like the X. I'm not a fan of the looks of the car, but its the new Evo, and its still going to be very interesting. You are acting like a little girl and giving the rest of the 8 owners a bad wrap. STFU and find something constructive to do with your time. You aren't any better than the "fanboys" of which you "hate."
Boostez has actually chilled out quite a bit, and has followed mods requests to keep it out of the other discussion forums. This thread was made just for this discussion, so we should try to keep the personal attacks out. Thanks bro!
Old Feb 6, 2008, 09:03 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
can you guys post links where it shows the stock X faster than the stock IX on the tracks? thanks!
Old Feb 6, 2008, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

i think one of those japanise videos they did it. But if i'm right the C&D did something too.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4zJfsxM9S8E

Last edited by Robevo RS; Feb 6, 2008 at 09:33 AM.
Old Feb 6, 2008, 10:32 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by Robevo RS
i think one of those japanise videos they did it. But if i'm right the C&D did something too.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4zJfsxM9S8E
This is the correct place to bring this up.

Before I do, though, I'm going to address you threadjacking my cross country thread and several others in the Evo X forums. You seriously need ask yourself why its so important for you to bring up why you think the IX is superior to the X in every thread you can? Especially with zero experience driving an Evo X! I've looked over your posts, and its very obvious that you are an Evo X forum troll. You aren't here because you are enthusiastic and wanting to learn about the new car. You are here to bash on it. Stop hikacking other threads in the X forums, or I promise the infractions will pile up on every occurrence. All that is going to bring about is the banstick, and I don't want that. I want you to state your case in this thread where you're supposed to be doing it and stay a happy resident of Evom. Its not too hard to comply, I promise.

Now back on to the topic:
First of all, this test above is useless in the United States. The Evo IX in that video has SAYC, and it therefore faster than our Evo IX. You won't put them on fair footing, so all the X naysayers that bring up this video, the newer B.M. one where Tsuchiya is driving the new STI, and/or the old mag article where there was a major power problem at high RPM don't cover US Spec production cars.

IMO, whatever car Tsuchiya is in has a strong advantage, because he is the best driver in Best Motoring. He's "Drift King" aka Dori Dori, for crying out loud! Same thing with all those STIs in the Best Motoring videos, they are Japanese Spec EJ207 cars. Their rev limiters are almost 2000rpm higher than our EJ257 2.5 liter STIs! Very little of what is on Best Motoring correlates to what is here in the US, the quicker you process that into your mind, the more useful you will be in a debate.

Next, the reason I think the chassis is much more rigid in the X than the VIII and IX is because I have owned all three! I had substantially more seat time in those cars than I do in this one so far, and already I can tell this. You want to debate, but you have never driven an X at all or even a new Evo with current generation SAYC. You're coming to the debate table armed with less than half the information you need to carry on a meaningful conversation. So that means you are just bench racing, regurgitating stuff off the internet, and hating on something you don't know. I do know! I have driven and owned all the cars. So your inexperience is trying to overtalk something I've experienced in real life? See how silly it sounds? In case you can't tell, this one of the parts of your rampant posts to me that is most annoying to me. Learn what you are talking before you try to argue against it!

Another point, Robi also states that the X has a better chassis and heaps praise on the SAYC in this same thread. This guy races Evos- and is very competitive doing it- as a huge part of his daily grind! His testimony on this is gigantic compared to most other people.

Have a great day and think twice before you take your fight into a different thread and drive it off topic.
Old Feb 6, 2008, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

this is funny ...
Old Feb 6, 2008, 11:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Noize
Another point, Robi also states that the X has a better chassis and heaps praise on the SAYC in this same thread. This guy races Evos- and is very competitive doing it- as a huge part of his daily grind! His testimony on this is gigantic compared to most other people.
Robi knows his stuff, man. If he thinks the X is a good platform, then it IS a good platform, end of discussion.

- Patrick
Old Feb 6, 2008, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
He's right, robevo. Take no offense, but it's true. You're nowhere near as bad as guys like dr smile, redline, and boostez, who hate the car for no reason other than wanting to believe that their 9's are some "last of a dying breed" crap. You do, however, always feel the need to voice your opinion of the x being "unproven" and the 4g63 blah blah. I have seen posts go both ways with you. I have actually seen you commend the evo x in many older threads, but then kinda jumped on the hater bandwagon with the other guys as time has passed on. I have mentioned this to you on the evox forums, my screen name is evoxgsr over there. I'm sure you remember the many posts that we had talking about this exact same topic. Just keep it cool, as I said to you over there.
Old Feb 6, 2008, 01:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by STi2EvoX
He's right, robevo. Take no offense, but it's true. You're nowhere near as bad as guys like dr smile, redline, and boostez, who hate the car for no reason other than wanting to believe that their 9's are some "last of a dying breed" crap. You do, however, always feel the need to voice your opinion of the x being "unproven" and the 4g63 blah blah. I have seen posts go both ways with you. I have actually seen you commend the evo x in many older threads, but then kinda jumped on the hater bandwagon with the other guys as time has passed on. I have mentioned this to you on the evox forums, my screen name is evoxgsr over there. I'm sure you remember the many posts that we had talking about this exact same topic. Just keep it cool, as I said to you over there.
STi2EvoX - I'm tired of your crap. I have NEVER hated on the X. I have only commented on the overblown up comments concerning the small achievements of the X. For example, taking the intake filter off the car yields a significant amount of whp because the car has such a crappy tune stock. "OMG!! That's INSANE whp!! It's gonna SMOKE the IX and VIII once all the mods are on the car!!!" This is sheer fanboyism and I'm not for it at all.

Stop jocking on the X so much and you will see that I don't hate the X, I'm just not ready to praise it heavily like you are without more experience with the car!

Btw, I don't have a IX...

Last edited by BOOSTEZ; Feb 6, 2008 at 01:29 PM.

Quick Reply: Evo X vs. Evo VIII and IX