Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Evo X vs. Evo VIII and IX

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2008, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ludikraut
I could care less about surprising the old man and his GF at the light driving a C6 vette. I don't drag race my car from a standing start ... ever. Although I laugh my a$$ off everytime I have someone trailing me going into a turn, only to find them 5+ car lengths behind me coming out. And really, if you (and others) are so concerned with showing up the nice cars, then why not sell the Evo and go with a 1G? All the old man will see is a 15+ year old $hitbox right before he gets pwned. As I said, ppl like you amuse me. Using an Evo for purely drag racing is like using a shotgun to hunt mice.

l8r)
Whatever floats your boat. And btw, I had my far share of the 1G already..
Old Feb 8, 2008, 12:12 AM

Mitsubishi Evo X: Faster than the Evo IX?

i see it in youtube so i want to know how is eveybody opinion!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Lii_pDGCkE8
Old Feb 8, 2008, 12:14 AM
Evolved Member

Hahahahahah, my opinion?

Don't we get enough of these kinds of opinion in almost every other thread?
Old Feb 8, 2008, 01:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well...it's official in my mind. Shiv from Vishnu said this car with a stock turbo, bolt-on for bolt-on, responds better to mods than the IX. I've had my VIII since Jan '04 and all I've done to it was a turbo-back, boost controller, & reflash, all good for bumping it from ~220 to ~270. The damn X makes more than that just removing the air filter from what it seems lol. For me it looks like the 4b11 will suit my needs for power, and the rest of the X speaks for itself. Evo X FTW for anything but 1/4 mile...and even probably only once you start going beyond average bolt-on level. And for a street-driven car, IMHO it's completely unnecessary and just leads to having a laggy around-towner. I mean, for god's sake, sometimes I'll be in 5th gear in traffic on the freeway and find myself at 45 mph. Just for fun I floor it sometimes and laugh at how it feels like a non-turbo piece of crap at such low RPM. The X has power RIGHT NOW and appears to keep it in the high revs with minimal mods. This thread is a dinosaur lol Boostez FTL...
Old Feb 8, 2008, 01:36 AM
Account Disabled

Can't we just agree on the fact that both of them are great cars? For God's sake this rivalry is getting annoying!

Last edited by EvolvedVIII; Feb 8, 2008 at 02:37 AM.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 01:41 AM

And this is an old link...
Old Feb 8, 2008, 04:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
you really running low whp. Those are mustang dyno numbers?
last week my friend got tuned by Sean Ivey and he made with , O2 housing+ turbo back + MBC+ Intake + fuel pump 24 psi = 352 whp + 335 wtq on 93.
its an evo IX.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 05:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
you really running low whp. Those are mustang dyno numbers?
last week my friend got tuned by Sean Ivey and he made with , O2 housing+ turbo back + MBC+ Intake + fuel pump 24 psi = 352 whp + 335 wtq on 93.
its an evo IX.
Sadly that is the difference between a VIII and an IX. The IX is soo much more mod friendly, it's disgusting. And it looks like the X is upping the ante yet again. Machron's numbers are right in line with what my VIII made with similar mods.

l8r)
Old Feb 8, 2008, 06:09 AM
Evolved Member

Quick answer as this has been discussed at length and generally by people that do not know. In a drag race, the IX will general win by a little. Around a track, the X will generally win, but depends on th track. This only counts for stock cars. This is the answer...no need to dive into this too much more
Old Feb 8, 2008, 06:33 AM

.99 skidpad stock? holy crap

i wonder what the MR will skidpad at and with suspention mods?
Old Feb 8, 2008, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

Poor dead horse is really taking a flogging
Old Feb 8, 2008, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by machron1
Well...it's official in my mind. Shiv from Vishnu said this car with a stock turbo, bolt-on for bolt-on, responds better to mods than the IX. I've had my VIII since Jan '04 and all I've done to it was a turbo-back, boost controller, & reflash, all good for bumping it from ~220 to ~270. The damn X makes more than that just removing the air filter from what it seems lol. For me it looks like the 4b11 will suit my needs for power, and the rest of the X speaks for itself. Evo X FTW for anything but 1/4 mile...and even probably only once you start going beyond average bolt-on level. And for a street-driven car, IMHO it's completely unnecessary and just leads to having a laggy around-towner. I mean, for god's sake, sometimes I'll be in 5th gear in traffic on the freeway and find myself at 45 mph. Just for fun I floor it sometimes and laugh at how it feels like a non-turbo piece of crap at such low RPM. The X has power RIGHT NOW and appears to keep it in the high revs with minimal mods. This thread is a dinosaur lol Boostez FTL...

If my car made those low whp numbers, I'd trade it in too!!

The X still has yet to beat my OWN personal increase in whp for MY VIII and it will take a tune and/or race gas to do it. By then, it'll have more mods on the car than my OWN car.

Average stock dynojet numbers on an 03-04 VIII (~220-230whp).

My mods:

Megan headers
TBE
10.5 hotside
AMS LICP
Boost controller

350whp (100%Meth @ 25 psi peak) - 225whp (average) = 125(+/-)whp increase.

I still have yet to put: FMIC, intake, upper I/CP, Cams, and 02 housing on my car...

I'm sure there are others out there that have similar whp increases with few mods..

Last edited by BOOSTEZ; Feb 8, 2008 at 08:48 AM.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BOOSTEZ

The X still has yet to beat my OWN personal increase in whp for MY VIII and it will take a tune and/or race gas to do it. By then, it'll have more mods on the car than my OWN car.

My mods:

Megan headers
TBE
10.5 hotside
AMS LICP
Boost controller

I still have yet to put: FMIC, intake, upper I/CP, Cams, and 02 housing on my car...

I'm sure there are others out there that have similar whp increases with few mods..
... wow ...

What on earth are you talking about??? You're comparing apples to ... fertilizer. Your numbers are with meth injection, not pump gas. They can't be compared to Machron's numbers, and they sure as hell can't be compared to what's been done with the X so far, since I haven't seen any meth or racegas tunes at all so far.

l8r)
Old Feb 8, 2008, 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BOOSTEZ

My mods:

Megan headers
TBE
10.5 hotside
AMS LICP
Boost controller

Damn man, you must be in denial. You're running meth, not 91 octane pump gas. Take off your meth and redyno and see how much you make. I'm betting you lose 20-30whp which would put you right in line with a evo x that has only a tune and essentially a cat back. Ouch.

Last edited by Guerillah; Feb 8, 2008 at 09:05 AM.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ludikraut
... wow ...

What on earth are you talking about??? You're comparing apples to ... fertilizer. Your numbers are with meth injection, not pump gas. They can't be compared to Machron's numbers, and they sure as hell can't be compared to what's been done with the X so far, since I haven't seen any meth or racegas tunes at all so far.

l8r)
I know my numbers are with Meth. We are looking at the END result. Full bolt-ons and everything. How much MORE whp do you think the X would have over a very well put together setup VIII/IX? It's called the law of diminishing returns (you even said it yourself in another thread).

Originally Posted by Z1500
From your mouth to gods ears man. 380whp would be great but we're already pushing the turbo as hard as we can in the upper RPM's. And the tune isn't really that bad right now. Some race gas or meth would give it a good 5-10hp right now.

Last edited by BOOSTEZ; Feb 8, 2008 at 09:07 AM.

Quick Reply: Evo X vs. Evo VIII and IX