Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Evo X vs. Evo VIII and IX

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2008, 12:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
there is no denying that the past gen evo is more raw, faster, lighter, and more moddable. the x is a completely different car which shares the same engine as the base lancer and ralliart. i think the x is better compared to an is350 than the ix where luxury is more important. but i would pick an is350 over an x anyday.
Old Mar 1, 2008, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JspecEfini
there is no denying that the past gen evo is more raw, faster, lighter, and more moddable. the x is a completely different car which shares the same engine as the base lancer and ralliart. i think the x is better compared to an is350 than the ix where luxury is more important. but i would pick an is350 over an x anyday.
Compared to the IS350? Is this a joke?
Old Mar 1, 2008, 12:17 PM
Evolving Member

um...no. the is350 is faster in the 1/4 and has much more luxury. to most people, thats all that matters. oh..it looks nicer too.
Old Mar 1, 2008, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

um...no. the is350 is faster in the 1/4 and has much more luxury. to most people, thats all that matters. oh..it looks nicer too.
And the Evo X isn't a luxury car the last time I checked...
Old Mar 1, 2008, 12:32 PM
Evolving Member

but it sure is slower than the is350 luxury car
but no seriously, it has more overall luxury and less overall performance compared to the ix. whatever floats your boat.

also, mod for mod, the ix will still be faster. comparing the ix and x is like comparing apples and oranges.
Old Mar 1, 2008, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

but it sure is slower than the is350 luxury car
but no seriously, it has more overall luxury and less overall performance compared to the ix. whatever floats your boat.

also, mod for mod, the ix will still be faster. comparing the ix and x is like comparing apples and oranges.
Clearly you haven't driven one and clearly this conversation isn't worth my time as you've already drawn your conclusion about the X.
Old Mar 1, 2008, 02:58 PM

this made me laugh..... lately, going to every thread that praises the x or shows what it can do, has comments that are negative in one shape or form.
Old Mar 1, 2008, 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gsrtroy
this made me laugh..... lately, going to every thread that praises the x or shows what it can do, has comments that are negative in one shape or form.
Actually he's correct (so far). He didn't say mod-for-mod the ix will make more power. He said will still be "faster". Being as though the X is very heavy, even with the added power, its still going to be slower (at least in a straight line) mod-for-mod as demonstrated in the Vishnu thread where they did a 12.6@109mph with exhaust/tune. The IX can do 11s with exhaust and tune.
Old Mar 1, 2008, 04:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Sorry to disapoint I just ran a 1:27.93 ccw at Streets with only a catback exhaust..and KW Clubsports .stock tires wheels and brakes/pads .I checked @ SV site and no VIII-IX with cat back and shocks only has even come close. If straight line is all you mean when talking about "faster" your world is small indeed
Old Mar 1, 2008, 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by robi
Sorry to disapoint I just ran a 1:27.93 ccw at Streets with only a catback exhaust..and KW Clubsports .stock tires wheels and brakes/pads .I checked @ SV site and no VIII-IX with cat back and shocks only has even come close. If straight line is all you mean when talking about "faster" your world is small indeed

Awesome.
Old Mar 1, 2008, 04:25 PM

^^^^
nice job robi,

i have never owned and evo, but plan to in the upcoming months, be it a ix or x.
i just don't get why there is so much hating going on between the x and previous generations. i came to this forum on insight on these cars. to some the x is better and to others the previous gens. are, and i doubt bickering at one another is going to change anyones minds, so i continue to have an open mind about each car and i hope others can to.
Old Mar 1, 2008, 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

Very Nice and Thank You!!!!! Someone needed to pull the rod out of BOOSTEZ ***!
Old Mar 1, 2008, 04:33 PM
Evolved Member

Then my world is small.. respect that. I'm not concerned with running around a track.

If I wanted a track car, it wouldn't be an EVO X. It would be a GT-R which will crush the X stock-for-stock.
Old Mar 1, 2008, 04:39 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Very impressive times! We can't take anything away from you and your driving abilities and the X's ability on a track. But, the jab at the end actually works against you.

Browsing this forum, you'll see that the overwhelming majority of the Evo community care more about straight line acceleration than racing on a track. BOOSTEZ falls in line with the majority of Evo guys. So, if being faster on a track (as you seem to prefer) is what you mean when talking about "faster" than your world is also very small indeed
Old Mar 1, 2008, 04:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BOOSTEZ
Then my world is small.. respect that. I'm not concerned with running around a track.

If I wanted a track car, it wouldn't be an EVO X. It would be a GT-R which will crush the X stock-for-stock.
God, you're such a troll.

Quick Reply: Evo X vs. Evo VIII and IX