Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Evo X vs. Evo VIII and IX

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2007, 05:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I HATE the X!!! The body is a rip off of the TSX and the front end looks like a truck. It has dual exhaust on a 4 cylinder, it has gay fake paddle shift sport shift auto tranny, and the concept rolls on dubs. Everything genuine and raw and real about the EVO over its entire existance just go sold out to American marketing on the X. I will sum it up by saying:

Just how the Eclipse went from a bargain true sports car to a chick car, so has the "EVO".
Old Jan 9, 2007, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

The platform the X is built on is just plain wrong for a performance sedan IMO. 2nd the Eclipse comment, thats exactly whats happening - all in the name of increased sales which I suppose is the name of the game.
Old Jan 9, 2007, 05:59 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Blue Evo 8
I'm disappointed with the 10, I think the aluminum block will be a hindrance in making big power.....

I'm keeping my 8, and I think it will be popular like the 93-98 Supra TT one day
the stock block handles 500-600whp give or take... as far as i know every1 who has had more has needed to replace their motor within a year...

i highly doubt it'll be a downgrade...

im gonna wait it out... when i was shopping for cars i changed my mind 20 times before i picked the evo... and never considered the evo cause i figured my insurance would be 500$ a month. then i found out a friend my age is paying 200, and here i am now. looked into it, and after that didn't change my mind for 3 months since the day after i really thought about it. mean while other cars would sounds great for about a week.

also... it took mitsubishi 2 years to get the evo 8 right. i raaaarely read about 05's with t/c and tranny problems... i trade in cars when the warranty is up.. i still have 80k to go... so that give me about another 3 years.

cheers!

Last edited by 4WS Tuning; Jan 9, 2007 at 06:02 PM.
Old Jan 9, 2007, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TURBevO8
I HATE the X!!! The body is a rip off of the TSX and the front end looks like a truck. It has dual exhaust on a 4 cylinder, it has gay fake paddle shift sport shift auto tranny, and the concept rolls on dubs. Everything genuine and raw and real about the EVO over its entire existance just go sold out to American marketing on the X. I will sum it up by saying:

Just how the Eclipse went from a bargain true sports car to a chick car, so has the "EVO".
From what I have read this "gay fake paddle shift sport shift auto tranny" will be able to shift faster then you ever possibly can. I've heard it uses a DSG transmission, and if you haven't driven a DSG transmission i'll tell you right now it's possibly the greatest toys to ever have. I'm pretty sure only the concept model will be running 20inch rims, productions most likely will be 18s, that's my best guess.
Old Jan 9, 2007, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Philly, Germany, Japan, UK...South Dakota (Da Sticks).......
I had thought about getting a EVO X, plus keep my EVO 8 but I think I'm just going to stick with the 8 for the time being because who knows what quirks the X will have. As for trading the 8, never because I put too much time, effort and money into building it into the car that I wanted it to be.....and I'll never get my money's worth when if I sell or trade it.
Old Jan 9, 2007, 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
agree with the precious post, we'll never get the cash for our Evos now but if you got the grip, why not? I personally won't do it but oh well all my loot is in the VIII
Old Jan 9, 2007, 06:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sonicnofadz
I more of a driving oriented person, so I couldn't justify driving an automatic (evo x). IMHO there will be NO MORE EVO's. An Evolution is a 4G63 powered rally car, not some soccer mom automatic aluminum block piece of crap.
amen to that bro
Old Jan 9, 2007, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

I think I'll be sticking with my 8.
Old Jan 9, 2007, 06:32 PM
Evolving Member

I like to think of my EVO IX RS as the 'Honda DC2R' and the new EVO X as the 'Honda DC5R' of the EVO lineup. I truly believe that the IX, especially the RS, will be the last hardcore EVO you will be able to get your hands on from Mitsubishi.

With that said, my car isn't going anywhere.
Old Jan 9, 2007, 08:07 PM
Evolving Member

I think all Neon's owner will fall for the Evo X as far as Evo VIII and IX owners they rather keep their rally cars
Evos VIII and IX are rally high performance cars, Evo X sideview looks like a freaking Mazdaspeed 6 and I really dont like that. Dual exhaust on Evo X is weak and front end id amazingly ugly.

Think about it all this previous generation Evos are known for their raw power and who cares if their drivers are known as racers. Now that I read and hear the Evo X "optional 5 speed manual trans" I go like "WHAT?" first of all Evos are supposed to be only manual trans... the reason why Mitsu is going automatic too is coz they have some big financial burden and wanna gain some ground and attract more customers.

Believe me, before you would not see a grandma or grandpa driving an Evo and if u did you'd have the cops for g*d's sake HOWEVER now lots of grandpas and grandpmas are gonna be driving an Evo X and that's gonna be all normal so sad

Last edited by tYPE-r; Jan 9, 2007 at 08:24 PM.
Old Jan 9, 2007, 09:06 PM
Evolving Member

I'm buying a X for a daily driver and keeping my VIII as a sunday and track car!
Old Jan 9, 2007, 09:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DanJ
It's is way to early to tell. We don't even know how much power the evo X is going to have. And since it's going to be the first year of a completely new car there are going to be a lot of problems. I will atleast wait another 2 or 3 years until I even consider buying one.

1st because I still have 2 years left on payments on the IX
2nd I want them to fix all the problems they have the first year
3rd No one knows if it's as mod friendly as the IX
my thoughts exactly. ill be all over the evo 11
Old Jan 9, 2007, 10:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is absolutly no way I would ever trade my IX for a X. I agree that in years to come, the EVO IX will be a serious collectors car just as a 1969 Camaro RS/SS or 1970 Chevelle SS LS6 454 is today. The curent EVO platform will go down in history as being a stellar performance machine that made even the most prestigous sports cars in the world nervous on a racetrack (remember the TopGear episode with the FQ400 and the Lamborghini). IMHO, to trade the IX for a X is willingly giving up a piece of automotive history. The X may turn out to be a great car but a raw, 4G63 powered, rally inspired terror it will never be. A collector car is a car that made a bold statement in it's day and still continues to do so decades after - I see the EVO I - IX being that kind of car, the EVO IX especially since it's going to be the last of the true bloodline.
Old Jan 9, 2007, 10:10 PM
Account Disabled

no trade, maybe buy the X in addition to the 8...
Old Jan 9, 2007, 10:34 PM
Former Sponsor

How Many of you will trade.....

I dont think anybodys said it yet, but Good question.

Keep the 8 forever, by a X as an extra driver, do no mods and let any issues that come up have Mits deal with it. Still really need to see it person.

Quick Reply: Evo X vs. Evo VIII and IX