Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Evo X vs. Evo VIII and IX

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2008, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DRAG
Is this thread serious?

Just to toss in my $.39...from a little real world back to back, unfortunately not on a road course until they open here.

Last weekend it was warm and sunny here so I decided to do a little comparing of my own on some twisty roads. So I took my X through one of my favorite sets, then went home and got my VIII and took it through the same set with the same enthusiasm. The VIII's power comes on much more abruptly and carries all the way to 7000 (but I have cams in that car), but it doesn't have the lower RPM grunt that the X has. With the ASC turned off in the X, I was able to run 100% full throttle, ***** to walls, head slamming against the window through every turn. The same set in the VIII was an *** puckering experience as I had to fight understeer and lateral slide with turn entry and the gas pedal. The brakes are in no way equal, the roadholding is not equal, and there is no way in hell that the VIII could keep up through the same set of turns, and it certainly can't do it as smooth.

I have both cars (and love both cars) and my neighbor has the CT9 chassis as well, and we have done many comparisons over the past 5 weeks on braking, handling, acceleration and anything we can come up with when we get bored. All the haters can talk all the bullcrap they want about this car and how it will stack up stock for stock against the old chassis in ANY handling showdown....I'm sorry...the new car is so far superior in handling that it is almost humorous that it is even being discussed. There are things I love about the old chassis...the steering wheel feel, it feels light, and it flat out feels like more of a race car because of the extra noise, battlewagon ride, rattles, and abrupt power surge. Stock for stock, he handling and chassis behavior isn't in the same class....PERIOD.
This is the bragging that I'm talking about.

So do you think since you can destroy another EVO, that you can beat an Elise on that same road? How about an Vette, or a track prepped S2000 or RX8? Yes, I mention track prepped because those cars need a boost. So I give them the boost.

Basically you are saying that if you can blow an EVO away in your highly advanced handling X, you can blow the other non-advanced RWD cars away..right?
Old Mar 7, 2008, 10:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TURBODAWG
You are right, the Evo X or 8,9 will not make you the fastest guy on the track, but they will make you look better than you really are due to there well engineered handling.

Brian
"Looking" better isn't being faster.

Go to the track and try to run faster than your competition. I can guarantee you that you won't be fastest..

Whether it be an Evo 8, 9 or 10, they all will out handle 99% of the cars on the road today, whether they be RWD, AWD or FWD.
Take a trip to a decent road course and find out.. You'll more than likely be shamed by guys with 90s BMWs..
Old Mar 7, 2008, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by BOOSTEZ

So do you think since you can destroy another EVO, that you can beat an Elise on that same road? How about an Vette, or a track prepped S2000 or RX8? Yes, I mention track prepped because those cars need a boost. So I give them the boost.

Basically you are saying that if you can blow an EVO away in your highly advanced handling X, you can blow the other non-advanced RWD cars away..right?
I think someone has been using their "jump to conclusions mat"

so he compared his VIII to his X. in the same place. found that the X outpreformed the VIII. Please.....tell me anywhere where he says that he can outpreform anything else? or even hints towards it.
Old Mar 7, 2008, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

"Looking" better isn't being faster.

Go the track and run faster than your competition. I can guarantee you that you won't be fastest..

Take a trip to a decent road course and find out.. You'll more than likely be shamed by guys with 90s BMWs..
I seriously doubt that will happen with a 90's BMW, 240sx, etc. Just because you were embarassed by lesser cars, doesnt mean all others will be. I wont be the fastest around the coarse, never said I would but I can handle my own in the curves.
Old Mar 7, 2008, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
So much for no need a to be a good driver to being good in the X.... Ha ha ha typical magazin readers....
Old Mar 7, 2008, 10:17 AM
UFO
Evolved Member

Good lord Boostez, I think you have more posts in the X forums than any X owner on this site. Surprisingly, they're all trying to put the X down. Is it jealousy? Why do you constantly try to prove to us why your car is better than ours? Have some insecurities that you need to compensate for? You assume everyone buying the X is a first time Evo buyer and I don't think you could be more wrong. Thanks for your touching story of your first DE event because, I'm sure, none of us ever thought you needed an iota of skill to drive fast round a track.

Seriously: how old are you?

Oh, and this is just for you:
Old Mar 7, 2008, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For the life of me, I can't figure out why this is in the "Evo X General" forum. When straight-out Evo X bashing threads get boring, let's start camouflaging them!
Old Mar 7, 2008, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LOL you guys make me laugh. Nobody ever said the X will make you a god, you guys are pulling that out of your ***. The EVO X is a better CHASSIS PERIOD. You guys are in denial. Keep on denying it, you only make people laugh. I believe chronohunter and robi over any magazine or person on this board. The funny part is chronohunter and robi's review is right in line with what every magazine review has said. Stay in denial, and i'll stay in the world of reality.
Old Mar 7, 2008, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
funny thread
Old Mar 7, 2008, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Because I've conversed with some X owners who think they will be fast around turns... so I assume many more think the same.. I just want to get this experience out there to them so they can avoid the humiliation later..

Why do you even post? What the sense of saying some people "think" they are fast or will be fast or want to be fast.

Especially from someone who hasn't had enough seat time in an X, nor ran one at an event. What are you saying exactly with 0 experience to back yourself up? And even then, EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT.

POINTLESS!
Old Mar 7, 2008, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by UFO
Good lord Boostez, I think you have more posts in the X forums than any X owner on this site. Surprisingly, they're all trying to put the X down. Is it jealousy? Why do you constantly try to prove to us why your car is better than ours? Have some insecurities that you need to compensate for? You assume everyone buying the X is a first time Evo buyer and I don't think you could be more wrong. Thanks for your touching story of your first DE event because, I'm sure, none of us ever thought you needed an iota of skill to drive fast round a track.

Seriously: how old are you?

Oh, and this is just for you:
Bahahahahahaha
Old Mar 7, 2008, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

Where do you come up with this random ****? I wasn't bragging...simply stating what I have found from personal experience. What is your experience in testing both cars back to back?

As for the Elise, I raced all last season against a large group of them in my VIII and not a single one could keep up. That doesn't mean anything...but I chuckled when you wrote that

The other cars you mentioned I have either owned or driven as well and you see what I'm driving now. Nuff said. Funny that they need a "boost" as you so call it in order to be compared. The S2000 is probably the most exhilerating car I've ever driven. I'll give credit where credit is due, but it still has DICK to do with anything in this thread.
Old Mar 7, 2008, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Weren't you just talking about how the driver is the key component?
Old Mar 7, 2008, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by markymark669
I think someone has been using their "jump to conclusions mat"

so he compared his VIII to his X. in the same place. found that the X outpreformed the VIII. Please.....tell me anywhere where he says that he can outpreform anything else? or even hints towards it.
OK. I'll tell you what? What doesn't it outperform? And you'd better not list a supercar either..
Old Mar 7, 2008, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TURBODAWG
I seriously doubt that will happen with a 90's BMW, 240sx, etc. Just because you were embarassed by lesser cars, doesnt mean all others will be. I wont be the fastest around the coarse, never said I would but I can handle my own in the curves.
You've never been to a road race course, so how do you know?

Quick Reply: Evo X vs. Evo VIII and IX