Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Evo X vs. Evo VIII and IX

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2008, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My IX is still too new to get rid of it, only 3k miles so far. I have too much invested into 4g63 knowledge and tools to switch at this point. When the XI is about to come out then I'll probably be ready to buy the fully sorted/improved X in its last model year.
Old Mar 27, 2008, 04:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
personally i like the X i would get one as a dd. But just a half year ago i got a brand new Raider would be a stupid idea to trade it in.
Now my RS is a away better car for what i need, then the X. Why?
Proven, aftermarket parts, years of experience with the engine and chassie , suspension , years experience with tuning, cheaper etc.
Now if you are racing those things are very important.
So when the X will be a a better choice for track ,then i will get one. But that will be at least 2 years from now. Until i will rock my 06 evo IX RS.

This is makes me a bad mouth guy with no interest or honest?
Old Mar 27, 2008, 04:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Delete
Old Mar 27, 2008, 04:36 PM
Evolved Member

100% true
Old Mar 27, 2008, 04:41 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Other similar thread merged into this one. If we are going to beat the topic to death, at least we can do it in one place.
Old Mar 27, 2008, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVIL_EVO_VIII
why did you edit your post saying the IX was an econobox ricer looking? And the X was a better car overall? And all the nasty comments you posted about it? You didnt think we werent gona see that did you? You do love to bash on the IX dont you?

Id love to see a IX blow away your X when you get it modified Hell,ill come to you and do it myself!
I've been pretty quiet lately on these forums. Letting all the comments go uncontested..

But this one is funny!

Old Mar 28, 2008, 02:41 PM

You know... i just read the last two pages of the forum and i came upon something quite interesting.. There were these people using research about Lancer evolution sales all over the world.. even budgeting and economic regulars. and infation even made it to this thread. to me thats just going overboard.

okey i like both the X and the IX but then theres people whining about how the evo 10 is slower on the quarter mile.. look if your going to drag a rally car.... dont complain if it sacrifices overall speed for handling. Also, i came upon this video the other day from youtube.. it was of TopGear and they were testing the evo 6 against the evo 9 (i wonder why they chose 6&9 >_>) , and the evo 6 was faster around a circuit, however the evo 9 is faster on a quartermile. its all about your basic needs as an enthusiast. if youve ever had a chance to watch a video of an interview with the mitsubishi spokesman, he said "we dont want just speed anymore, anyone can do that, so we just put a shell of safety around that speed and thats the evo 10". instead of fighting about it we should all just rejoice, now we have an evo fit for the daily drivers and another evo for racing. to me im just ecstatic about what the evo XI is going to be like whenever that is..

my only complaint... they should make a manual shift evo 10 MR in addition to the sportronic one.
Old Mar 29, 2008, 04:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kristofer
You know... i just read the last two pages of the forum and i came upon something quite interesting.. There were these people using research about Lancer evolution sales all over the world.. even budgeting and economic regulars. and infation even made it to this thread. to me thats just going overboard.

okey i like both the X and the IX but then theres people whining about how the evo 10 is slower on the quarter mile.. look if your going to drag a rally car.... dont complain if it sacrifices overall speed for handling. Also, i came upon this video the other day from youtube.. it was of TopGear and they were testing the evo 6 against the evo 9 (i wonder why they chose 6&9 >_>) , and the evo 6 was faster around a circuit, however the evo 9 is faster on a quartermile. its all about your basic needs as an enthusiast. if youve ever had a chance to watch a video of an interview with the mitsubishi spokesman, he said "we dont want just speed anymore, anyone can do that, so we just put a shell of safety around that speed and thats the evo 10". instead of fighting about it we should all just rejoice, now we have an evo fit for the daily drivers and another evo for racing. to me im just ecstatic about what the evo XI is going to be like whenever that is..

my only complaint... they should make a manual shift evo 10 MR in addition to the sportronic one.
dude that test was over discussed 100000 times.. that was a hooked up VI, just make sure you know. They chose the 6 vs 9 because both was the last edition from they platform.
Old Mar 30, 2008, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
dude that test was over discussed 100000 times.. that was a hooked up VI, just make sure you know. They chose the 6 vs 9 because both was the last edition from they platform.
haha thanks i didnt know that. hmm so it was hooked up.
Old Mar 30, 2008, 09:47 PM

I hear so much about the X I'm just gonna break down and go test drive one this weekend coming up and post up my opinion on it then. You can't judge a car until you have driven it. Numbers, specs, etc. don't really tell you how the car drives and if you will like it or not.
Old Apr 2, 2008, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

12.5@109 with a 3700lbs car with 36x/37x to the wheels??

Hmmm...
Old Apr 2, 2008, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

BROTHER BOOSTEZ!! Been a long time :P You watch the videos yet?
Old Apr 2, 2008, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PDXEvo
BROTHER BOOSTEZ!! Been a long time :P You watch the videos yet?
Indeed my friend, it has been awhile! I think I'm outta jail..

Yea, nice freakin launch by the X! Camaro was no sloutch either though.. Gotta give props to both rides!
Old Apr 2, 2008, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, I agree. I was pretty surprised by the X launch, though he only pulled a 1.8 60ft. Of course, I say only like everyone can do it when the reality is most people cant even get 1.8 in the VIII/IX.
Old Apr 2, 2008, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PDXEvo
Yeah, I agree. I was pretty surprised by the X launch, though he only pulled a 1.8 60ft. Of course, I say only like everyone can do it when the reality is most people cant even get 1.8 in the VIII/IX.
True true!! It's pretty tricky even with a 2-step launch control..

Quick Reply: Evo X vs. Evo VIII and IX