Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

"Supercars Exposed" on Speed Channel

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2008, 10:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Supercars Exposed" on Speed Channel

Anyone catch this new show tonight?

It has Tanner Foust (drift champ, X-games champ, rally champ, etc) trying out some supercars on Mulholland drive (blocked off).

I just finished filming episode #3 last week with Tanner and it will air on Monday March 3rd I am told. I cant disclose the details of the show but I can say that it involves me racing my STI against Tanner in a couple of supercars at a race track. It will also show some background about Harman Motive and also the build on my car. (Harman does a great job on Evos BTW)

The film crew had many camera angles on me and Tanner and also filmed from very close to the track's edge. Tanner and I did our best to put on a driving show so this footage should be exciting to say the least.....

Sports Compact Car was doing an article/review as well. They also brought out a nice Evo to do battle against my car and provided some additional drama! Stay tuned for details...

Set your DVR/TIVO for this Speed-Channel show, I hope it looks as cool as it was to shoot!

JCM

BTW, Tanner is truly the class act he appears to be on TV. Very well spoken, great sense of humour, and that boy can really drive!!! (watch for my in-car footage while following him....... )
Old Feb 19, 2008, 12:13 AM
Evolving Member

watched the show tonight, it was pretty good. Deffinatly a new show to watch. Too bad the roads were so wet... kinda hard to push a 100k+ dollar car on a back roads dealing with wet surfaces, k-members and cliffs...

Look forward to seeing the sti and evo get out there against a few supercars

What track did they/you run BW?

Last edited by jbfoco; Feb 19, 2008 at 12:16 AM.
Old Mar 1, 2008, 09:59 AM
Evolving Member

Hey guys, I was just kidding! I dont really know that girl.....

The newest episode (#3) of Super Cars exposed will air this coming Monday, March 3rd, on Speed Channel at 6PM. (At least in my area)

This is the show that I will be in with Tanner Foust. I honestly dont know how it will look but I know they got a lot of incredible footage. This should clear up all of the "who are you?" doubters.....

I just hope the directors/editors dont screw it up......
Old Mar 2, 2008, 02:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks pretty korny to me....taking a $200k benz out to an 1/8th mile and brag about how it smokes ferraris, aston martins, porsches. Have them put their money where their mouth is instead of "oh this car without limiters can do 200+mph and smoke ferraris". Maybe it can or can't but atleast show it and do some justice for car enthusiasts. Take it out to a road course instead of flipping donuts with some dumb blonde that cant act worth $hit. Between Nascar 24/7 and Pinks I don't know if Speed could air much more rediculous shows.
Old Mar 2, 2008, 08:26 AM
Evolving Member

I hate to admit it but the first 2 shows were a little korny. (altho that blonde was hot enough to not need any acting....bow chicka bow wow.....)

This 3rd show will be a lot more in line with what I think most of us want to see: car to car racing with some great track driving and a little controversey thrown in.

I dont know how well it will be edited but I hope they keep the good stuff in. If they do, it should be a great show to watch. (crossing fingers)

BTW, what happened to all those insulting posts in this thread? Did someone delete them, thus saving them from looking like fools in the end?
Old Mar 4, 2008, 08:49 AM
Evolving Member

Anyone see it?

SCC had an Evo there and did some of their own testing/comparisn that should be in their next issue.

Old Mar 4, 2008, 08:51 AM
Evolved Member

Nice episode! That viper seemed VERY hard to control at theedge
Old Mar 4, 2008, 03:30 PM
Evolving Member

Pretty cool episode, they said your STi is 500hp is that whp or a crank guesstimate?
Old Mar 4, 2008, 04:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So this was the one w/the Aston Martin Vanquish & the Dodge Viper SRT-10, as well as the modded STi right? I think that I caught the rebroadcast at midnight. I thought that the STi would smash every car it came against, once I heard that it was racecar worthy. I was actually surprised that the viper passed the STi at one point & stayed close behind it, once it was passed. I thought that the STI would have had a bigger lead w/the awd & extra horsepower. How many hp was it anyways, i didn't catch that?
Old Mar 4, 2008, 10:50 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks guys!

It's just under 500whp, still a little shy of what the Viper has (600chp). That viper was a monster and Tanner had a lot of fun manhandling it, fun to watch up close as well!

The program didnt really show the disparity between the cars. They wanted to have both cars in the same shot all the time so they had us stage most of the shots. I dont even know if any of the clips were from actual races or only the staged part.

Altho they kept refering to my car as an all out race car, it is still a street tire class legal car with limited tires and almost full weight. I did run "R" tires for the show but still in the little 255 size required for street class. FWIW, that viper had 345s on the rear...

JCM

Old Mar 5, 2008, 02:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I really didn't care for it...

TopGear FTW.

Last edited by grillpt; Mar 5, 2008 at 02:58 PM.
Old Mar 8, 2008, 09:42 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by grillpt
I really didn't care for it....
Watch it again and pretend it has an Evo badge on it. I bet you will like it better that way.....
Old Mar 8, 2008, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

ya is that the show where they had the 65 benz twin turbo,,,
Old Mar 8, 2008, 01:41 PM
Evolving Member

Ya ^^

That is the same series but an earlier episode. The 1st was a few cars on Mulholland dr, the 2nd was the Benz at the dragstrip, and this current one is me at Willow Springs in my STI with an Aston Martin and Viper.

I hear the next one will involve awd Porsches in the snow and speed skiers or ???, not exactly sure.

It seems the shows are getting better as they go along !
Old Mar 10, 2008, 04:27 PM
Evolving Member

http://www.hpdedriver.com/post/