Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

BMW 135i tested 4.7sec 0-60 13.3@106

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2008, 03:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by mywave
I would love to see a comparo between the 1 series and the X/STi. I wonder if, on a track, the 135i's straight line speed would make up for its handling deficiency?
That is no more and no less a fact. The BMW was more oriented for comfort but with a sport accent, the video that I posted mentiones that.

As far is your comment, you are correct, the BMW 135 is no match on handling however it cmpensates on roll acceleration, acceleration and braking.

I also would like to see the comparo of the 3 cars: STI, Evo X and 135i because now they are in the same money budget tier/category.

Carlos
Old Feb 22, 2008, 10:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep, that car looks badass! Problem is, BMW rips you off on its features. I was just at a dealer today looking at (and driving) the 335i sedan. Sticker was $38k, thats great but guess what? After $12k of ridiculously priced options, 75% of which are standard on most other cars, the damn thing was $50k! For a 335i? You've got to be joking.

So sure, the 135i will sell for $35k bare bones, good luck getting one for that. You will easily be paying well over $40k for an entry level 1 series, not worth it. I will take a fully loaded Evo X for $35k-$36k any day.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 10:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
One of the biggest surprises that fooled everyone was the actual weight, people speculated on the weight of this car, there was an arguments over the weight and everyone was uncertain. Now we do know this car is significantly lighter that waht it was advertized/speculated.

Carlos
The curb weight in that article states 3420lbs. If anything...I'm still surprised that it weighs that much. It's 2WD and doesn't look that big at all. Where are they hiding the weight!

The car is pretty impressive, though.

Last edited by kiley_sean; Feb 23, 2008 at 10:06 AM.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

No, I am going for the C6 Z06. The GTR is no longer my option as no dealer that I spoke will release/sell me the car at MSRP. The 335i will stay in the fleet(for her) or traded/sold for the C6 Z06. Nothing wrong with the 335i at all but I am determined to get the C6 Z06.

Carlos
The best price I could get on the GTR was 9k over MSRP.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
this car keeps getting better and better
Old Feb 23, 2008, 02:06 PM
CGK
Evolving Member

Good luck on the Z06. IMO you are making the right choice. The best car for the money...and it is a total monster.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 09:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TheBlueBlur
The best price I could get on the GTR was 9k over MSRP.
Thanks to the priceless contribuition of member whtevo05 I manage to get the names of the few dealers in the USA that actually are selling the GTR at MSRP. Unfortunately I only contacted 2 of them and one of them already sold their allocation for 2008 howevere they will be willing to secure me a GTR at MSRP for 09 if I leave then some deposit.

Whtevo05 has been so far the driving force of the source on this forum regarding the GTR, needless to say he has one on order.

Carlos
Old Feb 28, 2008, 11:14 AM
Evolved Member

Enjoy your wagon wheel steering wheel in the C6,,, Along with the weak seats.

You wont be in this car very long.

But it must be nice to jump from car to car so much. While you mod the **** outta them along the way.

Be sure to post up pics of the Z.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 08:25 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks to the priceless contribuition of member whtevo05 I manage to get the names of the few dealers in the USA that actually are selling the GTR at MSRP. Unfortunately I only contacted 2 of them and one of them already sold their allocation for 2008 howevere they will be willing to secure me a GTR at MSRP for 09 if I leave then some deposit.

Whtevo05 has been so far the driving force of the source on this forum regarding the GTR, needless to say he has one on order.

Carlos

Thanks for the props Carlos and I'm sorry you couldn't get a GT-R at a better price but some of the dealers are just going nuts with the "Mark ups" We saw dealers in Denver and in ARZ that are asking 125k which is about 50k over MSRP give or take a few $$. I'm so glad that Eric and Martin at AMS gave me a heads up on the GT-R over a year ago and I acted quickly with the deposit and a " Notorized agreement" for MSRP that the dealer is honoring. BTW I got lucky with the dealer. They have been great so far.

Trust me on this one YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPOINTED IN THE ZO6 - The car is a beast and with about 5k in mods right now we are seeing 600rwhp on a more regular basis...in fact my Z is going in the shop in 2 weeks for an agressive cam and header which along with my current mods should put me right at that mark!!

My screen name is "Wanderer" on the Corvette forums so when you get your Z06 drop me a PM and we can talk. BTW what color you getting?

Last edited by WhtEvo05; Feb 28, 2008 at 08:57 PM.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by silvrevo
Enjoy your wagon wheel steering wheel in the C6,,, Along with the weak seats.

You wont be in this car very long.

But it must be nice to jump from car to car so much. While you mod the **** outta them along the way.

Be sure to post up pics of the Z.

Wagon wheel streering wheel

I don't mind the stock streering wheel and the seats in the Z06 at all but I will be upgrading to high quality leather Caravaggio Race seats and D type streering wheel for weight reduction, better support and more leg room for track days.

BTW have you ever driven a Z06?
Old Feb 29, 2008, 10:53 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by silvrevo
Enjoy your wagon wheel steering wheel in the C6
Hahaha,

The corvette steering is sooo bad it feels like they inject the steering box with novicane. I also hate how it stiffens up and loosens at will?????

At least its easy to make a Z06 a convertible with the excellent GM build quality.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeO56-smgxI
Old Feb 29, 2008, 03:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
nice #s, but the car is FUGLY
+

Old Feb 29, 2008, 10:08 PM
Evolved Member

But it will earn its respect on the roads, dragstrips, hwys, road courses and autoxs. This car already has a performance spot reserved in the best value per dollar group.

Yeah, I understand it is not everyone's cup of tea but it has many atributes.

Carlos
Old Feb 29, 2008, 10:14 PM
Evolved Member

damn i really want this car..might get this 2nd job offer just to get this car hahah
Old Feb 29, 2008, 10:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by letMeIn
nice #s, but the car is FUGLY
+
The same is often said of the EVO 8/9

Quick Reply: BMW 135i tested 4.7sec 0-60 13.3@106