Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

EVO VIII or MKIV Supra?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2008, 02:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well of course any car gets stolen, but There are more Evo's than there are Supra's..and any idiot who's seen F&F would steal at MkIV in a second over an Evo.

but thats just my opinion..the Supra is just one of those well known Japanese performance vehicles. not saying the Evo isnt..just saying my opinion though.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 02:07 PM
Evolved Member

thats f***in hilarious! WOW dude, make up your mind. After this long it sort of seems to me like hes a teenager (like me) only hes only trying to buy the car that will get him the most attention.

If thats what you want than get the supra, as for me i bought my evo cuz its... well an EVO. enough said, thats why i bought it, nothing else
Old Apr 3, 2008, 03:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Oki Panoki
thats f***in hilarious! WOW dude, make up your mind. After this long it sort of seems to me like hes a teenager (like me) only hes only trying to buy the car that will get him the most attention.

If thats what you want than get the supra, as for me i bought my evo cuz its... well an EVO. enough said, thats why i bought it, nothing else
Buy the car that gets me the most attention? Please shut up now. This thread isn't even about what I plan to buy or not buy. It was posted to see what other forum members thought.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ggevoIX
def the evo.. supra is ugly!
huh what?!?!?!?! other way around! IMHO

Evo = fun
supra = SIMPLY BAD ***!!! 9's and 8's with stock rear end and even stock tranny?!?!?!?! how can you beat that lol

It depends what your looking for though
Old Apr 3, 2008, 03:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by R1ckyB0bbyyy
Buy the car that gets me the most attention? Please shut up now. This thread isn't even about what I plan to buy or not buy. It was posted to see what other forum members thought.
make up your own damn mind then, after the 20+ threads you've had. This is an evo forum, were most likely all gonna favor the evo. And if your not asking cuz your going to buy one of them, they why?

I might as well go starting a thread on here that says, "hey guys, i just inherited 7,000 dollars. what do you think i should do, start a model rocket collection or buy something that will make my evo cool " i think they'd choose the latter
Old Apr 3, 2008, 05:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Oki Panoki
make up your own damn mind then, after the 20+ threads you've had. This is an evo forum, were most likely all gonna favor the evo. And if your not asking cuz your going to buy one of them, they why?

I might as well go starting a thread on here that says, "hey guys, i just inherited 7,000 dollars. what do you think i should do, start a model rocket collection or buy something that will make my evo cool " i think they'd choose the latter
You go back and look at those threads and you point out HOW many actually have anything to do with cars I am looking to buy BESIDES an EVO... go ahead, actually click on them and see...

I'll break it down for you, those 20 PLUS THREADS about what car to buy eh?

Poll: 09 Ralliart vs. 08 WRX a buddy of mine is selling his legacy gt to get one of the two, so I posted a thread

Poll: EVO RS w low miles vs. GSR because it has power windows? My friend eric turned down that exact RS because it didnt have power windows, I wanted feedback to show him

EVO vs. s2000... RELIABILITY! got into a bickering match with a friend, he said s2000 was more reliable and evo was crap I said no... posted a thread to show

EVO VIII vs. SRT-8 Grand Cherokee vs. E46 M3

Poll: 03-04 EVO VIII or 97-00 C5 Corvette

Poll: EVO VIII or E46 M3

Poll: 03-04 SVT Cobra vs. E46 M3 A thread to show E46 Fanatics that the Cobra would be the pick or not out of the two...

The rest are questions about EVO's because I plan on buying one... This thread is NOT a which should I buy thread, I wanted to see how people felt about an alternative.

So much for your 20 ****ing threads pal. READ+Think outside the box=good
Old Apr 3, 2008, 05:09 PM
Evolved Member

LOL! Holy crap dude get off the internet and just buy an evo.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 06:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so he bought a supra?
Old Apr 3, 2008, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

if it wasn't an auto id say get the supra, im sure in 5 years it will still be worth 25000
Old Apr 3, 2008, 07:21 PM
Former Sponsor

I would get the evo because a 14yr old car is bound to have some issues, even if they're not drivetrain related. If your buying it for an investment as a collector car then that might be a different story. I have customers with both cars and have driven both and I prefer the evo. The supra is raw and powerful bpu+ but its still old and feels old. The evo is nimble, more practical, and bpu+ just as fast.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 07:22 PM
Evolving Member

Wow you getting a lot of attention here.. I just don't know what you trying to get with those post.

Anyway, I've never driven a supra and not planning to own one for
now unless if they making a newer model. 25k to much money for me to buy a 100k
plus miles car. I'll stay with my evo.