Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Skyline

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2002, 10:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
how dare you dont know mine's! well they are somewhat kidna dying down these couple of years... godamn programable systems....

anyways, for me R32 has the old school racer "beauty", and less chunky looking than the 34, but end of the day i'll take a 400R (paint it black) over those two
Old Apr 30, 2002, 12:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is more info on Shin's GTR.

http://www.prospec-ms.co.uk/demo/mines.html

Awesome!

He's a pretty cool guy, always willing to offer advise/answer any questions you might have. Although he admits he doesn't know much about Evo's, but will try his best to offer advise. Now if your talking Skylines on the other hand...
Old Apr 30, 2002, 04:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by okitenik
pjal84 ....what in God's name is a Skyline GTR Spec N that you gotta have so bad??
It was a beautiful GT-R R34 in a wonderful green color with only a handful of units produced. The "N" stands for Nurenburg (sp?), that ever so famous German road course. It was tuned for that specifically. Just a really interesting machine I thought.
Old Apr 30, 2002, 04:28 AM
Evolved Member

HRM I WONDER IF THE FRON STRUT BAR THEY HAVE ON THERE WEB SITE FOR THE LQNCER EVO 7 WILL FIT ON THE US LANCER? ANYONE KNOW I NEED SOMETHING FROM MINES SO I CAN PUT THERE PRETTY LITTLE STICKER ON MY CAR
Old Apr 30, 2002, 04:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by liquidlancer
HRM I WONDER IF THE FRON STRUT BAR THEY HAVE ON THERE WEB SITE FOR THE LQNCER EVO 7 WILL FIT ON THE US LANCER? ANYONE KNOW I NEED SOMETHING FROM MINES SO I CAN PUT THERE PRETTY LITTLE STICKER ON MY CAR
To much money for to be able to have a sticker on your car ...plus, the width of the strut braces and the dimensions of the front of an Evo and a Lancer are different...it's highly doubtful it'll fit.
Old Apr 30, 2002, 05:07 AM
Evolved Member

DO YOU THINK THEY WILL MAKE ANYTHING FOR THE US LACERS? THEY HAVE SOME NICE STUFF OR ARE THEY ONLY INTO HIGH PERFORMANCE STUFF LIKE SKYLINES AND EVOS AND STUFF LIKE THAT
Old Apr 30, 2002, 05:09 AM
Evolved Member

Mine's is interested performance cars from the Japanese market, not an econobox like the Lancer. I'm 99.9% sure you won't see anything from then. And pleeeeeease stop using all caps...annoying.
Old Apr 30, 2002, 05:27 AM
Evolved Member

more
Attached Thumbnails Skyline-mine-s-r34-gtr-2.jpg  
Old Apr 30, 2002, 05:29 AM
Evolved Member

last one i have
Attached Thumbnails Skyline-mine-s-r34-gtr-3.jpg  
Old Apr 30, 2002, 08:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by pjal84
It was a beautiful GT-R R34 in a wonderful green color with only a handful of units produced. The "N" stands for Nurenburg (sp?), that ever so famous German road course. It was tuned for that specifically. Just a really interesting machine I thought.

EDIT: incorrect info got deleted by the bling bling mod

Correct me if I'm wrong

Last edited by Lan Evo; Apr 30, 2002 at 10:24 PM.
Old Apr 30, 2002, 10:17 PM
Evolving Member

Wow you guys are very confused! I don't blame you though....a lot of people, including reputable magazines, talk so much ****e about GTRs, it really makes me laugh at times!

The N-spec GTR you are reffering is actually called the Nur spec. It indeed stands for Nurburgring, where the R32/33/34 were all tested for suspension/handling set-up.

Only 1000Nur cars are being made. All orders were snapped up in 3 days. Production started last month and the first bunch of cars have already been delivered. 75% of the Nur cars were V-specII Nur while the rest were M-spec Nur.
These cars are special because they use the N1 engine and turbines, the same one used in Gr.N racing. This means a stronger engine block, bigger water/oil pumps, forged conrods & pistons and a balanced crank. The N1 turbines are still made by Garrett, but the compressor & housing is a few mm bigger than the standard items. Also no ceramic is used in the costructions which means they can sustain more than the 1.14bar of the standard ceramics. The only thing that suffers is the pick-up...slightly more lag. With very few modifications this engine can reach 550bhp...
Other special Nur stuff is the 300km/h speedo, gold engine cover, gold chassis plaque & the Nur rear badge.....and the higher price of course

If you are wondering what the difference between the V-specII & the M-spec are click here: (written by yours truly )

http://www.prospec-ms.co.uk/models/bnr34.html

Last edited by okitenik; Apr 30, 2002 at 11:37 PM.
Old Apr 30, 2002, 10:22 PM
Evolving Member

Oh I forgot....

Mine's only does parts for performance cars.

If anyone really wants Mine's stickers we can arrange a group buy or something. I go there at least once a month so it's not a really big deal for me....
They make 4 different types. If you're interested in the signature-type one they make them in 2 sizes. Colors are white, blue, red, silver & gold.
Old Apr 30, 2002, 10:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by okitenik
Wow you guys are very confused! I don't blame you though....a lot of people, including reputable magazines, talk so much ****e about GTRs, it really makes me laugh at times!
I stand corrected Yeah, that why we need such a forum, to gather useful info.
Old Apr 30, 2002, 11:53 PM

hum......okey I'll take a blue skyline gtr and maybe 2 of the black one and please I'll want mine to be an auto vooooooommmmm
Old May 1, 2002, 12:10 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally posted by John16V
hum......okey I'll take a blue skyline gtr and maybe 2 of the black one and please I'll want mine to be an auto vooooooommmmm
I'm going to pretend you meant automobile and not automatic transmission.