Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Any 350z or RX8 fans?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2002, 04:08 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any 350z or RX8 fans?

I was just wondering if there are any 350z fans here? Or RX8 fans?

And in general I was wondering what any of you think of the new Nissan 350z as far as looks, pricing, etc. I was thinking how much better would the EVO compare if compared to the 350z or RX8.

The V6 N/A beast (280hp RWD) seems to be very attractive from an all motor perspective, with much potential to unleash! Just my thoughts, what are yours?
Old Apr 23, 2002, 04:21 AM

Also let's include cars such as the upcoming G35 coupe

and upcoming GTR next year
Old Apr 23, 2002, 04:22 AM
Evolving Member

I think they are both really hot cars! I especially like the RX-8 and cannot wait till that sweet thing comes out. I read that the 350Z although having a base price on the $20's will get up to atleast $35k fully loaded (otherwise it would be an option next top the Evo).

Performance wise I am willing to bet the Evo will spank either one in either category. I am sure the RX-8 will handle wonderfully and they will both be quick cars. But, like the Evo we have to wait until they are available before we can find out for ourselves!!!
Old Apr 23, 2002, 04:49 AM
Evolved Member

RX

I've loved that car since my cousin had a first gen...
Old Apr 23, 2002, 05:03 AM
Evolved Member

how can u be a fan of a car that hasn't been out yet?
Old Apr 23, 2002, 07:05 AM
Evolved Member

If I move out of this snowy hell I'll get an rx-8
Old Apr 23, 2002, 07:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the RX used to be my dream car, but not being able to see actually track tests makes me lean more towards the Evo, estimated price for the Evo is alot lower than the 8 too... but you gotta respect the rotorary that puts out 280 just like that... but turbos are fun too.... man...
Old Apr 23, 2002, 07:38 AM

MSRP...?

I search on the Net.... I can't find the MSRP for the RX8!

Did somebody know it?
Old Apr 23, 2002, 09:11 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the MSRP for the 8 is not out yet, mazda said its gonna be around 30k, but in my opinion its gonna be in the 35k range, somewhat within where the 350Z is. they could do this coz market tests shows that alot of mid-age folks like the 8, and the 35k tag isnt too much of a stretch for the demographic they're pointing towards...
Old Jun 1, 2002, 02:16 AM

Well Mazda hasn't told us yet what the pricing would be but they were leaning towards a base price under 30k. This should be a great everyday car as opposed to the EVO which would be a pain in the *** to drive everyday. I love the way the RX-8 looks and have heard that they have made huge improvements with their new GENESIS rotary. Supposedly they have made huge strides in the fuel efficiency and and emmissions problems that have plagued rotaries in the past. Should be a great car.

None the less I would imagine sub 6 0-60 times for the RX-8 and 350z both. I personally am not too fond of the Zs styling, and truthfully like the styling of its sister coupe the G35 better. I wouldn't plan on waiting for the GTR if it is indeed the real GTR because I suspect that it will cost at least 60-70k. If they just bring us the G35 version then I suspect they would price it around 35-40k.

Its going to be a great year for car enthusiasts in 2003.
Old Jun 1, 2002, 02:34 AM

Originally posted by zeroize
35k tag isnt too much of a stretch for the demographic they're pointing towards...
You couldn't be more wrong. The reason why the last batch of Japanese super cars died was that they were too high priced. The RX-7 was the first to go then followed by the 300zx and then the Supra and finally the 3000GT. These cars all were priced way too high especially with the SUV boom that was going on. The Japanese automakers have benefitted from that whole experience and would be quite foolish to repeat their mistakes.

Right now with the Yen being so weak and the dollar so strong Japanese automakers could sell their supercars well below their Japanese costs and still make profits off of them. We dealers have been hammering the factory reps for a base price of under 30K for the RX-8 and a base price of around 27K for the EVO's. Subaru listened when we requested they price the WRX under 25K, Mitsubishi is a company that listens closely to their dealer body so the EVO should come close to our requests(probably a little more than we would like, but hey...), as far as Mazda is concerned I really can't comment on them since we just recently took over a Mazda franchise. Nissan has already anounced pricing of the Z and I fully expect the RX-8 to be priced competitively.
Old Jun 1, 2002, 03:02 AM
Evolved Member

question of the skyline

what about the GT-T...imo GTR and GTT arne't too far away from each other so is just as good
Old Jun 1, 2002, 04:12 AM
Evolving Member

maybe the supra will come back, heres for hoping

Link
Old Jun 1, 2002, 05:47 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the supra might come out by 04 or so
Old Jun 1, 2002, 08:17 AM
Evolving Member

>>maybe the supra will come back, heres for hoping

Didn't they stop production of the Supra along with the Skyline, and Rx-7 this year?

Or maybe are they coming out with a new model?