Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

The New Ride. It's Official

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2008, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jmsrx
Congrats.
I'll be in the market for something next year and this car is on my short list. Can you steer it with the throttle as easily as the reviews say? Love the color choice. Good luck.
The car is very easy to drive.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

Location: Clifton New Jersey Lived: Daytona Beach, Florida Lived: Port Orange, Florida
congrats she looks great!
(off-topic) i just looked at your location and realized i am headed near there in like 30min LOL.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

wow... jealous... it has a little more top end then the evo huh? lol...

i was on a 05 R6, and from 60-150 i was only about 3 car lengths ahead of a C6... so i can guess how fast the z06 is... CRAZY FAST ;P

i think i would want this, or the new GTR... those are good dream cars, that are actually "possible" to get.

take a bunch of pics, lets see it in and out. get that thing on the dyno too! do a baseline, and after you put your cam and headers. those would be awesome things to post up.

so the evo guys know what they are dealing with when they match up against these supercar killing vettes.

last thing gotta say... AMAZING car.
Old Jul 20, 2008, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Ba$tard!! those are the rims that I wanted and no dealer had... What can I say that you don't already know bro..brute power, brute torque at any rpm and any speed at any gear, just punch it and go...

Beautiful car, the 08s are significantly softer due to the new revised suspension, additionally that tremec TR- 6060 is a delight(upgrade from previous Tremec T56).

Have you done the rear mufler flapper 10 sec mod yet?, open the fuse box and pull the lower right fuse, then go and grab a set of earmugs...

Enjoy the car Joel it is a heck of a ride . People should be aware that you can get such monsters in some dealers for $64K and change(kerbeck or corvetteconti.com)

Carlos
Old Jul 20, 2008, 08:07 PM

best looking Z06 version to date.....congrats! the car is a monster!
Old Jul 20, 2008, 08:39 PM

nice car, really like the black!
Old Jul 21, 2008, 05:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO

Have you done the rear mufler flapper 10 sec mod yet?, open the fuse box and pull the lower right fuse, then go and grab a set of earmugs...

Carlos
The wife bought me the remote Mild 2 Wild switch before i had the car. When opened....it's the best sounding exhaust i've ever heard.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 05:39 AM
Evolved Member

So pretty. I'm gettin' teary eyed.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 08:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Rez90
The wife bought me the remote Mild 2 Wild switch before i had the car. When opened....it's the best sounding exhaust i've ever heard.
LOL... you are ahead of the game then. I am still pulling the fuse and putting it back when going on hwy trips but I will soon buy me one.

Have you seen the massive stock exhaust this car has? It is a dual 3" aluminized pipes, the new ZR1 uses the same exhaust..the tips are bigger than on the regular C6 as well.

I suggest you get the 427 emblems for the hood, it will enhance your car's appeal a whole lot specially because the emblems are 3d red and the hood is black.

What does your wife says about the ride? Whenever my wife rides the car she tells me that she is being observed by a lot of stalkers..LOL

Carlos
Old Jul 21, 2008, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
LOL... you are ahead of the game then. I am still pulling the fuse and putting it back when going on hwy trips but I will soon buy me one.

Have you seen the massive stock exhaust this car has? It is a dual 3" aluminized pipes, the new ZR1 uses the same exhaust..the tips are bigger than on the regular C6 as well.

I suggest you get the 427 emblems for the hood, it will enhance your car's appeal a whole lot specially because the emblems are 3d red and the hood is black.

What does your wife says about the ride? Whenever my wife rides the car she tells me that she is being observed by a lot of stalkers..LOL

Carlos

Get the remote exhaust switch. it's awesome.

Yes. I did pu thte car on a lift and look under it. The exhaust is massive. Gave me wood. On the flags on the front and rear i blacked them out with vinyl overlays. It looks much better.

My wife loves the car. She drove it for the first time last night and scared me to dealth. It was awesome to see her enjoy it like i do.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 08:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the car in rediculous i was just at the chevy dealer by my house drooling over one in the showroom i promised the guy i will be back one day to driveit out of the showroom mark my word haha im already saving now!
Old Jul 21, 2008, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

beautiful car. congrats on the purchase
Old Jul 21, 2008, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

very nice ride
Old Jul 22, 2008, 08:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Love it. I wish I could make the same move
Old Jul 22, 2008, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by anjapower
Love it. I wish I could make the same move
Some higher miles Z06 can be had for high 40's. Off course we are talking about the 06 year(first year) and with more basic packages.

Average Z06 typically sell from low 50's and up. Still a heck of a deal for a supercar performance at "affordable" price.

You figure, people sometimes spend a few grand on the Evos but if you look at the bigger picture, the Z06 comes already with more equipment and it also has the great brakes, suspension, appeal,comfort features(HID lights leather, cruise control, etc) so after all selling your use Evo for the Z06 is not that bad.

If you don't have the extra money then keep the Evo, it is the best car of its price range and still beats cars that cost twice..

My .2c

Carlos

Quick Reply: The New Ride. It's Official