Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Who would TRade a EVo for a Skyline? check this out

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2008, 05:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hell no!!
Old Jul 6, 2008, 07:16 AM

wow...i can't believe you're actually considering it or even asking us. i mean the R34 is sweet but i wouldn't even trade my evo for it, why would u trade the evo for this??? Skyline is alot of hassle to buy parts and maintaince. yes, i agree is cool to have and it's rare but i love my evo.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 07:24 AM
Evolving Member

Dont do it, that would be like trading your evo for a 91 eclipse gst. Non GTR Skylines are garbage trust me, im currently in japan and there is a ton of pos skylines.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 08:04 AM
Evolving Member

I was in Japan...gts-t's are not much faster than honda civics...honestly. They are the junk skylines of Japan. Not AWD...usually beat to **** by people who pretend they are the GTR's. Trust me...no go.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 08:08 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Don't do it bro. You'll be sorry!
Old Jul 6, 2008, 08:17 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gothp?
negative on that one ghostrider.but that's just me.
why is that?
Old Jul 6, 2008, 08:18 AM
Evolving Member

Cool

Originally Posted by 16vTAWD
Dont do it, that would be like trading your evo for a 91 eclipse gst. Non GTR Skylines are garbage trust me, im currently in japan and there is a ton of pos skylines.
what part of japan are you in? I am about to go to japan for 4 years... lol.. i figure i would see some of ya'lls input.. lol..
Old Jul 6, 2008, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tvwj
If was an R34 i would trade my evo in a heartbeat.
+1 that thing looks like a POS.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 09:42 AM
Evolving Member

I would read this first:

Federal vs. State Registration
According to Sean Morris, one of the foremost experts on JDM vehicle importation, most people can not grasp the difference between vehicle legalization and vehicle registration.

# Legalization – a vehicle in full compliance with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards, and Environmental Protection Agency standards.

# Registration - registration is the responsibility of the individual states and localities. Most states do not check to see wether a vehicle is federally legal. If they see the vehicle, and are paid the registration fees, they will give registration for the vehicle.

Many people seem to get confused that if a vehicle is registered, that it is legal or "legalized". A registered vehicle is just a registered vehicle. Registration could still be revoked by the DOT, EPA, or customs service, if the vehicle was found to have entered into the country fraudulently.

NHTSA is not responsible for regulating the operation of motor vehicles on public roads in the U.S. nor for titling or registering motor vehicles for such operation. That is instead the responsibility of the individual States. Some States may require a manufacturer's certificate of origin (MCO) or manufacturer's statement of origin (MSO) to register a new motor vehicle. These are not federally required documents. NHTSA, therefore, is not in a position to offer guidance to prospective vehicle manufacturers or vehicle purchasers on obtaining a needed MCO or MSO. Consumers with questions regarding these documents should direct those questions to their State’s Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). Prospective manufacturers seeking guidance on obtaining MCO or MSO documents should contact the American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators (AAMVA) at 703-522-4201 or visit that organization's website at http://www.aamva.org.

99% of the time "State Titled" and "State Registered" translates to "Illegally imported and titled as kit car". Cars that appear "legal" (to a state) can be impounded by the Feds. Likely, no. Possible, yes. It has happened before (in AZ, in particular) and may be stepped up if the Feds decide they're "fed up" (no pun intended) with the flouting of the law. Many illegally-imported Skylines roam the streets unmolested on a regular basis. However, there's always the chance that something goes wrong (usually due to an accident, a vandalism / theft, or simply an "anonymous call") that brings the car to "official" attention.
source: http://www.nicoclub.com/articles/skyline-import-1.shtml
Old Jul 6, 2008, 10:32 AM

Not that piece of $hit......That thing is mad old
Old Jul 6, 2008, 10:34 AM

nope not this car
Old Jul 6, 2008, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MacksEvo
for a cleaner skyline yet, def. not that one though...
yup
Old Jul 6, 2008, 10:45 AM
Account Disabled

No.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

That thing looks trashy. Keep your evo.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 10:51 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
coming from a big nissan guy...i wouldnt even trade. Its got damge on quarter panel, and its only the RB20.
If it had the RB25 had a straight body, i would if he gave me 10k cash too
cause id have a fun 10sec rwd pump gas nissan again