Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Who would TRade a EVo for a Skyline? check this out

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2008, 10:21 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
who has a stock car anymore? certainly not I.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 04:48 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by mostH8D
who has a stock car anymore? certainly not I.
Why did you ask that question?
Old Jul 7, 2008, 04:49 PM
Evolved Member

r34 or no deal.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 12:04 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by VincentX
Why did you ask that question?
because of he "stock for stock..." comment.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 12:16 AM
Evolved Member

I'd trade my Evo for an R34 Skyline,

Just So I could be a mail man!
Old Jul 8, 2008, 12:39 AM

I spent 3 years in Okinawa, I owned a 91 Skyline GTS-T. I loved it, that was my first touch with boost. As one of the above posters said...they are all over Japan...they are the "Mustang"/"Camaro" there(meaning you see one every 10 feet). I did a lot to mine to set it apart from the rest. Compared to my Evo 9...there is none. Evo is hands down faster, handles better, and even more fun to drive. They are easy to work on. Parts are not that hard to find, search ebay. Body parts will be hard to get shipped. Though for Engine and trannies...they will cost and arm and a leg because the name attached to them. Cost you a 2 or 3 grand for a new engine on ebay where as in Japan you could go get one for $200-300. I'm at work and can't see the pictures, but just from reading the above post. He would have to give you A LOT of cash to make it worth it. In Okinawa I bought mine for $3700 stock, and it was immaculate condition. Also as stated above watch out for shady imports. There is legal importing, last I heard only MotorX can do it, and then there is gray importing...say good bye to your car. Keep your Evo, if you want a skyline get the 09 GTR, like most of though, probably can't afford it. Bottom line is, don't let the name full you. It's like trading an Evo for a Lancer.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 02:55 PM

lol not as bad as a lancer its more like trading a STi for a WRX but no i wouldnt do it and im a nissan guy lol

as the guy said above GTS-T are sooo cheap i got one for $1200 also the RB25 isnt a great motor. Nissan cut corners and used cheaper parts on it to save production cost on the RB25 the RB26 is hands down better. i got my R32 GT-R in mint condition for $6,500 in Nagoya