Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

GTR markup.... an entire EVO worth!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2008, 02:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GM has said the same thing about honoring the MSRP of 105,000 for the new ZR1 but dealers are already talking about ungodly mark ups

http://jalopnik.com/396780/dealer-go...rice-of-413000
Old Aug 7, 2008, 02:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that is crazy but if i had the money to get it trust me i will but i rather get a house of my wn before i buy any more toys lol....
Old Aug 7, 2008, 03:09 PM
Evolved Member

Looks like we're all intelligent buyers.
Old Aug 7, 2008, 03:14 PM
Evolving Member

Is there any way to contact Head of Nissan, and complain?
Old Aug 7, 2008, 03:25 PM
Evolving Member

Even if I had that kind of money, I would never get the new GT-R. I really don't like it very much. I mean, I tip my hat to the jaw-dropping lap times of the GT-R and the control and balance of it, but it's still not my type. If I had the money, I would get a car like the Lotus Exige S240, a Porsche Cayman S, a BMW M3 sedan, or just another Evo. I love hardcore driving machines which make you truly feel one with the car, something that will be sky high in the fun factor. The GT-R doesn't involve the driver as much since it has so much technology packed into it. You may win the race, but will the driver appreciate driving a machine like the GT-R? I wouldn't.
Old Aug 7, 2008, 03:29 PM
Evolving Member

damn...

~Chug
Old Aug 7, 2008, 03:29 PM

If you have money to buy a skyline you most likly have the money to pay for the mark up. And if i did i dont think i would buy the car cause i like the whole race feel of a full manual transmission with a clutch. For that reason nissan ****ed up the new skyline in my opinion.

Last edited by carlmalonie; Aug 7, 2008 at 03:33 PM.
Old Aug 7, 2008, 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

There's a sucker born every minute. A fool and his money are soon parted. The list goes on and on but you get the point. If a person has the money to afford the markup that doesn't mean they should pay the markup. I understand the concept of keeping up with the Joneses but what about smart shopping? As far as the comment about if you have the money to pay for a Skyline then you have the money for the markup is ridiculous. There is a vast discrepancy between 73k and 112k.
Old Aug 7, 2008, 04:02 PM
Evolving Member

I wouldn't mind a GT-R but not for $112K. Knowing that it should cost $70K according to the manufacture would prevent me from doing it.
Old Aug 7, 2008, 04:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
if you all were in his shoes, you would sell for the same price if not more , so stop hating. And as for people that are willing to overpay $30k for a car, remember, to them $30K is not worth as much as $30k to you .

We may not understand why someone would overpay $30k for a car, but on a flip side, some people don't understand why Evo guys are buying $400 Rally Art Mud-flaps or other overpriced JDM stuff.

If you can afford it, and you worked hard for it, by all means spend away and enjoy.
Old Aug 7, 2008, 04:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nawaz
Even if I had that kind of money, I would never get the new GT-R. I really don't like it very much. I mean, I tip my hat to the jaw-dropping lap times of the GT-R and the control and balance of it, but it's still not my type. If I had the money, I would get a car like the Lotus Exige S240, a Porsche Cayman S, a BMW M3 sedan, or just another Evo. I love hardcore driving machines which make you truly feel one with the car, something that will be sky high in the fun factor. The GT-R doesn't involve the driver as much since it has so much technology packed into it. You may win the race, but will the driver appreciate driving a machine like the GT-R? I wouldn't.
Have you driven one???
Old Aug 7, 2008, 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
I was told by a pretty reliable source the Nissan has issued warning that if any dealer is caught selling the GTR above MSRP they will lose the car.. I know someone locally got one for 72k so i would imagine this could be true..
if this is a fact it makes me very happy that a car manufacturer is looking out for their customers so they don't get raped.
Old Aug 7, 2008, 05:06 PM
Evolving Member

The key is to not buy it with the mark up. If everyone who wants the GTR does that, then the mark up will drop.
Old Aug 7, 2008, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

Hey there are rich people out there that if you tell them that they can save almost 40k for buying the same car at another dealership, you'll be damn sure that they will go to that dealership instead of being so impatience and buying things on a impulse.

That's what I've been trying to say, not that no one will buy the car at that price range. Of course that there are millionares who doesn't care about spending $100k here and there like that arabian guy who spent 40k to ship his lambo to England and back for just an oil change .
Old Aug 7, 2008, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BlueDemon
Hey there are rich people out there that if you tell them that they can save almost 40k for buying the same car at another dealership, you'll be damn sure that they will go to that dealership instead of being so impatience and buying things on a impulse.

That's what I've been trying to say, not that no one will buy the car at that price range. Of course that there are millionares who doesn't care about spending $100k here and there like that arabian guy who spent 40k to ship his lambo to England and back for just an oil change .
i dont know, i think it would play out as "so i got my GT-R before anyone in the state"
(these are the people that pay 10k for a $500 xbox 360 at launch without waiting in line)

Quick Reply: GTR markup.... an entire EVO worth!