Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Nissan GTR

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2008 | 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

Nissan GTR

Is anyone going to purchase a GTR? I haven't seen much talk of it, and was wondering if there is anyone on the boards that will be or that have purchased.

I am expecting my 2009 GTR Gun metal/Black leather sometime in November.

Old Aug 15, 2008 | 07:36 PM
Evolving Member

hell no! evo ftw!!
Old Aug 15, 2008 | 08:01 PM
Evolving Member

Evos fo LIFE!!!!!
Old Aug 15, 2008 | 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

just look at the sticky in "other cars"
Old Aug 15, 2008 | 08:06 PM
Evolved Member

LOL.. so you haven't heard much about it?, I probably opened like 3 or 4 post alone on that car. Speaking of that congrats on your purchase.

Carlos
Old Aug 15, 2008 | 09:09 PM
Evolving Member

Man, you are very lucky for being able to afford one of those. Gorgeous car. I would put on the current (G35) Skyline lettering on the back if I got one, just to keep the legend alive.
Old Aug 15, 2008 | 11:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AznX TL
just look at the sticky in "other cars"
I dont want to go to another website, I wanted to stay in my community and ask my fellow evo owners... make sense?

BTW, the evo isnt going anywhere, I would never give that up, I gave up my VIII for the vette and am still regreting it to this day.
Old Aug 16, 2008 | 03:32 AM
Evolving Member

the maintenance cost is pretty ridiculous on that thing. i opted for a "legacy" skyline based on that alone. i think the rb26 is a little more user friendly to work on and the availability of after market makes it a better choice for me. $1k oil changes dont fit in my budget...of course i exaggerate but over the life of that car i think the required maintenance would be a bit pricey. not to mention markups on the sticker. if you didnt pay one that's great but from what i've heard...ive done no looking myself...its considerable. also, IMHO its not a "proper" skyline. it doesnt carry the marque anymore. just the GTR badge. i've always been a fan of the muscular lines, lineage and legend.

dont get me wrong, i think this car is nice, but a car that practically drives itself is not for me. i think the aftermarket community may not be as supportive as well for several reasons, which would just plain suck. congrats on your purchase and i hope it all works out. everybody has different tastes, but i thought i would share with you some of the reasons why i did not consider the new GTR.
Old Aug 16, 2008 | 03:42 AM
Evolving Member

evo 4 life
Old Aug 16, 2008 | 04:13 AM
Evolved Member

I heard that dealerships won't be able to sell them until they install a special new lift that has to pass a Nissan factory inspection.
Old Aug 16, 2008 | 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

i got mine 2 weeks go... great car
Old Aug 16, 2008 | 06:21 PM
Evolved Member

I May still get 1 but right now Im not so sure. Maybe should just get the E92 M3 which I can get close to invoice price.
Old Aug 16, 2008 | 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hel_if_ino
I dont want to go to another website, I wanted to stay in my community and ask my fellow evo owners... make sense?

BTW, the evo isnt going anywhere, I would never give that up, I gave up my VIII for the vette and am still regreting it to this day.
opps my bad, i misread that last night. i thought you said if there were any boards with gt-r owners.
Old Aug 17, 2008 | 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mostH8D
the maintenance cost is pretty ridiculous on that thing. i opted for a "legacy" skyline based on that alone. i think the rb26 is a little more user friendly to work on and the availability of after market makes it a better choice for me. $1k oil changes dont fit in my budget...of course i exaggerate but over the life of that car i think the required maintenance would be a bit pricey. not to mention markups on the sticker. if you didnt pay one that's great but from what i've heard...ive done no looking myself...its considerable. also, IMHO its not a "proper" skyline. it doesnt carry the marque anymore. just the GTR badge. i've always been a fan of the muscular lines, lineage and legend.

dont get me wrong, i think this car is nice, but a car that practically drives itself is not for me. i think the aftermarket community may not be as supportive as well for several reasons, which would just plain suck. congrats on your purchase and i hope it all works out. everybody has different tastes, but i thought i would share with you some of the reasons why i did not consider the new GTR.
Thanks for your input! That is definitely a concern of mine, maintenance cost... but the first three years is covered by Nissan, along with a mirage of other inspections, and honestly, I can't say for sure whether I would keep this car longer than three years, with my going rate. The only car that I have kept for longer than three years was my '03 Evo, which I would still have to this day if it werent for me thinking that the vette would be better, which it wasn't. The markup was no joke, the cheapest I could find in my area was 10k over, but considering the ebay sales and what other dealerships ARE, not trying, to sell them for I think I will be ok.

No RB26, ok sure but I don't think that takes the R35 out of the skyline heritage...? Thats pretty harsh, considering this lives up to or exceeds the skyline name, being that it is essentially the new bargain supercar in America.

As for the aftermarket support, you are damn right on that, just doing some initial looking around the same material and parts that make an $800 exhaust for the X is selling for $2400 for the skyline, just f'ing rediculous... I had the same problem with the vette, prices were outrageous simply for the ill faded reasoning that since the car cost so much, the parts should too. I do not intend to upgrade for a while anyways, I don't think I will need to, I have the X for that
Old Aug 17, 2008 | 12:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by letMeIn
I May still get 1 but right now Im not so sure. Maybe should just get the E92 M3 which I can get close to invoice price.
Agreed, and you will NOT be dissapointed in that, my father bought one with the DCT and is just blown away, it is an amazing ride and unfortunately it is being overshadowed by the Nissan. You can't get any better with the all around package though, luxury AND power, can't beat it.

Quick Reply: Nissan GTR