Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Future price of the Nissan GTR

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2008, 11:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, dude - I remember a thread about the maintenance costs of the car...insane!!! I will probably NEVER own this car

More power to those that can...unbelievable car = unbelievable price
Old Sep 6, 2008, 05:47 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 05ah8james
Yeah, I was waiting for someone to say this. I'm just not into Audi, Benz, BMW, ETC. I really like import tuner cars and this seems to be the most high class import there is.
I know you said you don't want used, but consider this. Pick up a NSX. Supercar status, Japanese car and much cheaper. It will still catch eyes and stand out from the Audi, Benz, BMW etc. And personally I think it will draw more people who don't know cars as much than a GT-R. The GT-R may be a supercar but IMO it definitely doesn't look like one and can easily blend in with a crowd to those that don't know. Dending on the kind of mileage and the year, you're looking between $30K and $70K for something that at least looks like a supercar and stands out in a crowd with performance too (albeit nowhere near GT-R performance).

Originally Posted by UT_Evo
What kind of crowd are you trying to attract at the karate school that you think you owning a GTR (and parking it out front) is going to help attract?
When I think Karate school I think little boys. When I think GT-R I think little boys dreaming of owning/driving one. I think his logic works. "Mommy I wanna go to karate school, please, please, please." Then in their heads, they get to go and see it and maybe if they stay long enough they'll get to ride in it